Oakland RAIDERS OffSeason Thread

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Why is Pryor inactive?
Answered this in the game thread, but here it is again.

WearinTheFourFive wrote:
[h6][/h6]
[h6]Raiders Inactives: QB Terrelle Pryor, QB Jason Campbell, RB Darren McFadden, CB Chimdi Chekwa, CB Chris Johnson, G Bruce Campbell, TE David Ausberry[/h6]

What happened to Pryor?

I'm guessing it has to do with adding Housh and not having the room necessary to accommodate him. I believe teams can request a one-week pass before releasing someone when they sign a new player. So it'll just be Carson with Boller backing up.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Why is Pryor inactive?
Answered this in the game thread, but here it is again.

WearinTheFourFive wrote:
[h6][/h6]
[h6]Raiders Inactives: QB Terrelle Pryor, QB Jason Campbell, RB Darren McFadden, CB Chimdi Chekwa, CB Chris Johnson, G Bruce Campbell, TE David Ausberry[/h6]

What happened to Pryor?

I'm guessing it has to do with adding Housh and not having the room necessary to accommodate him. I believe teams can request a one-week pass before releasing someone when they sign a new player. So it'll just be Carson with Boller backing up.

I am totally bummed and disappointed. However, it must be shaken off because the Bolts in 4 days. And I will be there....So juiced. RRRRAAAIIIIDDDEEERRRSSS

I am totally bummed and disappointed. However, it must be shaken off because the Bolts in 4 days. And I will be there....So juiced. RRRRAAAIIIIDDDEEERRRSSS

it's not looking good for McFadden thursday
30t6p3b.gif

Raiders don't win this week and it's a wrap for them
30t6p3b.gif

Chicago, Green Bay, Detroit
frown.gif

it's not looking good for McFadden thursday
30t6p3b.gif

Raiders don't win this week and it's a wrap for them
30t6p3b.gif

Chicago, Green Bay, Detroit
frown.gif

I know we shared our concern about Hue having too much control since the passing of Al...but do you think he has too much talent on offense now? I just got a feelin like he's trying to do too much now..he doesn't play DHB and K-Boss to put in Reece and TJ...and to give more touches to J.Ford and D-Mo..I feel like the offense played well, don't get me wrong but I just feel like it's just not working out the way we're built to play right now...

Sure, I may be saying too much about the offense when we clearly lost the game because of the Defense....but Hue is just too aggressive with the play-calling...We wanted the team to blitz more, now I feel like we blitz too much...I know we wanted to get after Tebow, but damn let dude beat us with his arm and drop our boys into a zone coverage!

Just letting out some frustration...I was never a fan of Bresnahan to begin with, even during his first stint..I like Hue though, it's just frustrating to blow the Buffalo lead, blow the Denver lead and get blown out by the mediocre Chiefs...that and our tackling is just piss
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I know we shared our concern about Hue having too much control since the passing of Al...but do you think he has too much talent on offense now? I just got a feelin like he's trying to do too much now..he doesn't play DHB and K-Boss to put in Reece and TJ...and to give more touches to J.Ford and D-Mo..I feel like the offense played well, don't get me wrong but I just feel like it's just not working out the way we're built to play right now...

Sure, I may be saying too much about the offense when we clearly lost the game because of the Defense....but Hue is just too aggressive with the play-calling...We wanted the team to blitz more, now I feel like we blitz too much...I know we wanted to get after Tebow, but damn let dude beat us with his arm and drop our boys into a zone coverage!

Just letting out some frustration...I was never a fan of Bresnahan to begin with, even during his first stint..I like Hue though, it's just frustrating to blow the Buffalo lead, blow the Denver lead and get blown out by the mediocre Chiefs...that and our tackling is just piss
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I cosign everything you said. We've gone away from our strengths...what happened to running the ball and smashing your opponent in the mouth? Too many 2nd half passes. Too many bombs away. We've benched productive players in favor of nonproductive ones. I want to believe in Hue, but the team was totally unprepared against the Chiefs and then completely collapsed against the Broncos. Can we really afford another division loss? I don't even want to talk about the flags. Way. Too. Many. Penalties.

I hate our defense. No gap discipline. So inconsistent. We've sucked against the run for years now and the more things change, the more they stay the same. I really don't understand it. We lack fundamentals or just simply choose to ignore them.

And special teams was supposed to be a strength...we cut some excellent gunners in Boyd/Davis.

I watched the Denver game with utter embarrassment and frustration. If we don't win Thursday, turn the lights out. We are so far from being a playoff team, it's not even funny.

I cosign everything you said. We've gone away from our strengths...what happened to running the ball and smashing your opponent in the mouth? Too many 2nd half passes. Too many bombs away. We've benched productive players in favor of nonproductive ones. I want to believe in Hue, but the team was totally unprepared against the Chiefs and then completely collapsed against the Broncos. Can we really afford another division loss? I don't even want to talk about the flags. Way. Too. Many. Penalties.

I hate our defense. No gap discipline. So inconsistent. We've sucked against the run for years now and the more things change, the more they stay the same. I really don't understand it. We lack fundamentals or just simply choose to ignore them.

And special teams was supposed to be a strength...we cut some excellent gunners in Boyd/Davis.

I watched the Denver game with utter embarrassment and frustration. If we don't win Thursday, turn the lights out. We are so far from being a playoff team, it's not even funny.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Forgot to mention Taiwan Jones' coverage on that punt..SMH...and Jacoby smackin dude on that kickoff return
laugh.gif
 but you still don't want him out there on the kickoff return
eyes.gif

We have high expectations of this team, no doubt...and this is the brighest our light has been in 10 years, so of course we're gonna ride with this team..but considering all the things that have happened (Al passing, Campbell going down, Carson learning the offense, throw in TJ and A.Curry in the mix and now DMC is down) and you gotta realize this is a lot of changes that the organization has to over come...

Plus there are rumors Hue is actively looking at Free Agents...He shouldn't be trippin off Free Agents..he should be focusing in on how to coach the team we have now and working on how to fix this wack **+ defense...run some tackling drills in open space with Jacoby or something sheesh
eyes.gif

Edit:: I hope we don't make a run for Haynesworth...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by AG 47

Forgot to mention Taiwan Jones' coverage on that punt..SMH...and Jacoby smackin dude on that kickoff return
laugh.gif
 but you still don't want him out there on the kickoff return
eyes.gif

We have high expectations of this team, no doubt...and this is the brighest our light has been in 10 years, so of course we're gonna ride with this team..but considering all the things that have happened (Al passing, Campbell going down, Carson learning the offense, throw in TJ and A.Curry in the mix and now DMC is down) and you gotta realize this is a lot of changes that the organization has to over come...

Plus there are rumors Hue is actively looking at Free Agents...He shouldn't be trippin off Free Agents..he should be focusing in on how to coach the team we have now and working on how to fix this wack **+ defense...run some tackling drills in open space with Jacoby or something sheesh
eyes.gif

Edit:: I hope we don't make a run for Haynesworth...
ohwell.gif

The rumor about Hue looking at free agents was pressed to some of the players by local media and they didn't have a clue about that. One of the beat writers suggested that the rumor was spread by an agent of one of the players the Raiders cut in order to upset team chemistry. While Hue does seem the type to get rid of someone who doesn't perform exactly as he sees fit, I don't believe that he's actively looking for free agents all the time. If he expects to win this season he should understand it will be with this squad, not with some player that 31 other teams in the league did not consider taking.

At today's press conference in San Diego, Hue said that McFadden isn't officially out yet. NFL Network reported a little while before he went up to speak that McFadden was indeed out. My guess is that McFadden won't play until the Vikings game, ten days after the SD game.

DHB has fallen out of favor with Hue, it seems like. His targets the past couple games are non-existent. Looks like with Al gone Hue doesn't feel the pressure to start someone he didn't believe in to begin with.

Where's the inclusion of Boss into the game plan? The man can be a beast if given the opportunity. Something's not right here.
EDIT: And I doubt we go for Haynesworth. If he can't be chained by Belicheck and Tom Brady, I have no hope that a rookie head coach will be able to do the job. Especially since we have a capable line already.

The rumor about Hue looking at free agents was pressed to some of the players by local media and they didn't have a clue about that. One of the beat writers suggested that the rumor was spread by an agent of one of the players the Raiders cut in order to upset team chemistry. While Hue does seem the type to get rid of someone who doesn't perform exactly as he sees fit, I don't believe that he's actively looking for free agents all the time. If he expects to win this season he should understand it will be with this squad, not with some player that 31 other teams in the league did not consider taking.

At today's press conference in San Diego, Hue said that McFadden isn't officially out yet. NFL Network reported a little while before he went up to speak that McFadden was indeed out. My guess is that McFadden won't play until the Vikings game, ten days after the SD game.

DHB has fallen out of favor with Hue, it seems like. His targets the past couple games are non-existent. Looks like with Al gone Hue doesn't feel the pressure to start someone he didn't believe in to begin with.

Where's the inclusion of Boss into the game plan? The man can be a beast if given the opportunity. Something's not right here.
EDIT: And I doubt we go for Haynesworth. If he can't be chained by Belicheck and Tom Brady, I have no hope that a rookie head coach will be able to do the job. Especially since we have a capable line already.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

At today's press conference in San Diego, Hue said that McFadden isn't officially out yet. NFL Network reported a little while before he went up to speak that McFadden was indeed out. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]My guess is that McFadden won't play until the Vikings game, ten days after the SD game.[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]DHB has fallen out of favor with Hue, it seems like. His targets the past couple games are non-existent. Looks like with Al gone Hue doesn't feel the pressure to start someone he didn't believe in to begin with.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Where's the inclusion of Boss into the game plan?[/color] The man can be a beast if given the opportunity. Something's not right here.

I am beginning to think the same.

I am not too sure why, he was really stepping up this season. It seems CP is really trying to get a feel for D-Mo and J Ford while having Whosyomomma as a safety blanket.

Really though, I was real excited when they picked Boss up and was hoping to see a very productive year from him with lots of involvement particularly in the red zone and on some 3rd and short downs.

*Edit: Any word on McClain? I read he was at practice, but does anyone know if he is out for sure or not?

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

At today's press conference in San Diego, Hue said that McFadden isn't officially out yet. NFL Network reported a little while before he went up to speak that McFadden was indeed out. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]My guess is that McFadden won't play until the Vikings game, ten days after the SD game.[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]DHB has fallen out of favor with Hue, it seems like. His targets the past couple games are non-existent. Looks like with Al gone Hue doesn't feel the pressure to start someone he didn't believe in to begin with.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Where's the inclusion of Boss into the game plan?[/color] The man can be a beast if given the opportunity. Something's not right here.

I am beginning to think the same.

I am not too sure why, he was really stepping up this season. It seems CP is really trying to get a feel for D-Mo and J Ford while having Whosyomomma as a safety blanket.

Really though, I was real excited when they picked Boss up and was hoping to see a very productive year from him with lots of involvement particularly in the red zone and on some 3rd and short downs.

*Edit: Any word on McClain? I read he was at practice, but does anyone know if he is out for sure or not?

The word concerning McClain is that he is in for the SD game. He was close to starting against Denver but the coaching staff felt it best to hold him off until he was completely ready.

As for the offense itself, I wonder how it compares to last year's offense up to this point. Of course, it would be difficult to do that considering the beat down we gave Denver skews last years average up considerably.

The word concerning McClain is that he is in for the SD game. He was close to starting against Denver but the coaching staff felt it best to hold him off until he was completely ready.

As for the offense itself, I wonder how it compares to last year's offense up to this point. Of course, it would be difficult to do that considering the beat down we gave Denver skews last years average up considerably.

Little write-up on Boss' limited pt...

ALAMEDA -- Tight end Kevin Boss was cleared medically to play on Sunday for the Raiders and was indeed active after suffering a concussion two weeks prior.

And yet, Oakland's biggest training camp acquisition saw limited time on the field in the Raiders' 38-24 loss to Denver and then, only on special teams.

So was he surprised he didn't get much run, or did the guy who signed a four-year, $16-million free-agent contract know that was the gameplan coming in?
http://
"Uh, no, I was surprised," Boss said Monday in the Raiders' locker room. "Yeah. Coach's decision, but, yeah. Surprised."

Immediately following the game, rookie coach Hue Jackson said Boss and leading receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey did not see much action due to "certain sets" with multiple receivers and two running backs.

Still, Boss entered the day averaging 20 yards per catch on eight catches, including a 35-yard touchdown reception on a fake field goal against Cleveland.

Think the Raiders and new quarterback Carson Palmer could have at least used the threat of that against the Broncos?

"Yeah, I think so," Boss said." I mean, I've got a lot of confidence in myself and feel like I can help this team but, you know, that's something I can't do when I'm not playing. But I think that things will work itself out and I feel confident that I'll get back out there and continue to do what I've done in the past and that's make plays and be a solid tight end."

Rumors have been flying that Boss and Heyward-Bey were being punished by Jackson because they did not stick around during the bye week to work with Palmer. But Palmer discounted that notion.

"I'm not sure of any specific reason," Palmer said. "They were here just as much as everybody else."

Boss, meanwhile said he would follow up on his lack of playing time.

"I'll probably just talk it over with my tight end coach (Adam Henry)," Boss said, "and see what's going on."

There are obvious chemistry issues on offense, Boss calling it all "a work in progress."

Not only as a unit, but with Palmer as the new QB. "It's still a work in progress, too," Boss said. "You know, haven't had a lot of time on the field and a lot of what we've been doing is three-wide receivers and two-backs, or four-wide receivers, so that's something that's going to need to be worked on, too."

Boss was asked if all the different packages and schemes contributed to the seeming confusion on offense and the preponderance of penalties.

"I think it is difficult sometimes," he said. "You get those 12-men-in-the-huddle penalties just because we do have a lot of guys coming in and out of the game in the huddle so, it (could) cause some confusion and some penalties."

It also hurts a player's ability find a rhythm, not only if he's not playing, but if he's in and out with abandon.

"That's part of the game," Boss added, "and whatever the coach decides to do, you've got to kind of roll with the punches there but I can see what you're saying -- as an athlete playing any sport, you do want to get in a rhythm and that sometimes will not allow that."

Read more: Raiders TE Boss 'surprised' he didn't play much vs. Broncos 
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story 

Little write-up on Boss' limited pt...

ALAMEDA -- Tight end Kevin Boss was cleared medically to play on Sunday for the Raiders and was indeed active after suffering a concussion two weeks prior.

And yet, Oakland's biggest training camp acquisition saw limited time on the field in the Raiders' 38-24 loss to Denver and then, only on special teams.

So was he surprised he didn't get much run, or did the guy who signed a four-year, $16-million free-agent contract know that was the gameplan coming in?
http://
"Uh, no, I was surprised," Boss said Monday in the Raiders' locker room. "Yeah. Coach's decision, but, yeah. Surprised."

Immediately following the game, rookie coach Hue Jackson said Boss and leading receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey did not see much action due to "certain sets" with multiple receivers and two running backs.

Still, Boss entered the day averaging 20 yards per catch on eight catches, including a 35-yard touchdown reception on a fake field goal against Cleveland.

Think the Raiders and new quarterback Carson Palmer could have at least used the threat of that against the Broncos?

"Yeah, I think so," Boss said." I mean, I've got a lot of confidence in myself and feel like I can help this team but, you know, that's something I can't do when I'm not playing. But I think that things will work itself out and I feel confident that I'll get back out there and continue to do what I've done in the past and that's make plays and be a solid tight end."

Rumors have been flying that Boss and Heyward-Bey were being punished by Jackson because they did not stick around during the bye week to work with Palmer. But Palmer discounted that notion.

"I'm not sure of any specific reason," Palmer said. "They were here just as much as everybody else."

Boss, meanwhile said he would follow up on his lack of playing time.

"I'll probably just talk it over with my tight end coach (Adam Henry)," Boss said, "and see what's going on."

There are obvious chemistry issues on offense, Boss calling it all "a work in progress."

Not only as a unit, but with Palmer as the new QB. "It's still a work in progress, too," Boss said. "You know, haven't had a lot of time on the field and a lot of what we've been doing is three-wide receivers and two-backs, or four-wide receivers, so that's something that's going to need to be worked on, too."

Boss was asked if all the different packages and schemes contributed to the seeming confusion on offense and the preponderance of penalties.

"I think it is difficult sometimes," he said. "You get those 12-men-in-the-huddle penalties just because we do have a lot of guys coming in and out of the game in the huddle so, it (could) cause some confusion and some penalties."

It also hurts a player's ability find a rhythm, not only if he's not playing, but if he's in and out with abandon.

"That's part of the game," Boss added, "and whatever the coach decides to do, you've got to kind of roll with the punches there but I can see what you're saying -- as an athlete playing any sport, you do want to get in a rhythm and that sometimes will not allow that."

Read more: Raiders TE Boss 'surprised' he didn't play much vs. Broncos 
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story 

Back
Top Bottom