Offical Nike Hypermax Thread, Tennis Balls are Dropped Did you get your pair?

Originally Posted by kb24fan

LMAO, I saw on a fake shoe site these fused with Jordan's. They looked nice, but damn, they do anything for money LOL.

I like to go to those fake sites to laugh at the terrible fakes lol.
I can't even picture how that will look in my head.....

i tried on the hypermaxes today and i wasnt impressed. the upper on the shoes was really stiff. the air max cushioning was nice but a little stiff and the shoehad zero support to it. i definitely would never pay 130 for these.

it does. how do you think i felt about all the fisher powermax and hypermax pe cw that he wore that didn't release? but i'm lucky that i gotthem...there's only one pair of powermax's road cw that i'm missing.

I read your original post wrong
embarassed.gif

Got the white/black/red ones in at work today. Look pretty nice. Can't wait to try them on and see how they feel.

Originally Posted by mt3130

i tried on the hypermaxes today and i wasnt impressed. the upper on the shoes was really stiff. the air max cushioning was nice but a little stiff and the shoe had zero support to it. i definitely would never pay 130 for these.

wow...you're analysis on the hypermax is very...
eyes.gif
but that'syour opinion. the upper and max unit is stiff at first wear, just like about every air max bball shoe that came out. air max bball cushioning are no wherelike air max running shoes (softer out the box); they get better after breaking them in. how can there be zero support? the kicks are highs and the strap (ifworn) is locks the ankle down very well. if anything, the kicks can be compared to the nike air zo hi from back in the day!!! those were very good onsupport. now, the hypermax may not be a good or even a great shoe for quick cuts or quicker players type guards or wings, but they're EXCELLEN for the 4and 5 spots. they're even great for casual wear, but that's just me...

here's one more thing that's different about these hi's compared to the ones past (ie air zo and air zoom hi). the back part of the shoe is cutlow like a mid. you can compare the height in pics i've posted in the past (ie hypermax/hyperdunk and hypermax/powermax). it's nice cause it allowsmore foot movement compared to the older models.

^lol.... yea ... the comment on the lack of support was interesting but everybody in entitled to their own opinion like you said. but the support is on point.Since its the same upper as the hyperdunk (which is pretty supportive) plus its higher and with a strap. I also agree that these are made for PFs and centers,but if youre legs are strong enough, PGs, SGs, and SFs can pull it off (I.E. D Fish). I was able to still play SG in my lebron IVs, im pretty sure i and do thesame with these.

Originally Posted by shaqrules

Originally Posted by mt3130

i tried on the hypermaxes today and i wasnt impressed. the upper on the shoes was really stiff. the air max cushioning was nice but a little stiff and the shoe had zero support to it. i definitely would never pay 130 for these.

wow...you're analysis on the hypermax is very...
eyes.gif
but that's your opinion. the upper and max unit is stiff at first wear, just like about every air max bball shoe that came out. air max bball cushioning are no where like air max running shoes (softer out the box); they get better after breaking them in. how can there be zero support? the kicks are highs and the strap (if worn) is locks the ankle down very well. if anything, the kicks can be compared to the nike air zo hi from back in the day!!! those were very good on support. now, the hypermax may not be a good or even a great shoe for quick cuts or quicker players type guards or wings, but they're EXCELLEN for the 4 and 5 spots. they're even great for casual wear, but that's just me...

here's one more thing that's different about these hi's compared to the ones past (ie air zo and air zoom hi). the back part of the shoe is cut low like a mid. you can compare the height in pics i've posted in the past (ie hypermax/hyperdunk and hypermax/powermax). it's nice cause it allows more foot movement compared to the older models.
i meant foot support...the midsole on these is completely flat. i also feel that these shoes are unnecessarily high. making shoes that go halfwayup the shin doesnt add ankle support, it further restricts the foot and ankle. i like ankle support but i also like flexibility. the thing i didnt like aboutthe hyperdunks that i immediately noticed about these was that the upper seems to flex in sections, which feels very unnatural.

and as you said, its my opinion of the shoe. im giving a perspective thats more than likely different than alot of the other views in here. but its always goodto hear both sides of the story because i may have mentioned an issue that was not previously stated that could stop someone from buying a shoe that isnt forthem. people tend to emphasize attributes of things they like and forget to mention the things they dont like/potential issues.

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

^^^ i want em also... only time will tell

I'm just afraid they're gonna be limited and I wont be able to get my hands on em and I don't wanna pay resellers price. But, I guess i'll justhave to wait and see. Man that's gonna be hard to do.
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom