Oakland RAIDERS Season Thread

Yeah we might have a chance against the Steelers with James and Troy possibly not playing. If we do win it might give me some hope going into Denver.

Best case scenario is that our offense has begun to gel with a full week of practice with Denarius/Carson out there. I'm fearful of what Ben will do versus our secondary. We have not been doing a very good job covering guys down the field. It doesn't help much that our pass rush from our defensive line has been severely underwhelming in the first 2 weeks. I don't think it's impossible to beat Pittsburgh, but it's going to take a complete effort in all 3 phases of the game. I still don't believe we are as bad as we've played the first 2 weeks.

That's how I feel I knew depth was a problem so we had a chance to be bad but none of our key players have gone down.

If we want to win we have to fix our ST these guys are horrible with field positioning. Get a big run but it comes back because they were holding always :smh:
It doesn't help the defense or offense if we constantly put them in horrible positions.

I saw a statistic that we outscored our opponents 17-16 in the first half, but were outscored 40-11 in the 2nd half. I don't know if that speaks more to a lack of depth or poor conditioning, or maybe a healthy combination of both, but that's disheartening. Our success was grounded (pun intended) in our run game. It's no secret that a solid run game opens the door for the playaction pass and a lot of the bigger components that worked so well last year. It's absolutely critical we establish a run game or we'll continue to suffer quick possessions and eventually gas our defense. Somehow, someway.

I'm giving Knapp a year to see if his system works if it doesn't let him go. Half of the OL are old so let them go next year.

Knapp could see the boot within this season even. Someone has to take the fall for what's happened and if the offense remains this bad there's no reason to keep him. Saunders could easily slide back into the OC role and do enough to tide us over for the rest of the season. I expect this to happen if McFadden remains ineffective, no matter how well Palmer does going forward.

Raiders | Travis Goethel likely to start in Week 3

Wed, 19 Sep 2012 18:07:44 -0700

Oakland Raiders LB Travis Goethel is likely to draw the start in Week 3 against the Pittsburgh Steelers if LB Rolando McClain (concussion) is not medically cleared by team doctors.

Raiders | Michael Huff working with CBs

Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:41:49 -0700

Oakland Raiders FS Michael Huff was working with the cornerbacks during practice Wednesday, Sept. 19.

Raiders | Juron Criner practices in full

Wed, 19 Sep 2012 18:10:42 -0700

Oakland Raiders WR Juron Criner (ankle) was able to practice fully Wednesday, Sept. 19.

If we fall the next two games, what are the chances we adjust into the bye. 
Slim, I imagine. The offense would have to be laughably pathetic and some disgruntlement among the players would need to be obvious. Many of the players on the O-line are familiar with the ZBS and McFadden has had experience with it in his rookie season, so Dennis Allen must feel that things can get better. At least he should, given that he was given the power to hire his own coordinators. In any case, I wouldn't expect Saunders to come in and turn the offense into what it was last year. Hue knew what to get out of these players and played to their strengths, not to mention he was the play caller.

The more I think about it, the more I like our chances against Pittsburgh. We usually play them tough for starters. Two, Steelers just beat the Jets. Good win. They're due for another let down to the AFC West :lol:

I'm rolling with us on this one. 27-17.

Marcus Allen will light the Al Davis flame on Sunday

Posted by Mike Florio on September 21, 2012, 6:16 PM EDT
Reggie McKenzie AP

More than 20 years after Raiders owner Al Davis decided to park running back Marcus Allen on the bench until his contract expired, Allen will attend a Raiders game.

Paul Gutierrez of CSNBayArea.com reports that Allen will light the flame that honors the long-time owner’s memory, prior to their game against the Steelers. It’s happening at the behest of Mark Davis, Al’s son.

The development comes years after something happened to drive a wedge between the two men that never was resolved before Davis died last year.

“He told me he was going to get me,” Allen said in 1992. “We’ve had conversations. I don’t know for what reason, but he told me he was going to get me.”

In 2010, Davis declined to delve into the details.

“I’m not going to tell you,” Davis told Ice Cube, who put together a documentary on the team. “It’s a deeper story than you even dream, that I was well aware of, and I just got a certain approach to life.”

The truth still isn’t known (it’s believed in some circles that Davis didn’t approve of Allen’s friendship with O.J. Simpson — which would make Davis a genius), but it’s great to see Allen let bygones be bygones.

Raiders, why you no let DMC run?!

EDIT: Just as I said that, he broke away for a TD. And did not notice this was the season thread. smh

Last edited:
Going 2-2 into the bye would be what I expected when the season started. Except it would be against the teams I expected us to lose to. :lol:

Next weeks game is going to be great.

Last edited:
Great game. Probably the best home game since that KC OT game. The colosseum was NUTS today :pimp: D-Line is not getting great penetration still though.

I better see Peyton hitting the turf a few times next week.

yes please. 3-4 times and I'd be happy.

Great game. Probably the best home game since that KC OT game. The colosseum was NUTS today :pimp: D-Line is not getting great penetration still though.

Big Ben had ALL DAY.

Them boys better rest up and hydrate. I'm sure Peyton is going to do his usual don't let the defense sub out tactics. Mile High get ready.

The more I think about it, the more I like our chances against Pittsburgh. We usually play them tough for starters. Two, Steelers just beat the Jets. Good win. They're due for another let down to the AFC West :lol:
I'm rolling with us on this one. 27-17.

:smokin

“@RAIDERS: Darrius Heyward-Bey was released this morning from Eden Medical Center after spending the night under observation...”

“@RAIDERS: ...He is resting at home with a concussion and neck strain, and expected to make a full recovery.”

Whew. Very happy to hear about DHB. I hope he continues to play fearlessly.

Hoping DHB and Denarius continue to play well all season. Speed for days on the outside.

Carson looked nice and strong against Pittsburgh.

Hey Raider fans. Good win by your squad. Hope this win marks the turn around for your squad this year. Would be great to see the Raiders come back...Good luck the rest of the year...

Hey Raider fans. Good win by your squad. Hope this win marks the turn around for your squad this year. Would be great to see the Raiders come back...Good luck the rest of the year...
Classy Steelers fan, bro. I won't be saying the same to G-Men fans if we manage to lose on SNF at the Linc.

Great win by the Silver and Black. I'm really happy they were able to pull out the W. Carson was putting in work.

Though it may not mean much, I grew up loving NFL films. Growing up, Steve Sabol had one of the coolest jobs to me. I know you guys all know, but I wanted to say RIP to Steve Sabol. I'm just happy that he is responsible for this masterpiece. Epic song is epic.

The Autumn wind is Raider
Pillaging just for fun
He'll knock you round and upside down
And laugh when he's conquered and won.
-Steve Sabol (RIP)

Back
Top Bottom