Oakland RAIDERS Season Thread

Do you think Detroit gives us a 2nd rounder and it turns into conditional 1st if they reached the SB?
Depending on our 1st round selection I'll rather trade it like the Rams did.

Believe it or not, I doubt that Detroit trades anything higher than a 3rd for a RB. Even McFadden. Keep in mind, they spent a 2nd rounder on Leshoure last year and he was hurt all last year and suspended first two games of this season. They really don't know what they have in him and now that I think about it more, they don't do trade with us.

Now, another possible suitor could be the New York Jets. Even with Shonn Greene, an explosive back behind a quality run offensive line could be the difference they need to make another deep playoff run.

Who knows though...I doubt Reggie/DA have given up on the season this early. But if they're serious about rebuilding, then they should explore every option at every position.

Yeah we still have sometime to decide on DMC. I think the trade deadline now is week 8 so maybe some team gets desperate.

Last edited:
This isn't the NBA or MLB, we're not going to see multiple players + picks being given up for one player, not with this cap system and the value of a draft pick. The reality is we won't see fair value for McFadden in any trade, not when great RBs are found sometimes out of nowhere and he's still suffering the reputation of being a fragile player. If we can find a single player that transforms either side of the ball, go for it. Otherwise, I would like to see him resigned and convince him that the plan is to build around his strengths.

Former #Eagles and #Colts CB Kevin Thomas said via Twitter he has a workout with the #Raiders on Tuesday. -- Adam Caplan (@caplannfl)

Thomas twitter:
"@AkaQuito: I have a workout with the Oakland Raiders tomorrow morning.... I [emoji]128591[/emoji] they see me #NoFingerprints"

"@CBSRaiders: Dennis Allen on whether he'd consider moving starting FS Michael Huff to cornerback: "Potentially. We’re going to look at all options.""

It would be a sick joke is Huff makes the move to corner, when that was Hue's idea all the way back in January.

Now that I think of it. I don't think anyone is going to offer anything solid to build with or around for DMC. Might as well run him to the ground.

Huff at corner huh?

Still a part of me thinks that the Pittsburgh game is the game that IT happens....Well aware how foolhardy that sounds.

Maybe I'm just as big as a fool, but even during our worse years, we surprise good teams. Eagles when they had Donovan. Steelers with Gradkowski, in Pittsburgh. I could see it happening again. And I agree, keep Darren and make this damn ZBS work. Somehow, some way.

Come on, DMC. I've followed and hyped you since Arkansas. Let's get a bounce back W3, even against Pittsburgh's run D.

this team
mean.gif

hope they get it together and Carson Palmer can become a good leader/qb for this team.. if not then oh well
ohwell.gif

Andre Carter to work out for Oakland Raiders again

For the second time in less than a month, the Oakland Raiders are hosting defensive end Andre Carter for a workout, a source who has spoken with the player said.

Carter was not healthy enough to sign with the Raiders following his previous workout on Aug. 21.

Carter had 10 sacks last year with the New England Patriots, but his season ended with a torn quadriceps muscle. The lengthy rehab left the 33-year-old a free agent when the season started.

Andre Carter to work out for Oakland Raiders - NFL.com

OAKLAND RAIDERS ‏@RAIDERS

The Raiders have signed DB Brandian Ross; signed FS Akwasi Owusu-Ansah to practice squad and re-signed DT Vaughn Meatoga to practice squad

Super Bowl?

I'm not giving up hope til week 4.

What type of hope you have? That we can win the division? Playoffs? I'm not telling you how to manage your hope in the Raiders, but I'm just hoping we can win a game.

Pittsburgh, @ Denver, @ Atlanta, Jacksonville, @ KC :x

Yeah we might have a chance against the Steelers with James and Troy possibly not playing. If we do win it might give me some hope going into Denver.

Yeah we might have a chance against the Steelers with James and Troy possibly not playing. If we do win it might give me some hope going into Denver.

Best case scenario is that our offense has begun to gel with a full week of practice with Denarius/Carson out there. I'm fearful of what Ben will do versus our secondary. We have not been doing a very good job covering guys down the field. It doesn't help much that our pass rush from our defensive line has been severely underwhelming in the first 2 weeks. I don't think it's impossible to beat Pittsburgh, but it's going to take a complete effort in all 3 phases of the game. I still don't believe we are as bad as we've played the first 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom