Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
How could have we regressed this much....Cant these guys just get it already....how you go from a 2 seed to 3-9 staring at 3-13 in the face in the matter of months is mind boggling to me.

Less threes being taken/made
no defense
Ray and Tyson are hurt

I just realized aside from melo and Tyson on pick n rolls, no one on our team knows how to move without the ball.  that's the biggest problem with our offense, they like watching melo more than we do

we're too good to be 3-10. If this keeps up, Woodson will be let go before the all-star break.

"New York entered play Monday night allowing point guards to score an average of 21 points per game"

Also why wasn't Woody given Toure Murry any mins??
:smh:

I always see complaints about lack of ball movement. It's a valid complaint, but before you can have ball movement you have to have off the ball movement. That is a bigger issue if you ask me. I've never seen a team with so many players determined to do as little as possible to get open. Can't swing the ball because they're covered. They're covered because they aren't moving. No one cuts. No one sets back picks. No one rotates over. Teams surely get excited to defend us. All you have to do is help off on Melo and return to your man if by some miracle he passes b/c your man will be exactly where you left him. No slashing, all spot up shooting. Check the vid posted a few pages back on what's wrong with the Knicks and tell me how many people you see moving other than the PnR or ballhandler.

i mean off ball movement also depends on what sets are run. We literally run nothing outside of getting Melo and Bargs the ball.

I just realized aside from melo and Tyson on pick n rolls, no one on our team knows how to move without the ball.  that's the biggest problem with our offense, they like watching melo more than we do
Didn't even see this. Absolutely agree, but it's not just Melo they're watching. They do it when Melo doesn't have the ball too. It's like we're coaching everyone to be Novak. We have guys who can shoot but if you aren't an elite spot up shooter, and most of our guys aren't, you need to be on the move.

Last edited:
i mean off ball movement also depends on what sets are run. We literally run nothing outside of getting Melo and Bargs the ball.
Lol @ sets being run. Where? Not us. We got a team full of Shane Battiers picking spots to camp out on the arch smh. You don't need to have a play called to move your body. Set a screen for someone other than the ball handler. Cut to the basket. Anything but sitting there waiting to chuck up contested jumpers.

Lol @ sets being run. Where? Not us. We got a team full of Shane Battiers picking spots to camp out on the arch smh. You don't need to have a play called to move your body. Set a screen for someone other than the ball handler. Cut to the basket. Anything but sitting there waiting to chuck up contested jumpers.

Thats what i'm saying, we dont run sets. Look at the Spurs they constantly run motion. Thats why players are always moving without the ball. Getting defenses confused. Moving without the ball for the Spurs is part of their half court sets.

The only thing we run is getting Melo and Bargs open. Once they get open they either put the shot up right away or hold the ball for iso. Plus Melo doesn't get double teamed any more so forget about cutting to the basket.

When players in this offense move without the ball they run into other players and destroy any spacing we ever had.

Melo doesn't pass the ball NOT because we dont move without the ball, but because he doesn't trust anyone on this team.

This team is just legit ******ed. Very very low IQ.

Last edited:
The ball doesnt move when Melo is off the floor either.

You are correct sir.

Question for the room....

Who passes the ball more, Kobe or Carmelo?

Kobe isnt known for passing either.

Im not saying Melo is better than Kobe. Im saying the 2 players have very similar styles.

Trading Melo is not the answer. Our point guards need to pass better. Our rebounding, passing and defense suck.

Melo is leading the team in points and rebounds. What else does he have to do?

For a player like Melo and Kobe, passing has everything to do with trust. Melo doesn't trust anyone on this team to put the ball into the hoop.

For a player like Melo and Kobe, passing has everything to do with trust. Melo doesn't trust anyone on this team to put the ball into the hoop.
This is true. I can't say that I blame him even though I get on him about passing just as much as anybody. But what Melo has to do is find a way to adjust his game. I heard Lupica on the radio say this while referring to Brent Barry. He's right about that though. I know Melo gets points and rebounds, and that looks good but it's not affecting the W column. He has to adjust his game in SOME way.

Dolan boots Woody Allen from VIP at Knicks games. No dambs given at all 
laugh.gif

We can't trade Carmelo. They broke it down on the radio. We wouldn't get anything for him unless he stated that he planned on staying. It's pointless. I also think the people that want to trade him are crazy. You will regret that if he leaves

Back
Top Bottom