Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
The people saying to trade Melo for picks, Do you really think we going to get anyone in the draft who will be better then Melo? Come on man :smh:

Something does need to happen though, whether it's try and change the Coach or maybe even think about taking a loss on Shump and JR for picks,

We are shot and looking at our next few games, I actually cannot see us winning one until Orlando on December 6 unless we can beat the Nets in BK who thankfully are as bad as us

Next few games:

@ Clippers (Tonight) - L
@ Denver (Friday) - L
vs Pelicans (Sunday) - L
@ Nets (Thursday 5th) - Could go either way
vs Magic (Friday 6) - W

Honestly if we lose to the clips which is most likely going to happen, Melo, JR, and Kenyon will be beyond embarrassed to make it 8 straight Ls in Denver so if it comes to that I can see them pulling that W

Couple things.

1. Woodson has to go. Thats pretty much the bottom line. He's a good motivator and he stresses defense (eventhough his perimeter switching is a killer) but he has no real offensive strategy. We were running on the fumes of d _'Antoni's offense last season cause we had the personnel to do it (a top 5 PG, motivated Felton, Prigs) but this year it's evident that we are winging it on the offense, not a good look with a team that lacks confidence.

2. Prigioni needs to be our starting PG and get a bulk of the minutes at the 1. He's the only one that has the skillset to run a team and manage tempo.

3. Our SGs need to wake up. JR and Shump are doing absolutely nothing right now and that's why we can't get over the hump. We need them to start slashing and collapsing defenses. They need to hit their open shots too. Both of them are in serious funks and need to snap out of it.

4. Melo and STAT could still work. Especially when Tyson isn't on the floor. Matter of fact, Melo, STAT and Bargs is a dangerous frontcourt. Saw a play against the Pacers, where Melo swung it out of the post to Bargs behind the arc and Bargs feed it to STAT in the post on the other side of the floor for an easy basket. We need more plays like that. We need any kind of drawn up plays.

5. Carmelo is doing everything he can on the floor to help his team. Scoring, rebounding passing and defense. He's looking like Kobe with the trash rosters in the Post-Shaq years. Melo's being asked to do too much as a matter of fact. Against Portland he had to bring up the ball and attempt to slash into the paint to make things happen. Thats not his game.

6. Moreso than ball movement, we need player movement. No one knows where to go when the team comes down the floor and it leads to constant isolation plays that are easy to defend. We need an offensive identity, some reliable plays and player movement. The ball movement will come naturally after that.

We look real bad right now and need to get it together.

We're not the best team in the league but we're better than this.

Last edited:
The people saying to trade Melo for picks, Do you really think we going to get anyone in the draft who will be better then Melo? Come on man :smh:

Something does need to happen though, whether it's try and change the Coach or maybe even think about taking a loss on Shump and JR for picks,

We are shot and looking at our next few games, I actually cannot see us winning one until Orlando on December 6 unless we can beat the Nets in BK who thankfully are as bad as us

Next few games:

@ Clippers (Tonight) - L
@ Denver (Friday) - L
vs Pelicans (Sunday) - L
@ Nets (Thursday 5th) - Could go either way
vs Magic (Friday 6) - W

Yep. Going to the game vs Boston on 12/8 which could go either way, too.

Dec. 5 is 4 weeks since Tyson's injury...any timetable for his return?

Woodson saying he'll talk to Iman in LA. **** you. I'm done with his BS.

I wouldn't mind letting Toure start. I don't even know how to spell his name. I don't like Beno.

Amar'e on what he thinks is the teams biggest issue:

“Move the ball. Start playing with one another. Until we figure that part out, there are going to be a lot of nights like this.”

“It’s hard for any player to get into a good rhythm when the ball don’t move. I’ve been playing my entire career where the ball moves and everybody end up having a career year. When the ball don’t move, guys can’t get into a rhythm. They don’t touch the ball often enough to get into a rhythm, and it makes it tough for the rest of the teammates to have fun out there. Right now, we’re not having fun. The ball’s not moving. The way we’re playing, one pass, one shot. Teams that move the ball wins, teams that don’t lose. It’s pretty simple.

“My frustration level is at an all-time high at this point. I worked my butt off to get in top shape to be able to compete at a high level. To work that hard and to be losing at this point, it’s not a great feeling.”

Word dudes Wylin thinking wiggins, Parker or anyone else from that draft is gonna be better scorer than melo, but I'm all for trading j.r smith in the worst environment ever so his career can go down the drain in, dude is a BUM and care more about the NY club scene than ballin

Last edited:
Amar'e on what he thinks is the teams biggest issue:

“Move the ball. Start playing with one another. Until we figure that part out, there are going to be a lot of nights like this.”

“It’s hard for any player to get into a good rhythm when the ball don’t move. I’ve been playing my entire career where the ball moves and everybody end up having a career year. When the ball don’t move, guys can’t get into a rhythm. They don’t touch the ball often enough to get into a rhythm, and it makes it tough for the rest of the teammates to have fun out there. Right now, we’re not having fun. The ball’s not moving. The way we’re playing, one pass, one shot. Teams that move the ball wins, teams that don’t lose. It’s pretty simple.

“My frustration level is at an all-time high at this point. I worked my butt off to get in top shape to be able to compete at a high level. To work that hard and to be losing at this point, it’s not a great feeling.”

Translation "Playing with Melo sucks, bro."

Seems like we can go on forever about the issues with this team

But another one I'll have if it doesn't change is not running pick and roll with Pablo and Stat since both come off the bench anyways and Amares been looking better.

This dude Ron has been part of the problem with the second unit. He's like an out of control tornado that forms into a black hole.

Shump is struggling bc he no longer fits not into the system but into the knicks future plans. I still think you can use shump as a building block to a great team.

Melo and amare experiment was done once melo came to NY and got the ball. Lebron can make players better by his passing, kobe makes players better thru his ability to make them understand the game. How does melo make players better? He plays one-on-five, this guy is the dude at the gym that takes all the shots scores a lot of points and your team still loses. Your gonna get tight and be like either pass the damn ball, try to run with another team, or be done for the day.

DEFENSE is the key to winning, knicks havent played defense since oakley was in uniform. Chandler is a good defender but come on man you cant let your man pass you and be like chandler is gonna help.

PG is something the knicks havent had since derek harper. He was a leader floor general, kidd is that but 1 season isnt enough.

Shump seems like he spent no time whatsoever, working on his handle, driving and finishing.

Plus he's all messed up in the head from the Knicks jerking him around. (pause)

JR is a fool. Dude plays ball but doesn't know how to play BB. Woody lets him stay out there doing stupid stuff and it kills the team. If Woody had an actual offense it could limit the opportunity for JR to have the ball and make a dumb play with it.

JR should only be put in position to catch and shoot, not handle the ball and try to make decisions with it.

There's no ball movement once Amare gets the ball.

There's no ball movement once Carmelo gets the ball.

Shump looks scared to play. He'll respond better to a different coach.

Shump should be getting 30 minutes a night and developing into a solid player, but that isn't happening. Woodson is a moron, it's pretty evident. The dude was fired in ATL for not running an offense and he's gonna get the boot again because of that issue. There's no ball movement whatsoever on the court. There aren't guys setting screens on the weak side, moving without the ball, curling off of screens, there's nothing. This team doesn't have a coach. All this team is, is give Melo and JR the ball and watch them get booed.

There's no ball movement once Amare gets the ball.

There's no ball movement once Carmelo gets the ball.

Shump looks scared to play. He'll respond better to a different coach.

Amare knows if he passes the ball he isnt going to get it again so he is shooting or trying to shoot

Yes. Think long term.

Example Scenario:

You can get 2 lotto picks for Melo. Trade pick #1 + JR + Amare for Rondo. Use pick #2 to draft a stud.

Pros: Frees up cap space to pursue pieces in FA, lands us a franchise PG that makes everyone better, lands us a stud in the draft
Cons: We draft a bust

Last edited:
How could have we regressed this much....Cant these guys just get it already....how you go from a 2 seed to 3-9 staring at 3-13 in the face in the matter of months is mind boggling to me.

Back
Top Bottom