Offical Manny Pacquiao VS Ricky Hatton May 2nd 9pmET/6pmPT HBO PPV

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Pacquiao fans = Lakers Fans

smh.gif

Pacquiao fans = 97% of NTers

smokin.gif

I've read that Pacquiao started taking boxing a lot more serious these days than around the time he last lost. I think from this point going forward he isgoing to be a problem in the ring. Hopefully we can watch him take on Mayweather Jr. this year.

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

I dont see how anyone can hate on manny, I mean this guy is like the most humble human being on earth and he never talks junk bout anybody....give respect where its due man
lol you trippin, pacman was backstage talkin about how the fight was "easy" and he can fight anyone.

I don't usually visit S&T, but i came here to make this quick post. What Pacquiao is doing for all Filipinos out there including myself is justawesome. He's truly inspirational and I hope filipinos take this as inspiration, rather than another hyped up trend that you must follow in order to becool. I'm inspired.

Floyd is my dude, and Pacman is also. I'd pay to see that fight. I've never seen money fight but i heard he's great.

PS. The boxing world should be thankful. Stuff like this will bring boxing's popularity upp

Manny is just so likable. Hear him thanking everyone after the fight? He is the man. (no im not filipino)

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by 1stand15th

Chicagos Finest 23 wrote:

Lets see if pac man can hold it down being undefeated like Julio Chavez did. Then we can talk about him being the GOAT.

I'm not sure I'm understanding you. Pac-man already has 3 defeats, no? Also Julio Cesar Chavez got a GIFT draw against "Sweet Pea" Pernell Whittaker in what many people consider one of the worst decisions in boxing history
smh.gif
. Many boxing pundits, historians, etc. have gone on record and said they felt Sweet Pea was robbed.

you can also say pac man robbed JMM.
Bingo. But for the fight i figured this was gonna go down because like its been said Hatton has the same style while Manny can change it up. Hatton is just a good fighter and has problems with great fighters. As for Manny's next fight either JMM or Mayweather would be sweet but I'd preferJMM so all this talk can be put to rest (I'd think JMM would get this one). Then winner of that match would take on Mayweather or even a JMM andMayweather fight would be killer but either way boxing is finally getting a bit exciting.

Originally Posted by BCF06

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by 1stand15th

Chicagos Finest 23 wrote:

Lets see if pac man can hold it down being undefeated like Julio Chavez did. Then we can talk about him being the GOAT.

I'm not sure I'm understanding you. Pac-man already has 3 defeats, no? Also Julio Cesar Chavez got a GIFT draw against "Sweet Pea" Pernell Whittaker in what many people consider one of the worst decisions in boxing history
smh.gif
. Many boxing pundits, historians, etc. have gone on record and said they felt Sweet Pea was robbed.

you can also say pac man robbed JMM.
Bingo. But for the fight i figured this was gonna go down because like its been said Hatton has the same style while Manny can change it up. Hatton is just a good fighter and has problems with great fighters. As for Manny's next fight either JMM or Mayweather would be sweet but I'd prefer JMM so all this talk can be put to rest (I'd think JMM would get this one). Then winner of that match would take on Mayweather or even a JMM and Mayweather fight would be killer but either way boxing is finally getting a bit exciting.

I too would love to see a JMM vs. Pacquiao fight. That would definitely be entertaining. However, in an interview Nacho Beristain, JMM'strainer said that Arum avoided the possibility of a third fight, and ignored JMM's camp for a 3rd fight, so they're not going to bother lobbying foranother fight.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by Bergstyle

millions of filipinos can't be wrong... pacquiao is as invincible as anyone ever will be
indifferent.gif

Word? Marquez didn't think so...
You ride JMM as much as everyone does Pacquiao, so you doing the exact same thing, so just deal with the fact that Pacquiao is A LOT better thanyou actually give him credit for. You just a hater, PERIOD. Pacman winning is like your worst nightmares, and your posts shows it.

Originally Posted by miamib30514

wasnt son claiming hatton in 7?

now he all like i been a fan since 03 lets go pac?

wth? dude flipped the script nobody noticed.

stop preaching bo.

people need to give respect where respect is due and manny deserves respect.

ok mayweather beat hatten in 7, because he fights defensive and is a counter puncher

manny beats hatten in 2, because he goes for heads

when mayweather and manny faceoff, its going to be a good fight...it is not going to be lopsided...give respect where respect is due

mayweather is going to bring his game, manny is going to bring his game, its going to be a great fight.

on a lighter note...am i the only one that thinks hatton's wife can get it. anyone else catch HBO 24/7. she carries herself like she a freak. talkin about"her thong" and "sucking toes"....
laugh.gif
iono fam she canget it
devil.gif

43e15d4cc440f5b1faa9aa508bfb91bb1e44226.jpg

24a3549a4543c7284b88fb91b85fb6851fd2ff8.jpg

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

millions of filipinos can't be wrong... pacquiao is as invincible as anyone ever will be
indifferent.gif

You ride JMM as much as everyone does Pacquiao, so you doing the exact same thing, so just deal with the fact that Pacquiao is A LOT better than you actually give him credit for. You just a hater, PERIOD. Pacman winning is like your worst nightmares, and your posts shows it.
How do I ride JMM? By stating the fact that Pacquiao has yet to defeat him decisively? Or the fact that he's better than everyone is makinghim out to be?

Stating facts makes me a hater?

How have I hated? By stating my distaste for all these Pacquiao fanboys who don't even follow him or the sport of boxing? By being disgruntled with his outof character ducking of Marquez? I was a fan of Pacquiao when before you knew what a jab was dude...

Fall back simp.

Btw I've never taken a bit of credit away from anything Pacquiao has accomplished except for the one (VERY) questionable victory he had over Marquez inthere 2nd bout. I've followed his career long before he was a common name.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by miamib30514

wasnt son claiming hatton in 7?

now he all like i been a fan since 03 lets go pac?

wth? dude flipped the script nobody noticed.

stop preaching bo.

When was I like "lets go pac"??? Not at all did I say I'm once again a Pacman fan. I said I lost my respect for him at that 2nd bout withMarquez. I also stated I feel that Marquez is still P4P king (Not even a marquez fan, but dude is just that damn good).

Preaching? Who is preaching? If you feel like anything I'm saying is preaching hit the ignore button. Don't take me out of context if you're noteven taking the time to understand what I've been saying. Mad lil ignorant first time fight boxing fans in here.

Originally Posted by Be23ForLife

people need to give respect where respect is due and manny deserves respect.

ok mayweather beat hatten in 7 10, because he fights defensive and is a counter puncher

manny beats hatten in 2, because he goes for heads

when mayweather and manny faceoff, its going to be a good fight...it is not going to be lopsided...give respect where respect is due

mayweather is going to bring his game, manny is going to bring his game, its going to be a great fight.

on a lighter note...am i the only one that thinks hatton's wife can get it. anyone else catch HBO 24/7. she carries herself like she a freak. talkin about "her thong" and "sucking toes"....
laugh.gif
iono fam she can get it
devil.gif
Ive heard this two times already. It was the 10th round
tired.gif

indifferent.gif

You ride JMM as much as everyone does Pacquiao, so you doing the exact same thing, so just deal with the fact that Pacquiao is A LOT better than you actually give him credit for. You just a hater, PERIOD. Pacman winning is like your worst nightmares, and your posts shows it.
How do I ride JMM? By stating the fact that Pacquiao has yet to defeat him decisively? Or the fact that he's better than everyone is making him out to be?

How have I hated? By stating my distaste for all these Pacquiao fanboys who don't even follow him or the sport of boxing? By being disgruntled with his out of character ducking of Marquez? I was a fan of Pacquiao when before you knew what a jab was dude...

Fall back simp.

Btw I've never taken a bit of credit away from anything Pacquiao has accomplished except for the one (VERY) questionable victory he had over Marquez in there 2nd bout. I've followed his career long before he was a common name.
I agree Pacquiao has not beating him decisively, and the second fight couldve went EITHER way. I'm a JMM fan, but Pacman won that fightbecause of the knock down. It was very close, but how are you going to discredit him from that? The judging is completely out of his hands. If you think JMMwon that fight, thats perfectly fine. But, its clear that by reading a few of your post it seems that you think that Pacquiao is overrated, and your not givinghim the respect and credit he deserves. If you think JMM is a better boxer, great. Thats your opinion.

If you know anything about sports, you know anyone with success will have a serious fanbase. Real fans or not, Pacquaio has a whole country behind him. ThePhilippines really have no one in the mainstream, so Pacman is considered a national star. He is really that big in the Philippines, so stop acting like anboxing elitist and know it all and understand that bandwagon fans come with territory and success.

I will not comment on the fact that you knew who Pacquaio was before me, because I can actually careless if you did or not. If you discovered him before me andeveryone in this world, I dont care. I just know that I'm a boxing fan and Pacquio has bought some real excitement to the sport.

indifferent.gif

How do I ride JMM? By stating the fact that Pacquiao has yet to defeat him decisively? Or the fact that he's better than everyone is making him out to be?

How have I hated? By stating my distaste for all these Pacquiao fanboys who don't even follow him or the sport of boxing? By being disgruntled with his out of character ducking of Marquez? I was a fan of Pacquiao when before you knew what a jab was dude...

Fall back simp.

Btw I've never taken a bit of credit away from anything Pacquiao has accomplished except for the one (VERY) questionable victory he had over Marquez in there 2nd bout. I've followed his career long before he was a common name.

Why you acting like Manny be telling Bob Arum "Please Bob don't schedule me to fight JMM he's too good for me please Bob i'm beggingyou!"
smh.gif
laugh.gif
. Maybe Bob Arum or whoever feels like JMM could put up a fight, but don't be acting like Manny be dodging JMM personally.

I gotta say this.....Why you really care about all these "bandwagon" fans anyways? What'd you expect.....the PI is a 3rd world country full ofcorrupt politicians and poverty. Nobody ever expected to see a SUPERSTAR ATHLETE come out of the Philippines, and so when you combine those factors,there's is always going to be mainstream fans. Granted, there be some OD clowns on NT who be OD'ing on this Manny trip but you're a fool for eventaking them seriously in the first place.

How have I hated? By stating my distaste for all these Pacquiao fanboys who don't even follow him or the sport of boxing? By being disgruntled with his out of character ducking of Marquez? I was a fan of Pacquiao when before you knew what a jab dude...

Fall back simp.

Damn, this whole thread you been going at casual fight fans as if you were on some elite level #$%, you sound like those simps that get mad whentheir favorite indy band hits it big and goes mainstream, start talking about how you were supporting them first. Just stop! its childish. Just remember itsthe casual fan that pays for the majority of these fights. You said Pacquiao was gonna get rocked by Hatton and finished in the 7th based on your so calledboxing expertise because you're a "real" boxing fan. Pacquiao Josh Smith's your prediction and you start your rambling about your distastefor Pacquiao fanantics who are also the ones keeping your dying and beloved sport alive. And please, just end it with your lack of respect for Pacquiao'saccomplishments because of his inability to beat JMM convincingly in their two fights. Pacquiao doesn't have anything to prove in a 3rd bout with JMMbecause at the end of the day its all about $$$. Manny has to do what's financially right with this short window he has before he bounces. You think boxersput their time and body on the line for kicks or your viewing pleasure, they got a family to feed man, and for some, an enitre nation. Besides, what the $@@+did JMM do "convincingly" in his two bouts with pacman other than eat canvas 4 times and prove he's a tough SOB. JMM got lucky in the first fightwith a draw because of a judges scoring mistake, he got another chance and he didnt capitalize so what more do you want from Pacquiao. At the end of the day,its just been a pleasure seeing Pacquiao grow as a fighter, the man went from having only a lead right followed by that power left straight to being a completeboxer. I can respect that.

indifferent.gif

Fall back simp.

I agree Pacquiao has not beating him decisively, and the second fight couldve went EITHER way. I'm a JMM fan, but Pacman won that fight because of the knock down. It was very close, but how are you going to discredit him from that? The judging is completely out of his hands. If you think JMM won that fight, thats perfectly fine. But, its clear that by reading a few of your post it seems that you think that Pacquiao is overrated, and your not giving him the respect and credit he deserves. If you think JMM is a better boxer, great. Thats your opinion.

If you know anything about sports, you know anyone with success will have a serious fanbase. Real fans or not, Pacquaio has a whole country behind him. The Philippines really have no one in the mainstream, so Pacman is considered a national star. He is really that big in the Philippines, so stop acting like an boxing elitist and know it all and understand that bandwagon fans come with territory and success.

I will not comment on the fact that you knew who Pacquaio was before me, because I can actually careless if you did or not. If you discovered him before me and everyone in this world, I dont care. I just know that I'm a boxing fan and Pacquio has bought some real excitement to the sport.

How has anything I have said thus far discredited him as a boxer? I even said he could make a claim (eventually) at being one of the best light welters if hecontinues to fight well. I admitted I was wrong for picking Hatton over Pac immediately after the loss and I gave Pacman his due credit for that knockout. Iwas stunned just as much as everyone over such as everyone.

So please tell me how I have discredited him? I made my point with the Marquez thing, other than that you have no argument against me.

Also how is me being disgruntled with bandwagondry in this case any different when people got disgruntled with all the new Celtics fans? Or all the new Cowboysfans when TO came to them? Or all the new Giants fans when they beat the Patriots? They have the right to be disgruntled but I'm not? Furthermore who careswhat I really think about these bandwagoners? It seems to have gotten quite a few upset that I've made an "issue" of this. Yet its my issue, notanyone elses. If its not that big of a deal why do people keep letting it bother them? Perhaps my words carry some truth to them maybe?

Pardon me if I get a little irked that this fanbase you speak of is overdue for this guy Pac. He deserved this a long time ago. Even Marquez deserves a biggerfanbase going into the Mayweather bout. Which will probably be the first time people will actually see him fight.

I'll tell you one thing, you're not human if you're not going to be irked if you see Marquez fans show up out of nowhere if he beats Mayweather.Its disgusting when you have to deal with these types of fans. People make it into a Filipino thing, and thats fine they deserve an international icon. Its notthem I'm mad at, its these "hardcore" fans that are all so overzealous in their commentry of the guy's career. Yet they don't even knowabout his ups and downs. Guess what, I stopped being a fan of Pac because of a change in his character. I bet you'll see alot of bandwagoners jump shipwhen/if he does get beat unceremoniously, which is the the absolutely a way poorer reason to stop liking an athlete/team.

Originally Posted by yAyToNyO

How have I hated? By stating my distaste for all these Pacquiao fanboys who don't even follow him or the sport of boxing? By being disgruntled with his out of character ducking of Marquez? I was a fan of Pacquiao when before you knew what a jab dude...

Fall back simp.

Damn, this whole thread you been going at casual fight fans as if you were on some elite level #$%, you sound like those simps that get mad when their favorite indy band hits it big and goes mainstream, start talking about how you were supporting them first. Just stop! its childish. Just remember its the casual fan that pays for the majority of these fights. You said Pacquiao was gonna get rocked by Hatton and finished in the 7th based on your so called boxing expertise because you're a "real" boxing fan. Pacquiao Josh Smith's your prediction and you start your rambling about your distaste for Pacquiao fanantics who are also the ones keeping your dying and beloved sport alive. And please, just end it with your lack of respect for Pacquiao's accomplishments because of his inability to beat JMM convincingly in their two fights. Pacquiao doesn't have anything to prove in a 3rd bout with JMM because at the end of the day its all about $$$. Manny has to do what's financially right with this short window he has before he bounces. You think boxers put their time and body on the line for kicks or your viewing pleasure, they got a family to feed man, and for some, an enitre nation. Besides, what the $@@+ did JMM do "convincingly" in his two bouts with pacman other than eat canvas 4 times and prove he's a tough SOB. JMM got lucky in the first fight with a draw because of a judges scoring mistake, he got another chance and he didnt capitalize so what more do you want from Pacquiao. At the end of the day, its just been a pleasure seeing Pacquiao grow as a fighter, the man went from having only a lead right followed by that power left straight to being a complete boxer. I can respect that.

Umm how bout basically pitching a shutout (if boxing had a shutout) after being knocked down 3 times in one rnd in their 1st bout? He pretty much dominatedthat bout.

Also by many boxing experts opinions he won the 2nd fight, the judge panel must've been watching another fight because Marquez easily won more rds.Knockdowns don't always determine the winner.

^ Dude you still arguin with other folks haha. You lame +*# dude. You might as well be bi sexual you side switcher haha. To others don't worry this dudeknows everything about boxing hahah

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

indifferent.gif

Fall back simp.

Why you acting like Manny be telling Bob Arum "Please Bob don't schedule me to fight JMM he's too good for me please Bob i'm begging you!"
smh.gif
laugh.gif
. Maybe Bob Arum or whoever feels like JMM could put up a fight, but don't be acting like Manny be dodging JMM personally.

He felt like he had nothing more to prove though, which I do not believe is the case. Manny knows he didn't beat him decisively. This is the guy who iswilling to fight anybody. Why not say to a 3rd fight "why not?". He didn't exactly say "I'll fight him again". He seemed prettycontent with the idea of never having to deal with this guy Juan again.

Back
Top Bottom