• B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
:lol:

At the end of the day my opinion of Melo is that he is a top 5 player in the league that doesn't have leadership qualities to take a team to the promise land. He needs a guy to differ to when it comes to leading a team. He can carry any team offensively.

My main reason for wanting to trade Melo is cause he's really the only player that can return the kind of value that can help us start over in the right direction, possibly bring back draft picks, expirings, or young talent. You see what kind of respect we are getting for Shumpert packages? Let's face it, this team as is can Not compete for championship if Iso Woodson is gonna remain the coach, hell I don't know is this roster could succeed with Phil coaching.

I really hope Amare can continue playing this way and can gain enough confidence to become the leader once again, cause I think he has a better shot at being a leading voice in the locker room and on court then Melo. He's been looking great! :pimp:

Thankfully, the East is as bad as I could ever remember and we are still in position to get a playoff spot in the East as teams like The Hawks, Sixers, Magic etc. are falling back to earth and becoming the teams that we thought they'd be.

We need Chandler ASAP as well. I just hope guys don't slack or revert back to relying on Chandler to do all the dirty work on defense when he gets back. If guys can continue with the effort they are giving now when he get back we could get back to where we were last year on defense.

Kenyon has got to get healthy also, he's vital.

J.R. :smh:

Good win tho.

was out all day around nyc in the snow, so i missed the game

this happened like twice before where i missed the game and the knicks won. maybe i should do this more often

catching the replay on msg right now

prigioni is a godamn professional

a few pics from around town earlier

4q3hnr.jpg
28ulk4g.jpg

2dig56a.jpg
pn9cl.jpg

:lol:

At the end of the day my opinion of Melo is that he is a top 5 player in the league that doesn't have leadership qualities to take a team to the promise land. He needs a guy to differ to when it comes to leading a team. He can carry any team offensively.

My main reason for wanting to trade Melo is cause he's really the only player that can return the kind of value that can help us start over in the right direction, possibly bring back draft picks, expirings, or young talent. You see what kind of respect we are getting for Shumpert packages? Let's face it, this team as is can Not compete for championship if Iso Woodson is gonna remain the coach, hell I don't know is this roster could succeed with Phil coaching.

I really hope Amare can continue playing this way and can gain enough confidence to become the leader once again, cause I think he has a better shot at being a leading voice in the locker room and on court then Melo. He's been looking great! :pimp:

Thankfully, the East is as bad as I could ever remember and we are still in position to get a playoff spot in the East as teams like The Hawks, Sixers, Magic etc. are falling back to earth and becoming the teams that we thought they'd be.

We need Chandler ASAP as well. I just hope guys don't slack or revert back to relying on Chandler to do all the dirty work on defense when he gets back. If guys can continue with the effort they are giving now when he get back we could get back to where we were last year on defense.

Kenyon has got to get healthy also, he's vital.

J.R. :smh:

Good win tho.

If you were to commit to a rebuild you would have to consider that, since he is the best asset.  What if you could get a top 6 lottery pick next year (just hypothetically)?

Right now, if the Knicks were halfway competent and had a decent history of trading players I'd be fine with a firesale.

We clearly need to start over and rebuild the right way. I'm sick of the rebuilding on the fly we've been doing. It hasn't worked yet.

I don't think it's possible for us to build through the draft. We have too much negative media, too many distractions in NY, IG and twitter groupies and critics/haters, too much pressure, etc.

We've built a pretty solid model for the future of managing cap space and signing free agents, we just have to keep our picks, which we should do now that there isn't a CBA+Melo to hold us hostage, and we don't need to make salary cap dumps.

i know it's not even 2 months into THJR's career, but I'd like to see a poll of who we think the better pro will be, Hardaway or Shump.

We keep reading about how highly GMs rate Shump, but Hardaway is the goods.

That stroke is smooth, and like I've been saying, he just looks like a natural with his split second decisions and in the open floor.

Also, we've been seeing a lot lately how well these players turn out that had fathers in the league in reaching their potential.

Last edited:
I don't think it's possible for us to build through the draft. We have too much negative media, too many distractions in NY, IG and twitter groupies and critics/haters, too much pressure, etc.

We've built a pretty solid model for the future of managing cap space and signing free agents, we just have to keep our picks, which we should do now that there isn't a CBA+Melo to hold us hostage, and we don't need to make salary cap dumps.
I don't agree with you.  I think the only thing preventing it is Dolan.  

Also, solid model?  C'mon.  It's not like the "win-now" model has led to much actual winning.  

I would go so far as to say it's damn near impossible for a team to become elite in the NBA without hitting big in the draft.  Maybe today's Rockets could be the only exception if they reach their potential.

I also said this a while back and Alan Hahn brought it up last night, JRs gotta go in the dog house. I think what can get Shump right is consistently playing 35/40 mins a night instead of these ******ed unpredictable rotations Woodson has.

that's such a crappy article by broussard

lakers got less tradeable players than the knicks

gasol for chandler. yeah, right

I don't agree with you.  I think the only thing preventing it is Dolan.  

Also, solid model?  C'mon.  It's not like the "win-now" model has led to much actual winning.  

I would go so far as to say it's damn near impossible for a team to become elite in the NBA without hitting big in the draft.  Maybe today's Rockets could be the only exception if they reach their potential.

It actually is a solid model had we retained our picks. We've just been unlucky having $20 mil in the trainers room instead of the court in Amare these past years. Also should have stuck with the OG plan of waiting for CP3.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom