Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
That offer from Phil is more of a message than anything else. Not a chance in hell Minnesota accepts that, but at least you keep feeding into the idea that you're aggressively trying to make the team better ASAP. That type of **** might appeal to potential future targets that share Melo's "win now" mentality.

If it was about the money why would he even consider another team since no one could have paid him more than the Knicks?

Because he wanted to have his cake and eat it too.

Held out as long as he could to see if Chicago could maneuver some pieces around to offer a full max or have enough for a S&T deal. They couldn't (or wouldn't)...so that right there, plus $40-$50M more guaranteed, made his decision easier.

Not mad at him for any of that and he could say w/e now. It might keep the NY media off his *** for a bit, idk.

Last edited:
So I guess Minny declined, smart. But IDK why tey haven't accepted the cavs' offer/why the cavs would offer.

Im telling you, Wiggins is going to give the league that WORK this year.

I still think Minny is crazy for not pulling the trigger on the cavs offer

They will, they're in no rush. Flip Saunders is way too arrogant so he's taking his time.

He should have tho, he's playing a risky game if he waits till the deadline. Cleveland has the leverage the further it goes on. He's an idiot. That's why coaches shouldn't be GMs while they're coaching.

Last edited:
Well, I wonder if Cleveland's signing of Wiggins was a message to Minny saying "you waited too long, too bad, no more deal."

Well, I wonder if Cleveland's signing of Wiggins was a message to Minny saying "you waited too long, too bad, no more deal."

No, they needed to put ink to paper sooner rather than later.

Wolves want to take their time - I hope in the end they get played for their stupidity, it could very well happen. As Knick fans we should hope the trade doesn't happen and Kevin Love becomes a free agent so we can sign him.

that knicks trade is mad unrealistic. but thats when you trade thjr when you can get a superstar like love. no bueno on a thjr trade for monroe

I wonder how many people on here were like "nah, I wouldn't include Shump in a deal for Love".
laugh.gif

Last edited:
You guys are,crazy to not trade,THJR for Monroe.

Its 100x easier to find another SG like Tim than a 7ft center of Monroes caliber.

My reasoning is, Pistons are not on TV as much

Love would resign here in a heartbeat, lets just stop that resign talk now :lol:

If true, I like that Phil is trying. Also proves that THJ is not untouchable for the right player.

I feel like this is more of a "macro" move--something you see the more clever GM's do.

Phil knows Cleveland is close to getting Love. In that sense, he's inflating the market value for Love. He's trying to get Cleveland to give up more for Love, which would help the East as a whole. Creates more balance.

Phil knows Minnesotta wouldn't take that trade, but now they see how much teams "want" Love. I like this psychological game Phil is playing. Very calculative.

You see this type of stuff happen ALL the time when companies are in M&A activity in investment banking. Puts more pressure on the competition.

Last edited:
Love would resign here in a heartbeat, lets just stop that resign talk now :lol:

If true, I like that Phil is trying. Also proves that THJ is not untouchable for the right player.

I feel like this is more of a "macro" move--something you see the more clever GM's do.

Phil knows Cleveland is close to getting Love. In that sense, he's inflating the market value for Love. He's trying to get Cleveland to give up more for Love, which would help the East as a whole. Creates more balance.

Phil knows Minnesotta wouldn't take that trade, but now they see how much teams "want" Love. I like this psychological game Phil is playing. Very calculative.

You see this type of stuff happen ALL the time when companies are in M&A activity in
investment banking. Puts more pressure on the competition.
:stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

:rofl:

just got home and read all my subbed threads on NT

what a great way to end it :lol:

Last edited:
Alot of yall are acting like Bargnani needs to be dealt at all costs right now. I get that alot of yall do not like him and are mad that we traded for him in the first place (As am I, btw), but there is absolutely no reason to trade Bargnani right now just for the sake of trading Bargnani. If he needs to be used as a cap filler in a potential trade that is one thing, but all of yall taking on the mentality that he just needs to get out of here ASAP at all costs need to chill a little bit.

Bargnani is on a one year contract and his trade value is as low as it could possibly be right now. It would be much wiser to keep him on board and give him some burn this coming season. If he sucks again, then we can either deal him at the deadline or just wait until his contract comes off the books this summer. No harm done in that situation, and its not like he has any trade value that we could potentially kill by keeping him and him sucking again (like a Shumpert).

The other scenario is that Bargnani plays better than he did last year in the triangle offense (possible), and either becomes a solid rotational player for one season for us, or better yet a semi-attractive expiring contract that we could potentially get something of value for.

I remember the Knicks did that when Donnie Walsh took over with Zach Randolph. Z-Bo had an awful contract and little to no trade value going into that season and was definitely not apart of our long term plans. But  Walsh kept him around and he started off the season playing great, and Walsh was able to generate a **** load of cap room (our primary goal back then) by moving him a month into the season. Z-Bo is obviously a far better player than Bargnani is, but a similar scenario could still arise out of this especially because as an expiring contract Bargnani's deal is much easier traded than Z-Bo's was if Bargnani plays even decent basketball.

There is no advantage in trading the dude now just to trade the dude while his trade value is at rock bottom. I get it, we shouldnt have made the deal for him last year, but the fact is that he is here now. We cant avoid that fact, he is on this roster and he will be making a **** load of money as a New York Knick this season. Rather than deal him out of spite we might as well try and maximize anything he can bring to this team while he is here, either as a player or a trade chip. But neither of which could happen this summer.

Also, you do that deal with Minnesota in a second for Love, any of yall who would even hesitate are out of your minds. I mean its 100% not going to happen but the Knicks would become a championship contender this year with Kevin Love. However, as most of yall have said already there isnt a chance in hell Minnesota does that deal right now. Only chance Knicks have at that deal is if Minnesota keeps Love to start the season and THJR starts playing like a future star, Amare looks good in an aging-Antonio McDyess type role, and Shumpert is locking dudes down left and right and hitting his three point shots. Unlikely but that would be the only chance we have unless Minnesota lets Love hit free agency and there isnt a chance in hell that happens.

On Monroe, I like Monroe, but I would still be hesitant to give up Tim for him. Its not even because I like Hardaway more than Monroe or anything like that, and its not that I dont like Monroe for the triangle because I 100% do, and he is only 24. My only MAJOR hesitation on any potential Greg Monroe deal is that it essentially kills our pursuit of Marc Gasol in free agency next summer. And I LOVE the idea of signing Gasol next summer, and I think there is a very realistic chance he would sign here with the Melo/Phil/Calderon/NYC/$$ combo. 

Gasol brings everything Monroe does and more to this team offensively as a post player, both are great passing big men, Gasol is a bigger body than Monroe, and most importantly Gasol excels at the one area Monroe struggles at. He is an elite rim defender and possibly the best post defender in the game today.

I still might be down for Monroe if we have the chance this summer. I do like Monroe alot, and if we have the chance to get him now it might be worth it because acquiring Gasol is far from a sure thing and it might turn out to be foolish to turn down a very solid center like Monroe for the possibility of Marc Gasol. But I would still be hesitant about breaking the entire bank for Greg Monroe right now, because it would pretty much end our chances at Gasol next summer.

Last edited:
Minny said they aren't doing the deal. No need to stay on "Love" train, I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up in Cleveland.

And people throwing out wishes and what not for 2015, let's concentrate on what we can do this season. This team under new leadership can be as good as the 54 win season barring no major injuries, although if we lose Earl I'd be alright.

If we can get Monroe now I'd take him. I think he'd thrive in the triangle.

I'm done waiting for next offseason. If we talking long term hypotheticals then it's okay to add that in the equation but as far as reality and the present if that trade is doable I'm doing it. So I'm down for trading Bargs and STAT to make contracts match along with assets in Shump and THJR. Cuz it really comes down to if we don't get a Gasol next off season then what? Wait another year while optimistically touting our cap space, I'm done with that. The whole point is to fill it and if it aint working through FA then do it through trades if possible.

I just don't want to overpay bums anymore.

Back
Top Bottom