• B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
It seriously bugs me that we amnestied Chauncey for Tyson

When in a dream scenario we could have been mediocre for a year, and then signed cp3 and amnestied Amare to sign Dwight.

O Whale

Of course not, I know they aren't going to change, but I just hope they do. I believe one of Knicks players is a NTer.
nerd.gif
@ JR
I think if JR was an NT'er we would have figured it out by now 
laugh.gif

It seriously bugs me that we amnestied Chauncey for Tyson

When in a dream scenario we could have been mediocre for a year, and then signed cp3 and amnestied Amare to sign Dwight.

O Whale
If the Knicks still had Chauncey, Melo would be more effective.

Call me crazy but I'd try to trade Melo to Houston for all their draft picks an young talent or to Dallas get back picks an Shane Larkin at some point we have to build a team not just ISO-ball I get all the box office stuff but at some point we need winning TEAM basketball

Call me crazy but I'd try to trade Melo to Houston for all their draft picks an young talent or to Dallas get back picks an Shane Larkin at some point we have to build a team not just ISO-ball I get all the box office stuff but at some point we need winning TEAM basketball

Yeah you crazy bruh

With Tyson out I really hope we cut Chris Smith for a center. He got his check guaranteed already so JR can't complain. It could be Tyler, Barron, and I think Jarvis Varnado is a FA too. Any of them would be infinitely more helpful than Chris Smith taking up a bench seat.

Also, it's hard for me to really blame Melo for all iso-ball, when he has no other playmakers or a PG that can set anyone up. I hate watching him go 1 on 2 or 3 as much as anyone, but who else is going to make a play? It could be on Melo, or it could be Woodson for not installing a more fluid offense, but realistically looking at this roster, is there anyone on there you would want to hand the ball to and expect them to score or make a play? w/o JR, who's the best 2nd option on this team, Ron Artest? Felton? Bargnani? :x You can get away without having a real 2nd scorer on a team that plays defense or has a good PG, but we don't, especially with Chandler out.

I'd love to see Shumpert be more aggressive and want to score 15-20/night, but it doesn't seem like Woodson wants him to be, or will even let him be that guy. But I don't really see anyone else with the talent to make their own shot and actually drive to the basket on this team, maybe Felton in spots on a good night. I'm expecting alot of the team's success the next few weeks to be entirely dependent on how well Melo and JR do taking a combined 45-50 shots/game, and in all honesty, that + 3pt shooting is what carried the offense last year. Realistically, we're missing a 2nd all-star level player that should haven been Amare. We gambled on the contract and it only paid off 1.5 of 5 years.

Also, if we're deficient in size/defense/rebounding these next few weeks, I'd love to see Toure at least get a chance for a few minutes when Felton or Prigioni is struggling.

Isola had a good column today.

Knicks coach Mike Woodson not worried about being fired by Garden boss James Dolan
With Garden chairman unhappy, no telling how chips may fall - or if ax would fall on the head coach prematurely.

By Frank Isola / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, November 6, 2013, 11:43 PM

James Dolan was a no-show on Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden so Mike Woodson’s night wasn’t a full-fledged disaster.

There is no telling how Dolan, the Garden chairman, would have reacted immediately following a 102-97 loss to the undermanned Charlotte Bobcats, a game that saw Tyson Chandler suffer a fractured right leg that will sideline the center for four to six weeks. In light of Dolan’s tirade following Sunday’s loss to Minnesota where neither Steve Mills nor the Knicks City Dancers were spared Dolan’s wrath, Woodson got off easy. Well, at least for now.

The Knicks have posted a 1-3 record just weeks after the Daily News reported that Dolan told Woodson and his staff that he expects the Knicks to win a title this year. With Woodson’s top ally, Glen Grunwald, demoted from general manager to adviser before training camp, Woodson is quickly emerging as the fall guy if the Knicks don’t turn things around quickly.

“I have been at this thing 30 years,” Woodson told ESPN Radio in New York on Wednesday. “And the one thing I never and will never do is look over my shoulder. I won’t do that. I got too much pride for that. I think what we have done here for the last few years, we made some major ground and some major steps.

“But this is a different year. That team that played and won 54 games is not here. It is my job as a coach to get this team to jell and play at a high level. If I got to always look over my shoulders, then I can’t do my job, so that is why I never do that. Try to look ahead, that is what is staring at me right now.”

The team that won 54 games included four veterans with playoff experience who policed the locker room. Jason Kidd was the unquestioned leader of the group but he retired to coach the Brooklyn Nets, which is no doubt a sore subject for Dolan.

Rasheed Wallace, Marcus Camby and Kurt Thomas are also gone, and what remains is a talented team that lacks leadership and has yet to figure out how to play together.

According to a source, Woodson was taken aback by Dolan’s “win-now” edict and privately questioned why the roster didn’t include more veterans with championship DNA. Dolan, though, upset over the Knicks losing to Indiana in six games with Kidd underperforming and Wallace and Thomas out with foot injuries, was intent on bringing in younger players.

That philosophical difference isn’t uncommon between coaching staffs and management, but Dolan doesn’t work well with those who challenge his authority.

He can often be irrational, highlighted by his decision to ban — at least for now — the Knicks City Dancers performing their usual routines. They have not performed in either of the last two home games.

In the long run, Woodson and the Knicks will be better off if Dolan focuses more on the game night entertainment as opposed to the basketball team. Just don’t bet on it.

Dolan has a history of meeting with his head coaches after difficult losses, and sometimes his emotions get the best of him.

He ended Lenny Wilkens’ Hall of Fame career in the blink of a eye by ordering Isiah Thomas to fire the former Knicks coach immediately after a last-second home loss to the Houston Rockets. For a while, Mike D’Antoni stayed one step ahead when he discovered a quick escape route from the Garden on those nights when he wasn’t in the mood to listen to Dolan give the autopsy report. Eventually, he also was fired and replaced by Woodson.

Woodson has played the role of the good company man since being promoted. He accepted Dolan’s ground rules and fired his long-time agent, Keith Glass, because the Glass family had represented Dolan’s all-time adversary, Larry Brown. Woodson also allows himself to be followed by a Garden employee everywhere he goes, whether it’s at home games or on the road. Last season, the employee wouldn’t leave Woodson’s side as the coach met with family and friends outside the visiting team locker room in Atlanta. It was an awkward and uncomfortable scene.

Woodson remains close to Brown, so he knew exactly what he was getting into when he agreed to join the Knicks. But until you experience it you really never fully understand it.

“Expectations are high and they should be,” Woodson told the radio station. “I am not running from that as the coach. As the owner, Mr. Dolan being an owner of our team, he has every right to voice his opinion. This is his team, we all work for Mr. Dolan and I am happy to be a worker for Mr. Dolan.”

Dolan is a sick, sick man. I dont understand how you live day to day being that damn insecure and paranoid.

Dolan has a person or persons following Woodson 24/7? :smh:
I would not work under those conditions. Get out of here with that.

On another note, heres a short article on what the Knicks may be doing with Tyson out....http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/49704/how-knicks-will-fill-void-left-by-chandler

Expecting more from Carmelo just doesnt seem reasonable. He's leading the knicks in points, rebs, steals, and minutes played. The man is putting in work. Wheres the rest of the team?

Woody gotta step his coaching up because Tyson is the defensive identity of the Knicks. Kmart and and RA will provide some resistance but i don't want to see Kmart playing too many minutes for a long run. Bargs has an opprtunity to get some fans if HE can step it up but I wouldn't put my money. On that.

Last edited:
Dolan :smh: :smh: :smh: put the hit out somebody :pimp:

Man nate wolters is doing marvelous with the bucks and nobody is paying attention to him still, he would be here if it was up to me...the poise, patience, confidence he shows is amazing. And nobodys paying attention to him

Woodson is a sucka. I'd quit. How you gonna essentially make me fire my long time agent, and have someone follow me all the time. It's a basketball team, not national security b. This doesn't make sense 
mean.gif

laugh.gif
 @ D'antoni finding the escape route

Last edited:
A few of us wanted Nate Wolters in the Offseaso thread.

Sure did. He would've fit in perfectly with his playing style, but I'll give Hardaway Jr. credit for showing he isn't scared to step into a rotational role.

I'll also give Woodson some props. I disagree with a few of his decisions but I can't say he isn't devoted to the job to tolerate a man like James Dolan.

Back
Top Bottom