Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
JR should be a third option. When he's your No. 2 you have trouble. If Shump can step up and be a consistent 15+ PPG scorer this team will be fine.

get that value up Shump so we can trade you for Rondo :pimp:

JK

Not really :nerd:

Last edited:
no amare isnt considering retirement especially with that contract... i was just adding to the discussion here... and after seeing a small sample yesterday i am excited for the regular season... i was already hyped up but to see the potential of this squad coming full circle you can see we are definitely better than last year... besides the common question who will be the second option after melo i think the bigger concern is rebounding...if the rebounding issue is taken care of and "if" everyone is healthy i like our chances for this year

and im over getting rondo... sure it would be nice to have a star PG but when was the last time a team won a chip with a star PG? it doesnt happen often and is not necessary

Last edited:
I don't think the fact that Stat's contract is uninsured has anything to do with getting the money back. If he retires, he retires no? or if he retires because of injury the knicks are still on the hook?

still my favorite player.

the only question is can jr and tim jr play together because thats the only players on the bench besides amare that can put up double digits consistently

No one excited about Bargs potential?

I think him and Melo can wreak havoc and defenses, playing off of each other.

pablo>rondo

professional basketball players should be able to knock down jumpers when given 10 feet of space
I like pablo, but you cant be serious here. Rondos jumper has gotten better (its still not great) each passing season. Plus Rondo can make those layups or dish it to the big man under the basket better than Pablo
I'd rather have Rondo than Pablo.

the only question is can jr and tim jr play together because thats the only players on the bench besides amare that can put up double digits consistently

We havent seen Bargnani yet, but I think Bargnani, Shump, STAT and Artest can def score atleast 10 every night.

You guys do realize that last nights game was a pre-season exhibition game, right?

I'd be shocked if Tim Hardaway Jr can put up 15-18 points a night against real competition when it matters. Dude has a partially guaranteed contract. He's going to be in the D-league for periodically this year. With Shumpert, JR and Felton--I don't think THJr will get much time to play. He'll be seeing Billy Walker/James White type of minutes.

My ? is who do you think JR would be able to bring back in a trade as far as big men... He's a steal at his value.

pablo>rondo

professional basketball players should be able to knock down jumpers when given 10 feet of space
Man, whut? 
laugh.gif

No. His durability is a serious question. And we know the history between orange and blue and durability all too well at this point 
mean.gif
My ? is who do you think JR would be able to bring back in a trade as far as big men... He's a steal at his value.
I think no one. His "on" game can excite you, BUT his "off" game is bad, like real bad 
laugh.gif
. Combine that with knucklehead tendencies and GM's will no doubt balk about giving something up of substance for him.

I think him and Melo can wreak havoc and defenses, playing off of each other.

Oh most def. Our squad is so deep and a lot of the players have more than 1 skill set, we could/should have different lineups depending on who our opponent is.

You guys do realize that last nights game was a pre-season exhibition game, right?

I'd be shocked if Tim Hardaway Jr can put up 15-18 points a night against real competition when it matters. Dude has a partially guaranteed contract. He's going to be in the D-league for periodically this year. With Shumpert, JR and Felton--I don't think THJr will get much time to play. He'll be seeing Billy Walker/James White type of minutes.

Lol hes not touching d league, hes good for 10-12 off the bench, he was def a steal

that Knicks bias :smh:

Seriously though THJ probably wont get more than 15 min a game in the regular season unless there is a injury or trade. I also highly doubt any trades will happen.

I am excited for the Melo and Bargs combo though. That spacing and chemistry last night looked real good with those two. I'm also pleased with the way Beno controlled that 2nd unit. Very underrated PG.

Last edited:
all i know is u give pablo 5 feet of space hes gonna knock it down.  do i wanna watch a pg who makes lazy defenders pay or someone who is gonna dribble around unguarded for 17 seconds?  

without a reliable jumpshot rondo would be a liability offensively since melo, jr, and shump all like to handle the ball and create.  im not stupid i know hes the better player than pablo but this team just doesnt have a need for him everything he excels at is already kinda covered on this team.

bottom line is we don't need him what we would lose from shump would outweigh what we gain from rondo.  but u guys are obsessed with "stars" and cant stop bringing him up.  same reason we're currently stuck with amare when we already had a pf who gave similar production and was better on the boards.  but yall werent trying to hear me back then either so what else is new

hardaway jr is a lock to be on the team. he might not get max playing time being a rookie and all, but no way he's seeing the d league

someone also mentioned jr being a third options - at first i was like no way especially since he's the second leading scorer on the team, but given the new members on the team, he might get pushed out in the long run

Its not about stars or needs.

Rondo INSTANTLY makes everyone around him better. He's a top 3 PG at strictly penetrating and passing. Look how far he got without a J.

No knock on Felton but he is who he is. We know what we'll get from him and most of the nights its average to good. Couple of 3s, one nice pass, a floater or 2. Pablo is the perfect back up PG.

Teams that won it all without a PG had a dominant player. We dont have any DOMINANT players (shaq, lebron, jordan etc).

Last edited:

all i know is u give pablo 5 feet of space hes gonna knock it down.  do i wanna watch a pg who makes lazy defenders pay or someone who is gonna dribble around unguarded for 17 seconds?  

without a reliable jumpshot rondo would be a liability offensively since melo, jr, and shump all like to handle the ball and create.  im not stupid i know hes the better player than pablo but this team just doesnt have a need for him everything he excels at is already kinda covered on this team.

bottom line is we don't need him what we would lose from shump would outweigh what we gain from rondo.  but u guys are obsessed with "stars" and cant stop bringing him up.  same reason we're currently stuck with amare when we already had a pf who gave similar production and was better on the boards.  but yall werent trying to hear me back then either so what else is new
I understand the love for Priggs, but you can't ignore this...

Rondo (27 years old)

'10 -'11:  10.6 (PPG)  11.2 (APG)  2.3 (SPG)   47.5 (FG%)

'11-'12:   11.9 (PPG)  11.7 (APG)  1.8 (SPG)   44.8 (FG%)

'12-'13:   13.7(PPG)   11.1 (APG)  1.8 (SPG)    48.4(FG%)

You would have Priggs over Rondo? Come on man. Rondo has more value than Shump imo. I'm not sure if you're serious with your statements man. 

I loved seeing TH sr. clapping and cheering for his kid last night. Must've been kiiling him to be rooting for the Knicks :lol:

Back
Top Bottom