Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
When Toronto boos and hates you, you know it's real 
laugh.gif

The Tyson deal came out of nowhere. The exact opposite of the "amare deal". I don't buy the leaks

Last edited:
Lol word.

Jose has a short leash with me too.

He's an upgrade but I'm not a fan.

Hopefully he's just a bridge until we can get a younger, better starting PG.

Last edited:
i dont buy the lebron thing either.... too much has to happen like amare getting traded and same with bargs... it sounds easy but its really just a pipe dream... id be content with melo coming back along with pau... that seems more realistic

i hate when people say "2010 all over again". its 2014. we have phli jackson, its noted that melo and bron both wanna play together, there is an actual possibility that they both come to ny. and whats wrong with hoping for the best? i didnt say there was a 90% chance of it happening, but i'll take 1% over 0% any day.

aside from the pessimism that is the knicks thread...

if bosh decides to go to houston, bron isnt gonna stay. at least i dont think. he could force his way to nyk and they could do a sign and trade for bron to get the max and to take back amare and or bargs. theyre expiring contracts, so i dont think pat riley will really mind. obviously he'd rather have bron, but stat as a consolation prize, is better than nothing. hell, we can even let go of thjr if that situation became a reality.

its a loooooooooooooong shot, but imagine:

calderon - larkin
shump - jr/ellington/maybe still have thjr
bron - any of the above
melo - odom/tyler
gasol - dalembert

that would be amazing.

View media item 1068200

Don't usually tell someone to shut up, but I'm close. There is a fine line between realism, pessimism, optimism, and retarted.

Last edited:
i dont doubt that lebron would come here....the difference now compared to then is we got melo and lebron wants to play with him "pause" cleveland seems like the obvious choice but its tough knowing the owner wrote a bad open letter about you and it was on the website for years.... the problem like i said before is creating the cap room to even get him if that were to happen... but all that is hypothetical just need melo to resign really

I think if philly takes amare and shump and sends back richardson we would have about 22 million in cap space (projected 62 million cap). We could sign Lebron with that and we have the bird rights to Melo so we could resign him. Longshot, but not impossible.

I think if philly takes amare and shump and sends back richardson we would have about 22 million in cap space (projected 62 million cap). We could sign Lebron with that and we have the bird rights to Melo so we could resign him. Longshot, but not impossible.

Nope. Impossible.

Even if you traded Amar'e right now for nothing, you have $4mil in cap space.

Why? Because of Melo's Rights.

But you could have $26 mil in cap space, if you renounce Melo's rights. But then would have to split $13mil between Melo & LeBron.

i met amare in person. cool chill guy. work ethic is admirable. beast when healthy

as much as i like him... moving him would be a major relief in our cap.

bargnani can go for all i care
Its not even about my personal feelings for Amare. Or Bargnani. I think Amare can bounce back, and **** Bargs but he underratedly might be a decent fit in the triangle. However I see neither being a fit with this team long term (unless Amare wants to take a significant pay cut to come back), so if we needed to get rid of one or both of them I say go ahead of it. 

I just see no reason to force the issue and try to speed up the process and get rid of their contracts one year early. I mean if we could do it, then great but there is no reason we should be considering giving up the likes of Shumpert and THJR just to get rid of them this summer instead of next. The aura of "Phil coming in and trading the Knicks two worst contracts" would be played up like crazy but in reality it wouldnt help this team in the long term.

This is exactly what I was nervous about when we brought in Phil initially. I had initially felt that the Knicks needed to be blown up completely and rebuild, which would be a very long process. Now that Phil is here, I believe in him and what he could do with Melo. So I dont necessarily think we need to completely rebuild anymore because that would never work with a 30 year old Melo. I still think it is necessary to clear up cap space and rebuild Melo's supporting cast by letting Amare and Bargnanis colossal contracts come off the books, but I still think trying to speed up the process from 2015 to 2014 would be a huge mistake if it cost us our best two young assets.

This would be a classic Knicks mistake. Very reminiscent of of certain moves we made in 2010 when looking back on it, I wish we hadnt made. In 2010 the goal was Bron or bust. We gave up everything that we could (young players, draft picks, etc.) with the sole purpose of clearing cap space to sign Lebron and another star. Now I think it is necessary to rebuild this roster but also learn from our mistakes.

Yes, it is important for us to clear up cap space for a variety of reasons, but we should be collecting assets rather than getting rid of them with cap space in mind. That is what I liked about the Calderon deal. We gave up 2 players we had no purpose for, and in return we got a point guard that Phil likes in Calderon and young assets which I consider to be 2 first round picks (Larkin a first rounder last year and Cleanthony who was a top 20 player on my big board). Our rebuilding plan should focus around collecting as many young cheap assets and draft picks as we could while also clearing up as much cap space as possible. It would be a mistake not to alter our 2010 strategy of giving up assets and draft picks if it meant more cap room. The Dallas trade was an example of doing this. Calderon is not a great contract that goes beyong 2015 but Phil felt it was worth it because he liked him as a fit in the triangle (at least more than Felton), and in return we got back assets without giving up any. This was a savvy move that will help rebuild Melo's supporting cast. We need to make more moves like this, not trades where we give up potential assets that we have without returning any other assets in return.

Let every ******* team in the NBA get in this Lebron dog fight this summer. Please just stay the **** out. I have no problem letting Amare and Bargnani expire organically and creep up on everyone in 2015 when there isnt a home run franchise player available like Lebron, but a much deeper crop of all-stars who we have a much more realistic chance in signing.

In 2015, we could sign Melo some complimentary all-stars and still have young players like Shump and Tim on the roster to build with. If the Knicks give up the only young assets we have right now just to get in the Lebron race, I will be very upset. That would be as short sighted as it gets unless Phil has some sort of guarantee from Lebron (which Im sorry, he doesnt).

At the end of the day we have a very VERYminiscule chance at signing Lebron this summer. It is more plausible that they would team up in Miami, LA, or even ******* Cleveland and all of those scenarios arent likely either. It is a pipe dream and it is time for us to move on and build our own winner without Lebron. It is not worth getting rid of young assets just to be heartbroken by that ******* douche once again. The fact that some Knicks fans desire to put all of our eggs in the Lebron basket after 2010 absolutely bewilders me. Like I said before, Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. **** Lebron. Lets beat him. He is not invincible.

The more likely scenario (if we package Shump and THJR to get rid of Amare/Bargnani) would be us idiotically trading 2 young assets for a 34 year old Pau Gasol, and using the rest of the cap space next summer, when we would already have the necessary cap space if we didnt make the trade. Oddly similar to what happened in 2010...

This whole situation reeks EXACTLY of a trade we made at the 2010 trade deadline. We decided to package our first round pick Jordan Hill and a future first rounder for an aging T-Mac JUST so we could attempt to clear up cap space we didnt end up using that summer. Yeah that is one I definitely wish we could have back...

I mean the only difference right now, is that Lebron is much less likely to come here now than he was in 2010 and Shumpert/Tim Jr. are better assets than Jordan Hill and a future first were. Not worth it. Stop with this craziness please. As someone said earlier the short memory loss some of yall have nauseates me.

View media item 1068200

Don't usually tell someone to shut up, but I'm close. There is a fine line between realism, pessimism, optimism, and retarted.

Go for it tough guy. Tell me to shut up in an Internet forum lol.

Anyway...bargs was semi decent. He scored pretty well, but couldn't defend for ****. Not a very good rebounder, but he did spread the floor. I think he would do well in the triangle if he could put more effort on D.

I always hated that trade for Bargnani....I tried to give him a chance but losing that pick :smh:

I'll never forgive whoever approved that....Grunwald, Dolan, whoever.

Camp Counselor Fisher has his work cut out for him.

Nope. Impossible.

But you could have $26 mil in cap space, if you renounce Melo's rights. But then would have to split $13mil between Melo & LeBron.
What if we dump Bargs too? :nerd:

My whole thing is if Phil is pursuing this he's not going to put himself in a bind to pitch them this take less money thing that the Bulls, Heat, and Lakers would as well. Might as well dump most of the roster to give them both near the max/as much as possible. So I figure if an Amar'e deals goes down a Bargs deal happens right after it.

So no surprise no deal has been made yet. Looking for someone to take STAT even with one year left and then set up a deal for Bargs would be tough.

Last edited:

Nope. Impossible.

Not gonna lie, I based all of this on my years of playing 2k Association mode. 
laugh.gif

Didnt know they would have to renounce his rights even though they have his bird rights and can go over the cap to resgin him.

Last edited:
Go for it tough guy. Tell me to shut up in an Internet forum lol.

Anyway...bargs was semi decent. He scored pretty well, but couldn't defend for ****. Not a very good rebounder, but he did spread the floor. I think he would do well in the triangle if he could put more effort on D.

Na you're a nice guy.

Even if you see a single drop of water in cup and call it full. :lol:

Last edited:
[thread="569623"]Quote:[/thread]

Not gonna lie, I based all of this on my years of playing 2k Association mode. :lol:

Didnt know they would have to renounce his rights even though they have his bird rights and can go over the cap to resgin him.

No problem, CBA gets extremely complicated.

Basically all rights are is a cap hold. It's not actual money, but counts until you do something with it. Allows teams ability to keep players, and not lose them for nothing because they don't have enough cap space to retain a player.

So while you can go over cap to sign Carmelo (currently only have $3mil in cap space if you let all the non-guaranteed contracts) at this point, if you traded Amar'e for nothing, he slides right into that cap. Unless you sign him for less, sign him for the full max, or you renounce his rights.

It used to be different, like the way you were hypothesizing until the early 90s, because it would give a huge unfair advantage to other teams. If you cleared out every single player and had $0, in the old rules, you could have signed LeBron, Bosh, someone else for $10million then re-signed Melo. NBA wanted to avoid that.

Last edited:
How dare essential1 essential1 come into the Knicks thread with a bunch of facts and try to tell us what's conceivable or not. How dare he.

I got an idea, We should ban him from the thread. :lol:

You're lucky us Knicks fans are collective enough to allow you in here. Unlike the brats in your Lakers thread. You'd be banned on the spot if that type of information was being passed around from a Knick fan in the Lakers thread. :tongue:

Last edited:
lebron aint coming here... lol can't believe some of yall actually gonna do this to yourselves... again... :smh: cause i aint

Apparently Lebron has narrowed his choices to the Heat and the Cavs. And thats from Wojnarowski, not ******* Broussard. Can we finally put an end to this Lebron to the Knicks pipe dream bull ****?... and more importantly put an end to talking about trading away young our assets just to get rid of expiring contracts. **** is just ******* stupid.

Last edited:
This LeBron coming here is really starting to gain steam, here .... everyone is starting to talk about it. Im starting to bite my nails and smile alot now :smh:

I was just @work, shoulda heard what some of us were saying we'd do to have LeBron here with Melo :lol:

Awfully pathetic ...

Back
Top Bottom