Offical 2008 NFL draft Thread. 12PT/3ET on ESPN/NFLNetwork

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Trust n believe Desean aint act no parts thug in any interviews.
He has been getting groomed for the nfl for yrs.
Dudes brother works for the nfl.

smh.gif
that info

word. i've NEVER heard anyone say he's a thug at all....dfresh apparently said his friend works for the niners (9ers offseason thread)and that's what they said. i don't think it's true, cuz he never comes across as a thug in any way, shape or form with his play or even his interviews.
That's good to hear, I didn't really believe it either.
One of my boys at Cal said he's a cool dude

But in todays age of the NFL with Pacman Jones, Tank Johnson, etc, team are EXTRA careful with the guys they select.
Case in point, the Falcons taking Matt Ryan over Glenn Dorsey

Whoever dfrsh partna is who said that did themselves a disservice with that whopper.

Desean knows the entire nfl process. Better than he knows his course load at cal.

That's some horse ++#* information

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by theone2401

Steve Slaton is going to be better than Chris Johnson imo.
Why do you think so?

I think they are the same person except Johnson is faster. They both have the same issues.

Chris Johnson's got a tin can where his heart is supposed to be, too?

roll.gif

Well played sir...

let me rephrase.

They are the same player except Johnson is faster and has more heart
pimp.gif

smh.gif
that info

Doesn't his brother follow him around shooting a documentary on Desean's life (or college career?).

Well, with all the Wolverines we just drafted it's safe to say that the Dolphins next loss will be to Applaichian St.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Overall I guess I'm happy and I know what Bill is doing, but we have no real WR's, and average at best CB's, and that's being kind. But we dohave a ton of size and girth now, I guess speed will come in the next couple drafts. Hope it works.

Originally Posted by thetruth03

LOL @ pimp saying Djack was actin like a thug in his interviews...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
now thats funny

BTW Jackson is a better Pure WR then ginn was in college.
No sir

u think ginn was the better pure WR in college then jackson Truth?

Yea i like Ginn over Jackson coming outta school..

Ginn aint soft.. and is more of a threat at Wideout and Returning kicks.. Ginn has much more upside IMO

But jackson is being put in a MUCH better situation than ginn.. a team that will win more than 1 game.. So we'll see..

I went to High School with Tashard Choice (1 year)
pimp.gif
to bad he had to become a Cowgirl, but I bet he's gonna eventually get alot of touches.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by acidicality

smh.gif
that info

word. i've NEVER heard anyone say he's a thug at all....dfresh apparently said his friend works for the niners (9ers offseason thread)and that's what they said. i don't think it's true, cuz he never comes across as a thug in any way, shape or form with his play or even his interviews.
That's good to hear, I didn't really believe it either.
One of my boys at Cal said he's a cool dude

But in todays age of the NFL with Pacman Jones, Tank Johnson, etc, team are EXTRA careful with the guys they select.

laugh.gif

speaking of....funny story on Jimmy Williams of the Falcons...

during all the pre-draft routines, he was in an interview w. Joe Gibbs and his phone rang. He told Gibbs to hold on while he took the call RIGHT THERE in hisoffice.
smh.gif
@ making Gibbs wait. Needless to say, Williams wasn't drafted by the Skins....

This is the same dude who bought a 200k Lambo under the impression he was gonna be a first round pick....Deangelo Hall got in his head LOL

Maybe it was just me, but I didn't like how DeSean Jackson threw on his shades as soon as he got drafted...maybe he was hiding the tears but if not, itlooked like he was being a primadonna.

Maybe it was just me, but I didn't like how DeSean Jackson threw on his shades as soon as he got drafted...maybe he was hiding the tears but if not, it looked like he was being a primadonna.
naw. Jack He dont be acting hollywood like that.. them USC boys swear they starring all in movies...
grin.gif

I know where your trying to go.. kinda.. but what are you talking about? Falcons took ryan over dorsey because they felt they needed to draft a QBthat high.. Dorsey has always been known as a mature leader.. What character issues are you speaking of?

laugh.gif
again at saying that Jack was acting like a "thug" at hisinterviews.. and thats why frisco aint pick him..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nowitness, Tashard gave the Pre game speech every week at Ga Tech, and every one was like that and better.

I had them on DVD during College season but had to give them back. they showed them all on Chan Gaileys coaching show.
pimp.gif

I think I even commented on it in the old NCAA thread.

he looked like a fake #@@ TI ... 145 and your out of his weight class lol
laugh.gif
TI still might be bigger than DesSean

But like someone said durin the draft Desean & Devin Thomas were seperated at birth

and
roll.gif
@ Shannon Avy, now he all aboard the Mayo wagon

Mayo will be a beast in the league...dude has knack for the ball

has anyone signed Highsmith??? he was all ver the field at LSU

Back
Top Bottom