Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

He's playing 11 less minutes this season and still managing to shoot more threes.
laugh.gif

eek.gif

Oh my God, I'm lookin at those stats now........unreal. He's taking 3 shots a game inside the 3 point line.
sick.gif

And look at this dude's career. Never one time has he scored 20 a season. And never has he gotten more then 8 boards a season.

First 5 seasons 50 percent and above shooter, once Dunleavy got clipped and Mo Cheeks took over and Sheed ran all over him, he started doin nothin but shooting3's.
tired.gif

This man has supreme talent, and he plays like this is just sad. He INSTANTLY went from less then 1 three a game attempted to FOUR soon as Dunleavy gotclipped. Good lord.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

eek.gif
@ Thabeet scoring in two of the last three possessions
laugh.gif

eek.gif

he's actually playing like a man. he did the same thing last game against the Clippers.

i think somebody like jumped him in practice to wake his *%$ up.
roll.gif

Tyler Hansbrough
pimp.gif

I finally get why these Carolina dudes loved him... 100% effort at all times, when the man is on your squad you gotta love it..

eek.gif
eek.gif

Josh Smith with the tip dunk game winner with .7 left!

That was after we choked away a 10 point lead in the final 2 minutes, tho...

i was looking for this thread.
josh smith's game ending putback was beautiful.
hawks have been playing great. really hope they can do work in the playoffs.
the rockets play hard every night with solid defense. no way in hell bibby would have made that shot with that kind of defense.
makes me jealous, why couldnt our team do that night in and out
frown.gif

[h1]The Fabulous Forum[/h1] [h2]The who, what, where, when,
why - and why not - of L.A. sports[/h2]

« Previous Post | The Fabulous ForumHome | Next Post »
[h1]Ralph Lawler, Mike Smith suspended for tonight's Clippers telecast[/h1]
November 20, 2009 | 5:32 pm

Veteran play-by-play man Ralph Lawler and analyst Mike Smith (above, left and right) were suspended fortonight's Clippers telecast on Fox Sports Prime Ticket for comments made during Wednesday's telecast, according to sources with knowledge of thedecision but not authorized to speak publicly.

Fox issued this statement at 5:03 p.m. today: "We regret the remarks made by Clippers announcers Michael Smith and Ralph Lawlerduring Wednesday's telecast. While we believe that Michael and Ralph did not intend their exchange to be offensive, the comments were inappropriate. Weextend our apologies to Hamed Haddadi of the Memphis Grizzlies and to anyone who was offended. We have addressed the situation with Michaeland Ralph and have taken appropriate action."

Wednesday's comments came near the end of a dreary Clippers loss, 106-91, in Memphis as rookie Haddadi, a 7-foot-2 center and the firstIranian player in the NBA, came into the game.

In a 40-second exchange Lawler and Smith began talking about Haddadi. A Clippers fan who watched Wednesday's telecast complained about the verbalexchange and said he received an apology today from Fox Sports.

Here is the exchange:

Smith: "Look who's in."

Lawler: "Hamed Haddadi. Where's he from?"

Smith: "He's the first Iranian to play in the NBA." (Smith pronounced Iranian as "Eye-ranian," a pronunciation that offended theviewer who complained.)

Lawler: "There aren't any Iranian players in the NBA," repeating Smith's mispronunciation.

Smith: "He's the only one."

Lawler: "He's from Iran?"

Smith: "I guess so."

Lawler: "That Iran?"

Smith: Yes.

Lawler: "The real Iran?"

Smith: "Yes."

Lawler: "Wow. Haddadi - that's H-A-D-D-A-D-I."

Smith: "You're sure it's not Borat's older brother?"

Smith: "If they ever make a movie about Haddadi, I'm going to get Sacha Baron Cohen to play the part."
Lawler: "Here's Haddadi.Nice little back-door pass. I guess those Iranians can pass the ball."

Smith: "Especially the post players.

Lawler: "I don't know about their guards."

Stay tuned to latimes.com/sports for the full story.

[table][tr][td] Bench[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Min[/td] [td]FG[/td] [td]3Pt[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] R. Wallace
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]33:38[/td] [td]4-16[/td] [td]0-8[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
dude thinks he's Ray Allen. What a chucker
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

[h1]Rivers Tells Rasheed To Limit Threes[/h1]

Nov 20, 2009 4:11 PM EST

Wallace_Rasheed_bos.jpg
Celtics coach Doc Rivers toldforward Rasheed Wallace to stop attempting three-pointers during the team's win over the Warriors on Wednesday.

"I got on him, and I rarely do, about the threes," Rivers admitted. "Because even though he was wide open, it's really tough. I mean, hewas wide open and he took two, but we had just taken two quick ones. But he's got an incredibly high basketball IQ. He's been phenomenal in the lockerroom. So, I'm just happy to have him."

Wallace has attempted 70 three-pointers this season, hitting 31.4% of them. He's on pace for 500 attempts in 2009-10.

Via Boston Globe

laugh.gif
, and tonight he goes 0/8.

Good job Sheed.

Sheed pulled that same mess with Detroit. I remember when he was in Detroit playing Phoenix, he gave Amare serious buckets from the post.

Dude is a beast on the block, without question

laugh.gif
Sheed. I said it was comin......
laugh.gif

Good friggin lord OKC.
sick.gif
Their bench with 25 last night. Harden with25 last night, off the bench.
laugh.gif
Durant 35 6 6 and 3.
grin.gif
Gosh damn that future's bright for that team.

Big Z lightin it up.
laugh.gif

Denver and Portland.
pimp.gif

God damn with Golden St playin with 7 guys. Mikki Moore only gives them 5 minutes. ugh. But I seen Monta Ellis, that's for sure. Someone started athread lookin for him, I found dude. I chuckled at how butt hurt the Blazer announcers were the whole game. Every 15 seconds or so they kept bringing up"when Oden got that foul, the game really changed after that." lol

That 360 layup by JR was
eek.gif

Vince was exactly what we were sayin in the offseason thread. He can do things that the Magic haven't had which is take his man one on one and score. Create his own shots, etc. Hedo can't do that. But damn guys, can Dwight get some touches?

I don't usually worry about yellin at refs and what not. I'm not one of those high and mighty types that say they can't stand the NBA cuz of thecrying and all that, @#$% happens, people yell the refs, no biggie, but damn, if the Celtics are gonna be like that all year, I'm not going to watch theirgames. They are INSUFFERABLE out there. KG, Sheed, PP, Doc, Perk, House, oh my God they are annoying. I like Ray though. Dude plays and leaves it at that. I don't even wanna think what Tommy says during all those games, I would kill people havin to listen to that.
tired.gif

Who that Ilasova guy from the Bucks? I noticed him the last couple games, that kid can shoot the ball. He and Jennings pick and pops are mean spirited.

Dallas.
roll.gif
JA you funny dude. Ya'll are the 5th seed, maybe slideto the 4. I don't know why you don't listen to me.
laugh.gif

Tyreke was nice last night.
pimp.gif

Josh Smith putback was
eek.gif
Wonder how long these guys can keep that going. They have a home and home with Cleveland at the end of Dec, and then a week later they play Boston at home, @ Orlando and then @ Boston. So that will show uswhat they really got. But they don't have a single national game in Dec. That's lame. But maybe that Cleveland game will get picked up as it'son a Tuesday, looks like a fan night to me.

Back
Top Bottom