Oakland RAIDERS OffSeason Thread

I had feeling we were going to pick him in the 3rd round. I don't see him playing this year maybe in the last week if we are bad.

I had feeling we were going to pick him in the 3rd round. I don't see him playing this year maybe in the last week if we are bad.

Love the Pryor pick. Especially at the 3rd round. Moderate risk, high reward scenario. Add to the fact, I believe this team is a QB away from being a legit playoff squad.

Love the Pryor pick. Especially at the 3rd round. Moderate risk, high reward scenario. Add to the fact, I believe this team is a QB away from being a legit playoff squad.

Al Davis has been wanting a qb like this for years.

Pryor has nothing to lose and more to gain from this experience.

Good pick

Al Davis has been wanting a qb like this for years.

Pryor has nothing to lose and more to gain from this experience.

Good pick

My thoughts on the Pryor pick. At first I thought it was stupid merely because we now don't have a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rounder next year. However, I forgot that we will get comp picks for Nnamdi, Miller, and Gallery. Which should net us a 3rd, 4th, and 5th based on their new salaries alone. So we'll have a 1st, 3rd, 4th, 2 5ths, and a 7th.

Not bad overall, and considering where most of our best picks have come from over the last few years, those 2nd through 5th round picks are necessary for us. Moore - 5th, Ford - 4th, Veldheer -3rd, Goethal - 6th, Shaugnessy - 3rd, Murphy - 3rd, Branch -4th, Bush - 4th.

On to Pryor as a player. The way i see it, A 3rd next year and you get over half a season and a full offseason to develop the guy while most draft picks will still be learning the playbook? Plus, he can come in immediately in a Brad Smith role. If he has any sort of hands, he can go outside and he becomes a 6'6", 4.37 athlete.

Lastly, and most importantly, it's a THIRD round pick. This isn't the first round. It's not a HUGE gamble. Pretty low risk, can be very high reward who can change defenses if he has the ball in the wild cat with his speed alone. Brad Smith was picked in the 4th round. Is Terelle Pryor a better player than Brad Smith?

My thoughts on the Pryor pick. At first I thought it was stupid merely because we now don't have a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rounder next year. However, I forgot that we will get comp picks for Nnamdi, Miller, and Gallery. Which should net us a 3rd, 4th, and 5th based on their new salaries alone. So we'll have a 1st, 3rd, 4th, 2 5ths, and a 7th.

Not bad overall, and considering where most of our best picks have come from over the last few years, those 2nd through 5th round picks are necessary for us. Moore - 5th, Ford - 4th, Veldheer -3rd, Goethal - 6th, Shaugnessy - 3rd, Murphy - 3rd, Branch -4th, Bush - 4th.

On to Pryor as a player. The way i see it, A 3rd next year and you get over half a season and a full offseason to develop the guy while most draft picks will still be learning the playbook? Plus, he can come in immediately in a Brad Smith role. If he has any sort of hands, he can go outside and he becomes a 6'6", 4.37 athlete.

Lastly, and most importantly, it's a THIRD round pick. This isn't the first round. It's not a HUGE gamble. Pretty low risk, can be very high reward who can change defenses if he has the ball in the wild cat with his speed alone. Brad Smith was picked in the 4th round. Is Terelle Pryor a better player than Brad Smith?

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

I agree. Great Move Al. I would have preferred giving up our 1st round instead since we are terrible in the 1st round but not in the later rounds
laugh.gif

Seriously though I think pryor looks hungry and will perform in a couple years. Besides if he is a bust we only lost a 3rd round and half a million.

This dude is a sick athlete.
Terrelle+Pryor+Terrelle+Pryor+Pro+Day+ldr6YX48bvOl.jpg

Run DMC  
Ford                      TP                        Heyward Bey      D.Moore

...Speed Kills

I agree. Great Move Al. I would have preferred giving up our 1st round instead since we are terrible in the 1st round but not in the later rounds
laugh.gif

Seriously though I think pryor looks hungry and will perform in a couple years. Besides if he is a bust we only lost a 3rd round and half a million.

This dude is a sick athlete.
Terrelle+Pryor+Terrelle+Pryor+Pro+Day+ldr6YX48bvOl.jpg

Run DMC  
Ford                      TP                        Heyward Bey      D.Moore

...Speed Kills

Back
Top Bottom