Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Just for starters Millsap makes 9.5 and is a much better player.

2 inches shorter and he averages almost more than 2x as may blocks, is stronger, is better at defending the stretch 4s that are taking over the league, has an infinitely better jumper and range, much better free throw shooter, just as good of a rebounder, racks up more assists, etc.

Monroe is looking for a max contract. In no way is he worth that IMO.

I can keep going down the list if you want.
Slightly skewed because Millsap's in the second year of that $19M deal. He's underpaid and undervalued, no denying that. FTR, Utah offered him the max available 2 years ago (3/$25M). Why is that relevant? Because after this season, he's going to receive a monster contract at 29-years-old.

Indulge me further and please continue.

man im just tired of trading away the SECOND we get somewhat valuable pieces. I would love monroe or any other big man on this team but that trading **** still hurt... i miss u ill will :frown:

My thing is....Monroe is young...yes. But how is that a benefit to our team? We're in win now mode. Only have 4 years left with Phil & Melo.

The whole league is in win now mode. Look at all the recent champs....Miami, San Antonio, Dallas, LA...all teams constructed around in their prime vets. Bron just forced out young Wiggins and his limitless potential in favor of the proven Love. He knows what it takes to win immediately.

Monroe is a good player but I just don't see how he fits into the scheme of things in NY and what would make him worth the salary that he's looking for.

He has none of the athleticism that comes with his age and all of the developmental issues (experience and skills wise).

If we are going to go with a young developing PF type, might as well take a look at:
Tristan Thompson
Terrence Jones
Thad Young
Kenneth Faried
etc.
(All making under 10 mill and have comparable numbers)

We can go at proven players in their prime like:
Taj Gibson
Paul Millsap
etc.
(Under 10 mill)

For the low we can roll the dice on a:
Jeff Green
Jared Sullinger
etc.

Hell Ibaka and Horford are far superior players and they only make 12 mill, less than what Monroe is going to be signed for.

We could look at David West.

We can draft a Kelly Olynyk or a pure center like Plumlee next summer

Monroe is not LaMarcus but he is going to get close to LA $.

- What we need is a lock down perimeter defender which, we're hoping Shump can be.

- We need a knock down 3 point shooter, which JR will have to play for now.

- We need another bonafide star to play the Kobe/Pippen to Melo's Jordan.

- A ferocious rebounder.

- A brute roll playing Center in the paint.

Monroe clicks off none of those boxes. I'm tired of seeing us be the team that overpays for unworthy talent. He's not a max player but he's looking for max money or close to it.

I'd rather pay a mediocre but solid 7 footer like Plumee 3 mill and an active all arounder like Faried 9, than drop 15 on Monroe.

The possibilities are endless but I just don't see Monroe's skillset being worth the price tag for our particular team.

Last edited:
I get what your saying, but Monroe would be the post facilitator/low post big man that works well within the Triangle, similar to Gasol. Saying he wouldn't have a role at all is just false. He's a very good passing big man.

You do have a good point when it comes to teams in win now mode. They often go for vets. But lets not forget Bron also has a younger guy in Kyrie next too him along with several role players like Thompson and Waiters. Miami also had Cole and Chalmers providing a contribution. Whoever fits the plan regardless of age should be a target in my opinion. San Antonio had both Danny Green and Kawhi...some semblance of youth would not kill that plan at all.

Last edited:
And Thad young is in Minny.

Taj is going to want a huge contract to leave chi. And the others, just do some research

He instantly got put in the backseat for Drummond.

He's not even the man on his own team. :lol:

With all the pieces and flexibility that we now have we can easily get a 10-13 pick and draft our own Drummond next summer.

Monroe is good he's just not at least $15 mill of our precious salary cap good IMO. We'd be paying for his potential upside when we need that experience now.

I don't see him as the bonafide star #2 or the rock of a big man that we need. He's not either Gasol.

I'm not against getting him if we can do it for the low without jeopardizing our future.

Are y'all willing to hang our future on a Melo/Monroe duo fam?

Cause if they fail, that's it for us. We'll be back to the Shandon Anderson years until we are in our 40's :lol:

Look at what we have to go up against in Cleveland. I just don't see him being the answer.

He's gonna be getting outplayed by Love, Bosh, Millsap, Horford, Ibaka, Dwight, Blake, DeAndre, LaMarcus, Gasol, etc. etc. but he's gonna be getting paid in the same league as them.

Signing Monroe is a potential trap in the making.

But we can agree to disagree on this one.

Last edited:
My thing is....Monroe is young...yes. But how is that a benefit to our team? We're in win now mode. Only have 4 years left with Phil & Melo.

The whole league is in win now mode. Look at all the recent champs....Miami, San Antonio, Dallas, LA...all teams constructed around in their prime vets. Bron just forced out young Wiggins and his limitless potential in favor of the proven Love. He knows what it takes to win immediately.

Monroe is a good player but I just don't see how he fits into the scheme of things in NY and what would make him worth the salary that he's looking for.

He has none of the athleticism that comes with his age and all of the developmental issues (experience and skills wise).

If we are going to go with a young developing PF type, might as well take a look at:
Tristan Thompson
Terrence Jones
Thad Young
Kenneth Faried
etc.
(All making under 10 mill and have comparable numbers)

We can go at proven players in their prime like:
Taj Gibson
Paul Millsap
etc.
(Under 10 mill)

For the low we can roll the dice on a:
Jeff Green
Jared Sullinger
etc.

Hell Ibaka and Horford are far superior players and they only make 12 mill, less than what Monroe is going to be signed for.

We could look at David West.

We can draft a Kelly Olynyk or a pure center like Plumlee next summer

Monroe is not LaMarcus but he is going to get close to LA $.

- What we need is a lock down perimeter defender which, we're hoping Shump can be.

- We need a knock down 3 point shooter, which JR will have to play for now.

- We need another bonafide star to play the Kobe/Pippen to Melo's Jordan.

- A ferocious rebounder.

- A brute roll playing Center in the paint.

Monroe clicks off none of those boxes. I'm tired of seeing us be the team that overpays for unworthy talent. He's not a max player but he's looking for max money or close to it.

I'd rather pay a mediocre but solid 7 footer like Plumee 3 mill and an active all arounder like Faried 9, than drop 15 on Monroe.

The possibilities are endless but I just don't see Monroe's skillset being worth the price tag for our particular team.
If you say cheaper, younger alternatives...that's fine. But don't say better. I feel you're using that too loosely in this debate.

Thompson will never have the same offensive savvy as Monroe does around the basket. Plus Thompson's passing ability is not even on the same level. Is Phil's offensive system not predicated moderately on bigs that can share the ball seamlessly? Like Gasol and Bynum in their primes most recently during the LA runs.

No one big-ups Jones more than I do, but you can even ask Rockets fans...he's been bullied by Western Conference 4's. Decent with help-side defense but needs to be better, stronger on-the-ball with his D. Terrence Jones also doesn't rebound like Monroe.

Thad took 4 more shots per game than Monroe last season, some ill-advised. Once again, doesn't get boards like Monroe. Jones and Young are more hybrid or stretch PF's than the purer (burly) form Monroe represents.

Faried is the closest option you listed at the top. He had some growing pains under Shaw, but we all can agree Faried is a player that is close to maxing out his potential. He's a hustle, energy guy. Is he the most talented or gifted with a super ceiling? No. If I'm not picking, he's not a good or great passer either.

Quickly, you're not getting Millsap for under $10M-per after his contract expires this coming season. That much I guarantee you. Good luck prying Gibson from Chicago, he's nearly untouchable at the United Center.

Sully is a poor man's Millsap. You want a cheap alternative to Monroe? Sure, I'll buy that. Green is a dude that goes for 40 points randomly one night then averages 8 PPG the next ten games.

I would assume if you can place the proper big man next to him (Ironically enough I think Drummond should actually make up for Monroe's deficiencies as a rim protector) then it would be worth it. I can understand why y'all are questioning the move based on value but when it comes to skill set, age and potential I think he's the closest we get as a big man aside from Gasol.

I would assume if you can place the proper big man next to him (Ironically enough I think Drummond should actually make up for Monroe's deficiencies as a rim protector) then it would be worth it. I can understand why y'all are questioning the move based on value but when it comes to skill set, age and potential I think he's the closest we get as a big man aside from Gasol.

Y'all may be right.

I'm just hoping that we can get another proven top tier player like Gasol/LA/KD and fill in the roster with cheap vets and 1st/2nd year talent.

I see too many holes in Monroe's game that won't improve with experience, that might leave us disappointed.

Last edited:
Would rather keep our assets and hope the grizz have a bad season and we land Marc Gasol in FA without giving up any assets
Yup.

Honestly, Marc Gasol just makes too much ******* sense. That really is the ideal move for this team next season. Unfortunately, it's a pipe dream at this point so all you can hope for is some out of left field **** to happen in Memphis since they love him like a son there. Maybe their doofus owner can screw it up somehow.

I never really gave too many thoughts to Monroe... I'd take him if the price is right or as a 3rd option.. but I'm not excited about locking into a Melo/Monroe duo :lol:

Marc Gasol would be great... I mean.. other than some absurd scenario where Russy demands a trade to NYC :pimp: :lol:

Just came back from sin city this **** was amazing fake ***** and real ***** definitely feel different but both goty **** super hard team nyk summit this Friday please

Back
Top Bottom