Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
I too know what it feels like to have knee issues. I had a partially torn ACL and meniscus. It's hard and I'm not a pro athlete. So I understand that struggle too. I know Phil wants the challenge, I hope he realizes how deep the puddle is 
laugh.gif
. If Dolan stays out of his way and is true to what he said at the press conference, then there's hope. It would suck if he frustrates Phil by undermining any moves that he tries to make. I'm not even sure when the Knicks end this roll of giving away draft picks. They've been passing out their picks like Nino Brown since 1995 it seems 
mean.gif

Yea I feel Amare. I tore my ACL recently, I know how hard it is to get back in shape from a knee injury, let alone NBA shape. So I can't really be mad at him. I'm more mad at this overall roster. It's awful.

I might've torn my right ACL this past weekend when I went snowboarding. I'm terrified to get it checked out, because I've torn my left ACL twice before :smh:

Last edited:
Yea I feel Amare. I tore my ACL recently, I know how hard it is to get back in shape from a knee injury, let alone NBA shape. So I can't really be mad at him. I'm more mad at this overall roster. It's awful.

I might've torn my right ACL this past weekend when I went snowboarding. I'm terrified to get it checked out, because I've torn my left ACL twice before :smh:

Sheesh man. I tore my ACL & meniscus in the left knee all at once. Got surgery in January. I know that feeling of fear :lol:

In the end isn't that the point with the future of this franchise? Do you want to invest 5, 6 more years of Melo + trying to build a supporting cast when the 2 best players in the world for that time are younger, healthier and play the same position? We're past the point of blowing it up and we will head down that road...I'm just over it. Glass ceiling.

difficult especially when Melo has had shoulder issues the last two seasons down the stretch.

Knicks have some tough decisions to make.

nobody turned on amare it just so happened he was one of the biggest liabilities in the league in 2012 while being one of the highest paid.  these guys aren't my role models I don't have undying loyalty to them if someone is playing like **** I will say so. got absolutely no problems with him this year hes playing well and his defense has even been decent at times.  even last year he helped quite a bit.  melo played like **** the past 2 games shooting wise but guys like felton, jr, and tyson played like **** all around for the whole season.  don't get stuck in the moment.

melo may play a piss poor brand of basketball but to me that is what makes him more impressive considering what hes been able to accomplish in this league.  the best coach hes ever had was boeheim. his whole nba career he has practically not been coached and somehow has always made the playoffs.  maybe his luck ran out this year idk but someone who has done all that despite the disadvantages is someone I would definitely want to build around with the right pieces and is why I think phil will eventually have to pull a pat riley to truly get through to him.

nobody turned on amare it just so happened he was one of the biggest liabilities in the league in 2012 while being one of the highest paid.  these guys aren't my role models I don't have undying loyalty to them if someone is playing like **** I will say so. got absolutely no problems with him this year hes playing well and his defense has even been decent at times.  even last year he helped quite a bit.  melo played like **** the past 2 games shooting wise but guys like felton, jr, and tyson played like **** all around for the whole season.  don't get stuck in the moment.

melo may play a piss poor brand of basketball but to me that is what makes him more impressive considering what hes been able to accomplish in this league.  the best coach hes ever had was boeheim. his whole nba career he has practically not been coached and somehow has always made the playoffs.  maybe his luck ran out this year idk but someone who has done all that despite the disadvantages is someone I would definitely want to build around with the right pieces and is why I think phil will eventually have to pull a pat riley to truly get through to him.
Amar'e was a liability even  BEFORE signing with the Knicks though. His signing was a calculated risk. They knew what it was, but they were in such a bad place, they were willing to take that risk. It worked out to a degree and it was more of a chess move more than anything. Anyone who follows basketball knows Amar'e was going to break down again given his history. 

Melo doesn't play piss poor basketball. People need to adjust their expectations of him. I was in that category. He scores. End of story. It's management's job to fill in the blanks to complete the team that he's on. Whether it's a superstar to go with him or a supporting cast. Melo not coached his whole career? Wow, really? I guess George Karl was invisible that whole time huh? George Karl was so bad as a coach, he stopped JR from running completely wild on that team. Terrible coaching job by him. I think you flipped it around though. He wasn't willing to accept coaching form Karl, who NEEDED him to buy in on the defensive end in Denver. In my personal opinion, had he done that, they would have beaten the Lakers in the WCF, but he wasn't all in on the team's defensive scheme being their star player. Boeheim is a great coach but at the collegiate level Melo was so gifted one single player could win a ring. Not saying that happens all the time, but there are few with his skill set already at the collegiate level. When you think about it, his game hasn't changed much since then in terms of style. He's still a jumpshooter primarily, hasn't gotten worse offensively. The only thing he really stopped doing was using his quick first step. Remember when he had that?

I'm not a fan of Karl, but he was a solid coach and kept those Denver teams competitive with and without Melo.

I personally want to see Melo play without the ball more. That's one thing that bothers me about him. He doesn't score or move enough without the ball already in his hands. That's attributed to Sn's system or lack there of, but Melo does have isolation heavy tendencies. In the right system where there's motion and the help around him looks competent, I think he could be a more lethal scorer and statistical passer.

I'm not a fan of Karl, but he was a solid coach and kept those Denver teams competitive with and without Melo.

I personally want to see Melo play without the ball more. That's one thing that bothers me about him. He doesn't score or move enough without the ball already in his hands. That's attributed to Sn's system or lack there of, but Melo does have isolation heavy tendencies. In the right system where there's motion and the help around him looks competent, I think he could be a more lethal scorer and statistical passer.

A system like...... The triangle?

The reason why he doesn't move without the ball nearly as often is because he doesn't have the talent that allows him to do so. It only happened with Chauncey, flashes with Kidd last year, and of course the Dream Team where he just went absolute nuts. 

^^Lol^^ The last time I went to old Yankee Stadium, the Yankee fans were horrible to Blue Jays fan. I've heard crazy stories on how Yankee fans treat Red Sox fans in the Bronx.

I'll be at the new Yankee Stadium watching the Mets beat the Yankees in May. :pimp:

Last edited:
My own cousin roots for the Red Sox :x and he grew up a Yankees fan and lived on Jerome ave. Now he's a die hard :smh: :x

My own cousin roots for the Red Sox :x and he grew up a Yankees fan and lived on Jerome ave. Now he's a die hard :smh: :x
How does that even happen?

IDK, after they cut Bernie Williams and got sick of the Yankees being the "Evil Empire", He switched sides :smh: I still rag on him about that till this day..

I'd disown him but he's one of my closet cousins and he still roots for the Knicks :pimp:

That's his only flaw, nobody's perfect :lol:

Last edited:
IDK, after they cut Bernie Williams and got sick of the Yankees being the "Evil Empire", He switched sides :smh: I still rag on him about that till this day..

I'd disown him but he's one of my closet cousins and he still roots for the Knicks :pimp:

Is your cousin Dominican by any chance?

Most Red Sox fans I know that are from NY are Dominicans :lol:

Last edited:

Is your cousin Dominican by any chance?

Most Red Sox fans I know that are from NY are Dominicans :lol:

Yes, he's Dominican and so am I :lol: :pimp:

I knew it!

What's up with you guys being from NY and being Red Sox fans? ****'s just not natural :lol:

Is it a Big Papi/Pedro Martinez thing? I'm curious to know.

yes, it's basically a Big Papi/Pedro Martinez thing. They can care less about the other players. It also falls in line with them two being the biggest baseball players in DR popularity wise in Which they are. As much as I can't stand em both, they're legends and rightfully so.

Last edited:

Yes, he's Dominican and so am I
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
I knew it!

What's up with you guys being from NY and being Red Sox fans? ****'s just not natural
laugh.gif

yes, it's basically a Big Papi/Pedro Martinez thing. They can care less about the other players. It also falls in line with them two being the biggest baseball players in DR popularity wise in Which they are. As much as I can't stand em both, they're legends and rightfully so.
Wouldn't Manny's time factor into that equation also? Too bad them Dominicans ain't rock with Pedro when he came to the Mets. They had to draw the line somewhere huh? 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:

I knew it!

What's up with you guys being from NY and being Red Sox fans? ****'s just not natural :lol:

Wouldn't Manny's time factor into that equation also? Too bad them Dominicans ain't rock with Pedro when he came to the Mets. They had to draw the line somewhere huh? :lol: :smh:  

oh yeah, forgot about Manny :lol:

Back
Top Bottom