Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

In a swap of former first-round picks who didn't live up to expectations, the Dallas Cowboys traded linebacker Bobby Carpenter to the St. Louis Rams for tackle Alex Barron, a source said Monday
so we trade for Flozell Adams Jr

BobGlauber

Just got off the phone with AP Sports Editor Terry Taylor. There will be a re-vote of NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year. 

Thus, the AP decides not to strip Brian Cushing of Rookie Defensive POY, but to simply vote again. Cushing still eligible

^ so who wins? orakpo or byrd..

cause i think mathews gets hurt by being guilty by association (LB from USC)

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Guilty by association?
laugh.gif

Cmon man...

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Guilty by association?
laugh.gif

Cmon man...
Seriously
laugh.gif

I disagree with taking away awards.  I'm against it when the IOC does it.  So do you take away all the awards Lawrence Taylor got over the years due to him being coked up more than half the time he was playing?

It's dumb.

Wyche: Atogwe won’t sign tender with Rams
http://blogs.nfl.com/tag/steve-wyche/ 

Safety Oshiomogho Atogwe will not sign the low tender offer from the Rams. (David Stluka / Associated Press)

Oshiomogho Atogwe is one of the more interesting names among restricted free agents. He was extended the low tender offer by the Rams, giving the team only the right of first refusal on its starting strong safety. From the outset, it was a situation we knew would reach a conclusion about now.

NFL.com senior writer Steve Wyche told “NFL Total Access

Adam_Schefter

Here it is: Brian Cushing tested positive for slightly elevated levels of hCG (a non-steroidal substance produced naturally by the body).   

More hCG: it is in seminal fluid and slightly elevated levels can be discovered in the event that a test occurs soon after ejaculation  

Flip side RT @mortreport: hCG can be produced naturally; however it is also on banned lists 'cause it is known agent during steroid cycling.

grazdanny

Re Cushing: hCG is also used after steroid cycles to restore normal testosterone production. Which is why it's on the banned list.

judybattista

hCG is a well-known masking agent. It's what Manny Ramirez got nailed for

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Guilty by association?
laugh.gif

Cmon man...
Seriously
laugh.gif

I disagree with taking away awards.  I'm against it when the IOC does it.  So do you take away all the awards Lawrence Taylor got over the years due to him being coked up more than half the time he was playing?

It's dumb.

fraij da 5 11, how is it a hard concept to figure out (i get that you're a green bay fan, but you can put your homerism aside and be realistic).. it isn't hard to think about these two very obvious things: THEY BOTH ARE LINEBACKERS and THEY BOTH WENT TO USC AT THE SAME TIME.. (which means they would have the exact same coaches, same training regimen and prob similar diets too.. not making a HUGE leap, to assume people who are voting for the award wouldn't know those things and start to speculate)

ooIRON MANoo, at no point did i ever address the issue of whether the AP is/was justified in taking away the award from CUSH.. i am very simply asking who will/would win out of orakpo and byrd (if CUSH and mathews are taken out of the equation)

but i guess i can understand how two lines can easily be misconstrued

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Let's just quit F'ing around and sign Owens too.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
the ******** are a joke ... they are putting all their eggs in this year's basket and it is going to fail miserably ... they will probably get a few more wins, they will beat the cowboys once or maybe even twice which is all the fans want, but let's be real ... this team is built for nothing ... taking everyone's cast aways and trying to revitalize their careers ... same tune every year ...

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Let's just quit F'ing around and sign Owens too.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
the ******** are a joke ... they are putting all their eggs in this year's basket and it is going to fail miserably ... they will probably get a few more wins, they will beat the cowboys once or maybe even twice which is all the fans want, but let's be real ... this team is built for nothing ... taking everyone's cast aways and trying to revitalize their careers ... same tune every year ...

Wait...but ya'll signed Keith Brooking and Zach Thomas in years past...
laugh.gif
  Even tho the Cowboys aren't in the same category as the skins, let's not pretend that they're innocent of doing the same thing...

that being said, it's no secret that the Skins RB's are old and obviously have their best days behind them.  I'm thinking that Mike Shanahan is hoping that he can get one of these guys to produce in the way(s) that both Mike Anderson and Thomas Jones did in their early 30's.  If Westbrook has his concussion issues behind him, there's no harm in brining him in for a visit.  None of these guys are long-term solutions...and I'm quite sure they'll address their needs through the draft next year.  Rome wasn't built in a day, so to say this team is built for nothing is a bit foolish.  Let's wait and see what the actual product on the field looks like before we start making conclusions. 

I do think there are a lot of question marks with this team (as with many others in the NFC East), but anything can happen once September rolls around.  

Back
Top Bottom