Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
It actually is a solid model had we retained our picks. We've just been unlucky having $20 mil in the trainers room instead of the court in Amare these past years. Also should have stuck with the OG plan of waiting for CP3.
I agree.  But retaining draft picks and being patient would be a different model entirely.

we cant trade anyone we have to see the potential and ride with this squad 100% healthy and win the chip for dolan

On the subject of Melo, I don't think people are realizing what we have in him.

There is no need to trade a top 10 talent for draft picks.

We have him, flaws and all, now lets put a coaching staff and players around him that will make it work.

He brought us our first 50 win season in 13 years, won the scoring title and if we had a competent coach, healthy roster, unsuspended JR I think we would've beat that Pacers and competed with the Heat in the ECF last season.

Melo = Nowitzki. Put the right pieces around him and you have a championship contender every season. There's only a handful of players that you can say that about.

We are good at the starting Center position, Tyson is a perfect compliment to him but we need a good backup C.

More than anything we need a PG! Who was our last truly good PG?....Mark Jackson?! Sheesh. This is a PG town, give us our floor general and we will instantly have an identity.

Kemba would be perfect imo, Rondo would be good too.

We also need a capable defender, slasher and shooter at the 2....Shump fits the bill but I don't know what the hell is wrong with him. I've been big on his talent but he's at the end of the rope now. He might have to be traded if he the bright lights of MSG are too much for him or he's just soured on the the team that much.

Lastly, put a bruising rebounding and defending JJ Hickson type power forward alongside Melo and we will give Miami a run for their money with the good coach.

Knicks coach Mike Woodson, J.R. Smith get into heated exchange before one-shot night

J.R. Smith’s self-imposed freeze-out during Friday’s loss to the Boston Celtics came one day after the guard and head coach Mike Woodson exchanged heated words following Wednesday’s win over the Chicago Bulls, the Daily News has learned.
According to a team source, Woodson admonished Smith for poor shot selection during the Bulls game and then became upset over something Smith said on the bench. Woodson waited until after the game to express his disappointment with Smith’s attitude and reminded the volatile shooting guard that he’s been his strongest advocate for the past two seasons.
“Mike said that after all I’ve done for you I can’t have you talking back to me like that,” the source claimed. The same source added that Smith made a lewd comment that angered Woodson.
During Thursday’s practice, Woodson used the game film from the win over the Bulls to demonstrate moments when Smith forced shots when he could have passed. Smith’s response to Woodson’s coaching lesson was to attempt one shot in 27 minutes against the Boston Celtics.
Saturday night, Smith scored two points, making just one shot on eight attempts in 24 minutes, and appeared to be benched in the fourth quarter of a 111-106 win over the Hawks at the Garden.
RELATED: LAWRENCE: DOLAN SOLO ACT MAY RUIN SHOW
Entering Friday, Smith was averaging 11.6 shots per game over 16 games. Smith’s first and only shot attempt against the Celtics came in the fourth quarter when the Knicks were outscored 22-13. Smith, the Knicks’ third-leading scorer, finished with just three points.
When asked about Smith taking just one shot, Woodson told reporters, “I don’t know what that’s about.”
On Saturday, J.R. Smith only scores two points against the Hawks.
HOWARD SIMMONS/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

On Saturday, J.R. Smith only scores two points against the Hawks.

For his part, Smith insisted that he was trying to be a playmaker, not a troublemaker. In fact, Smith made it sound as if he was simply following Woodson’s orders.
“I was going into the game trying to make opportunities for my teammates to excel,” he said. “We need playmakers, more than just scorers. My job is to get my teammates the easiest buckets we can and we’re not getting those, so I take it upon myself to sacrifice my shot to get the other guys going. And it might not be the right way, it might be the right way, I don’t know.”
Smith acknowledged that it’s uncommon for him to take just one shot. When asked if that had ever happened before, Smith replied: “Uh . . . nah. I don’t think so.”
RELATED: MELO GOES OFF WHILE J.R. SEES BENCH IN KNICKS' WIN OVER HAWKS
Smith, the NBA’s reigning Sixth Man of the Year, has yet to regain his form after having knee surgery in July. He was also suspended for the first five games of the season for violating the NBA’s drug policy. Physically, Smith isn’t close to being where he was last season and his frustration surfaced on Wednesday.
Smith and Woodson have had a love-hate relationship similar to the one Jeff Van Gundy shared with John Starks. Van Gundy would be brutally honest with Starks, who normally responded to Van Gundy’s demands by cursing under his breath and leaving everything he had on the floor. Under Van Gundy, Starks was named Sixth Man of the Year in 1996-97.
Smith became Woodson’s pet project two years ago, starting with the head coach demanding that the guard not wear sagging pants to work. This year, their relationship is being tested amid all the losing and the prospect of Woodson being in danger of being replaced.
Two weeks ago, Woodson responded to Smith’s claim that it’s time to push the panic button by joking that he needed to punch Smith in the mouth. Behind the scenes, Woodson was not happy with Smith’s “panic button” comment, which may be the reason Smith conveniently repeated the line after Friday’s loss.
When asked about J.R. Smith taking just one shot against C's, Mike Woodson tells reporters, 'I don’t know what that’s about.'
HOWARD SIMMONS/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

When asked about J.R. Smith taking just one shot against C's, Mike Woodson tells reporters, 'I don’t know what that’s about.'

“My panic button has been on,” Smith said.
RELATED: KNICKS INSIDER: K-MART OUT INDEFINITELY WITH ABDOMINAL STRAIN
There is a feeling that Smith’s relationship with Woodson changed in October when the head coach admitted to reporters that Chris Smith’s chances of making the roster were enhanced by being J.R.’s younger brother.
Woodson wanted to add an established veteran to the roster as opposed to the younger Smith, who is currently on the Knicks’ roster but playing for Erie of the D-League.
Woodson’s comments only fueled the notion that J.R. Smith’s decision to re-sign last summer included a handshake agreement that Chris would also make the team. It also put Chris Smith in an awkward position of defending his place on the team to fans, media and even opposing players.
J.R. Smith seems to have been affected the most by the departures of veterans Jason Kidd, Rasheed Wallace, Kurt Thomas and Marcus Camby. Last month, he cited the Knicks’ lack of leadership as a troubling issue.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ne-shot-night-article-1.1548120#ixzz2nYkodCw4

On the subject of Melo, I don't think people are realizing what we have in him.

There is no need to trade a top 10 talent for draft picks.

We have him, flaws and all, now lets put a coaching staff and players around him that will make it work.

He brought us our first 50 win season in 13 years, won the scoring title and if we had a competent coach, healthy roster, unsuspended JR I think we would've beat that Pacers and competed with the Heat in the ECF last season.

Melo = Nowitzki. Put the right pieces around him and you have a championship contender every season. There's only a handful of players that you can say that about.

We are good at the starting Center position, Tyson is a perfect compliment to him but we need a good backup C.

More than anything we need a PG! Who was our last truly good PG?....Mark Jackson?! Sheesh. This is a PG town, give us our floor general and we will instantly have an identity.

Kemba would be perfect imo, Rondo would be good too.

We also need a capable defender, slasher and shooter at the 2....Shump fits the bill but I don't know what the hell is wrong with him. I've been big on his talent but he's at the end of the rope now. He might have to be traded if he the bright lights of MSG are too much for him or he's just soured on the the team that much.

Lastly, put a bruising rebounding and defending JJ Hickson type power forward alongside Melo and we will give Miami a run for their money with the good coach.
Great post

Not sure if Chandler is the PERFECT compliment to Melo, but they do play very well

Chandler clogs the paint when Melo drives essentially allowing Chandler's man to leave him and contest Melo at the rim  i.e. everytime we play the Pacers.

The Lakers recently called the Knicks to express their interest in Iman Shumpert, according to sources close to the situation.

JR Smith needs to elbow Jason Terry in the face the first chance he gets so he can undo whatever sorcery was done that night. He hasn't played 6th man of the year basketball since.

J.R. Smith shooing 33% from the floor, 33% on 3's, and 65% on FT's

Tim Hardaway Jr shooting 46% from the floor, 42% on 3's, and 84% on FT's

For real though JR owes a lot to Woodson who still favors him. He has no right to lash out at him, especially with his absolutely poor performance.

everyone of those trades on the last page are ******g terrible.  but again, why do u guys wait till we actually win to post that ********?

I don't think it's possible for us to build through the draft. We have too much negative media, too many distractions in NY, IG and twitter groupies and critics/haters, too much pressure, etc.

We've built a pretty solid model for the future of managing cap space and signing free agents, we just have to keep our picks, which we should do now that there isn't a CBA+Melo to hold us hostage, and we don't need to make salary cap dumps.

That's just Dolan newspeak.

They're gonna have to do a lot more than win a game against the Hawks for some positivity to be going around, man. This season has been terrible.:x

@MySportsLegion: Lakers have discussed the possibility of offering Pau Gasol to the Knicks for Tyson Chandler.

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom