Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Someone give an honest breakdown of Waiters, I know about him, but not more about him than Shump. If it is a swap of players that are nearly identical then don't trade, but if Waiters has more intangibles then do it, but the little that I do know is he is a hot head and divided the locker room, we've had some characters, but right now as we attempt to round the corner we don't need the drama.

Someone give an honest breakdown of Waiters, I know about him, but not more about him than Shump. If it is a swap of players that are nearly identical then don't trade, but if Waiters has more intangibles then do it, but the little that I do know is he is a hot head and divided the locker room, we've had some characters, but right now as we attempt to round the corner we don't need the drama.

Great iso scorer that doesnt move well without the ball, defense isnt on shumps level but he can hold his own against opposing sg's

I wouldnt call him a hot head, cleveland never really had that vet leadership dion needs at this stage of his career

Watched him a lot of Syracuse. We will be sacrificing Offense for Defense, but I think the ceiling is higher with Waiters than Shump.

We need someone who has a high bball IQ and who's game doesn't waver depending on whether his chick giving him the blues or not.

I don't see us sticking with Waiters/THJr & JR. They all do the same thing with varying degrees of consistency and none of them seem to be "Phil guys". Someone would be expendable.

This would probably be a move to set up another move since Shump's trade value is so low at the moment.

^^^ in this scenario I could see Jax letting go of Earl, only thing is when Earl is on he is on, and he isn't scared to take the shot, he hasn't seen a shot he didn't like. When Earl is off, he is wayyy off, more than when he is on, and he hasn't seen a shot he doesn't like. But I'm going to lay off the Earl slander, and just see where it goes.

High IQ players, willing to pass and play defense.

A la Fisher, Horry, BJ armstrong, Paxson, Kerr, Ron Harper, etc. etc.

View media item 1124750
Do it Phil.

He has the physical tools to be a good defender, he just needs the coaching and there is no ceiling to his offensive ability.

Baby Wade.

Last edited:
^^^ in this scenario I could see Jax letting go of Earl, only thing is when Earl is on he is on, and he isn't scared to take the shot, he hasn't seen a shot he didn't like. When Earl is off, he is wayyy off, more than when he is on, and he hasn't seen a shot he doesn't like. But I'm going to lay off the Earl slander, and just see where it goes.

JR back, i think he'll be gone by new years if he starts the season the same as last year

looking at the lebron vs melo comparison it seemed like melo had him in the 1st couple seasons but after that it was back and forth

42% fg and 34% 3pt at around 14-17ppg

Low IQ, garbage attitude, chuck, only plays D when he wants to? Sounds like JR to me.

:lol: what are "phil guys"
Gotta be open to the zen and doesn't mean just smoking mad :pimp: It should be obvious JR isn't anybody's "guy" except for Sn.

I don't see us getting Waiters though. Where did this talk come from? Just fan generated like Monroe? Has the Cavs even talked about moving him? One thing I've noticed in the NBA thread by Cavs fans and other ppl paying attention is Waiters seems to have a huge attitude problem. I saw them talk about that team meeting story :lol: Not sure how he'd mesh with Melo or while JR is still here :lol:

Yea the Dion rumors were from last year. I think we declined it, or they took offer off the table. I forgot.

I know we have 1000 guards on this team, but I kinda want JJ Barea (1 year 4 mill expiring) on this team.

Last edited:
:lol: what are "phil guys"
Gotta be open to the zen and doesn't mean just smoking mad :pimp: It should be obvious JR isn't anybody's "guy" except for Sn.

I don't see us getting Waiters though. Where did this talk come from? Just fan generated like Monroe? Has the Cavs even talked about moving him? One thing I've noticed in the NBA thread by Cavs fans and other ppl paying attention is Waiters seems to have a huge attitude problem. I saw them talk about that team meeting story :lol: Not sure how he'd mesh with Melo or while JR is still here :lol:
He'd probably steal on Melo for demanding the ball or being from B-More.

Waiters & JR & THJR is redundant as hell. No thanks.

Keep Shump for now. See how he develops in the triangle. The great thing about the system is there will be a defined role for him and he can focus on that instead of contemplating whether to switch on D again in fear of entering Sn's doghouse.

I see no reason why he can't develop into a reliable 3 & D player in this league. His #'s as a spot-up corner shooter and flashes of good ISO D bear witness to that. It's on him to finally put it all together this season and show he could be a key piece for the future.

The culture change that Phil aims to implement might benefit Shump more than anyone else on the team. Son is emo and the constant negativity surrounding the team last year hurt his game from a confidence & development standpoint. It's a fresh start without a change of scenery.

I don't think Fish has a daughter old enough for Shump to smang so that helps too. At least we don't have to worry about our coach looking at ol' boy on the court and thinking about how wide she bust it open for him the previous night.
laugh.gif

If he fails to make it work now, then I'm not opposed to moving on and admitting it's just not meant to be for him in NY. This is his last chance to show out.

Last edited:
:rofl: @ "son is emo"

I agree with everything you said for the most part.

I still think Shump can be a Tony Allen or Raja Bell with better offense.

But he is at the very end of his rope in NY.

He has to show up big this season.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom