Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Wait...but ya'll signed Keith Brooking and Zach Thomas in years past...
laugh.gif
  Even tho the Cowboys aren't in the same category as the skins, let's not pretend that they're innocent of doing the same thing...

that being said, it's no secret that the Skins RB's are old and obviously have their best days behind them.  I'm thinking that Mike Shanahan is hoping that he can get one of these guys to produce in the way(s) that both Mike Anderson and Thomas Jones did in their early 30's.  If Westbrook has his concussion issues behind him, there's no harm in brining him in for a visit.  None of these guys are long-term solutions...and I'm quite sure they'll address their needs through the draft next year.  Rome wasn't built in a day, so to say this team is built for nothing is a bit foolish.  Let's wait and see what the actual product on the field looks like before we start making conclusions. 

I do think there are a lot of question marks with this team (as with many others in the NFC East), but anything can happen once September rolls around. 
keith and zach were solid contributors ... please dont attempt to compare them to the countless veteran failures the skins have taken on over the years ... keith was a monster last year and zach probably had one of his best years as a pro the last year with the boys ... hell even tank and pacman played well when they were on the field ...

you have a quitter in portis, a rb on one nee in parker, larry johnson who was outplayed by cedric benson and now possibly westbrook who cant get on a roster cuz his head is frail ... rock and betts are better than all of them combined ESPECIALLY in a shannanhannananan offesne ...

[h1]Ochocinco claims that the Bengals are bringing in JaMarcus Russell[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on May 11, 2010 3:37 PM ET

OCNN strikes again.

Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco, who launched the Ocho Cinco News Network last year as part of a brilliant personal marketing campaign, has dropped a very strong hint regarding the next destination of former Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell.

Ochocinco says to Russell, "I'll see you at minicamp" and then, "Oops, did I just leak that info?"  (Which is dangerously close to, "Did I do that?" . . . which makes us think that Chad perhaps should be doing the Urkel on Dancing with the Stars.)

In response, ESPN's Adam Schefter claims that the Bengals and others have called Russell, but that "there are no plans for him to be at any minicamps now."

If the Bengals sign Russell, it fits with their M.O. of finding bargains.  Though the Bengals have a franchise quarterback in Carson Palmer, some think that an elbow injury that plagued him in 2008 was still bothering him in 2009.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

^ so who wins? orakpo or byrd..

cause i think mathews gets hurt by being guilty by association (LB from USC)
Guilty by association?
laugh.gif

Cmon man...
Seriously
laugh.gif

I disagree with taking away awards.  I'm against it when the IOC does it.  So do you take away all the awards Lawrence Taylor got over the years due to him being coked up more than half the time he was playing?

It's dumb.

fraij da 5 11, how is it a hard concept to figure out (i get that you're a green bay fan, but you can put your homerism aside and be realistic).. it isn't hard to think about these two very obvious things: THEY BOTH ARE LINEBACKERS and THEY BOTH WENT TO USC AT THE SAME TIME.. (which means they would have the exact same coaches, same training regimen and prob similar diets too.. not making a HUGE leap, to assume people who are voting for the award wouldn't know those things and start to speculate)

ooIRON MANoo, at no point did i ever address the issue of whether the AP is/was justified in taking away the award from CUSH.. i am very simply asking who will/would win out of orakpo and byrd (if CUSH and mathews are taken out of the equation)

but i guess i can understand how two lines can easily be misconstrued

See my previous post in this very thread where I stated that its entirely possible that Clay has used... It is possible, yes.  But just because Cush tested positive for whatever the hell cGH is, has nothing to do with Clay, thinking otherwise is completely unfair to Clay and all 4 or 5 or 6 other LB's on USC's roster.

Sure I hope Clay did not use or at least that he doesn't in the future and negatively affect the team if he were to get caught doing so, but Im not naive enough to think its not possible.  I just find "guilt by association" in this situation to be absurd.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

See my previous post in this very thread where I stated that its entirely possible that Clay has used... It is possible, yes.  But just because Cush tested positive for whatever the hell cGH is, has nothing to do with Clay, thinking otherwise is completely unfair to Clay and all 4 or 5 or 6 other LB's on USC's roster.

Sure I hope Clay did not use or at least that he doesn't in the future and negatively affect the team if he were to get caught doing so, but Im not naive enough to think its not possible.  I just find "guilt by association" in this situation to be absurd.

what exactly makes it absurd?

He plays an extremely physical game that requires strength, speed and quickness.. MANY players that play that game have been caught taking various substances that they should not have been taking.. USC and its players have been accused of some very unetithical behavior recently (not saying guilty, but accused).. NOW a player that played the same position, at the same time and at the same place as mathews was caught taking something deemed to be illegal by the NFL.. and you think it's "absurd" to think that journalist will not connect the dots and question mathews as well?

journalist are trained to be investigative.. it's how most of them make money (why do you think there are so many paparazzi)..

and I never said what mathews did or didn't do.. just pointing out that people will ask questions and be sceptical.. thus causing mathews to lose votes (cause do they really want to go through the ordeal of having someone who is on something win AGAIN).. sooooooooooooooo i think he will he will suffer for his association to CUSH (hence guilty by association)

would you even care if mathews played for some other team?

laugh.gif
whatever, this argument makes no progress for anyone so im not even going to continue... He only got like 3 or 4 votes the first time anyways and Cushing is just gonna win it again so bringing the DROY voting into it is pointless.

Clay just got them HOF genes as far as im concerned at this point
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

/discussion

fraij da 5 11,
to be honest.. i don't care what anyone is or isn't on.. if them dudes want to pump that stuff into their bodies, all power to them..

however, having played numerous sports all my life (including football).. plenty of dudes are taking plenty of stuff from extremely young ages..

soo my problem is simply, why do you think it is absurd that people will question mathews?

Sad to hear about Limas, it seemed like he was really coming in with a good attitude and trying to make a fresh start. He won't be with the team next year (at least I'd be very surprised)

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Let's just quit F'ing around and sign Owens too.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
the ******** are a joke ... they are putting all their eggs in this year's basket and it is going to fail miserably ... they will probably get a few more wins, they will beat the cowboys once or maybe even twice which is all the fans want, but let's be real ... this team is built for nothing ... taking everyone's cast aways and trying to revitalize their careers ... same tune every year ...

laugh.gif
  Even tho the Cowboys aren't in the same category as the skins, let's not pretend that they're innocent of doing the same thing...

that being said, it's no secret that the Skins RB's are old and obviously have their best days behind them.  I'm thinking that Mike Shanahan is hoping that he can get one of these guys to produce in the way(s) that both Mike Anderson and Thomas Jones did in their early 30's.  If Westbrook has his concussion issues behind him, there's no harm in brining him in for a visit.  None of these guys are long-term solutions...and I'm quite sure they'll address their needs through the draft next year.  Rome wasn't built in a day, so to say this team is built for nothing is a bit foolish.  Let's wait and see what the actual product on the field looks like before we start making conclusions. 

I do think there are a lot of question marks with this team (as with many others in the NFC East), but anything can happen once September rolls around.  

I'm fine with what we're doing because we aren't placing all our hopes on these veteran guys and we aren't overpaying them. Their contracts are very safe for the organization to get rid of. I'm assuming we are gonna draft an RB next year (at least I'd hope).

Being a complete homer but also at the same time trying to be unbiased,
laugh.gif
I really think the Skins should draft Ryan Williams. Shifty guy with excellent change of direction, great vision and hits the hole hard. He always gets a ton of yards after contact, has pretty good speed and is a great receiver on screens and in the flats. Also not that other RB's next year won't fit this same criteria, but I know for sure that Ryan is a great character guy who LOVES football to death and has one of the best work ethics on the team. He was injury prone in HS but if he makes it through this year unscathed I'd put those concerns behind him. Hopefully the Skins get him.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Let's just quit F'ing around and sign Owens too.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
the ******** are a joke ... they are putting all their eggs in this year's basket and it is going to fail miserably ... they will probably get a few more wins, they will beat the cowboys once or maybe even twice which is all the fans want, but let's be real ... this team is built for nothing ... taking everyone's cast aways and trying to revitalize their careers ... same tune every year ...

laugh.gif

I'm fine with what we're doing because we aren't placing all our hopes on these veteran guys and we aren't overpaying them. Their contracts are very safe for the organization to get rid of. I'm assuming we are gonna draft an RB next year (at least I'd hope).

Being a complete homer but also at the same time trying to be unbiased,
laugh.gif
I really think the Skins should draft Ryan Williams. Shifty guy with excellent change of direction, great vision and hits the hole hard. He always gets a ton of yards after contact, has pretty good speed and is a great receiver on screens and in the flats. Also not that other RB's next year won't fit this same criteria, but I know for sure that Ryan is a great character guy who LOVES football to death and has one of the best work ethics on the team. He was injury prone in HS but if he makes it through this year unscathed I'd put those concerns behind him. Hopefully the Skins get him.
pimp.gif

yessir! 

pimp.gif

yessir! 

Given your penchant for predicting when VT players will be drafted in the first round, (your boy Boone is gonna be an O-lineman down in Tampa!) where you think RW will go?

I thought I heard Kiper or McShay had him 15 overall on the early big board for next year.

Given your penchant for predicting when VT players will be drafted in the first round, (your boy Boone is gonna be an O-lineman down in Tampa!) where you think RW will go?

I thought I heard Kiper or McShay had him 15 overall on the early big board for next year.
well considering the skins will have a top 5 pick, you better hope he drops to the second round ... but then again, you may not have a second round pick so maybe he has a horrible year and drops to the 4th ...
wink.gif

Originally Posted by h3at23

Adam_Schefter

Here it is: Brian Cushing tested positive for slightly elevated levels of hCG (a non-steroidal substance produced naturally by the body).   

More hCG: it is in seminal fluid and slightly elevated levels can be discovered in the event that a test occurs soon after ejaculation  

Flip side RT @mortreport: hCG can be produced naturally; however it is also on banned lists 'cause it is known agent during steroid cycling.

grazdanny

Re Cushing: hCG is also used after steroid cycles to restore normal testosterone production. Which is why it's on the banned list.

judybattista

hCG is a well-known masking agent. It's what Manny Ramirez got nailed for
all Cush had to do was resist smashing or fapping for like 2 weeks before his test, and this would of never came up 
laugh.gif

larry johnson who was outplayed by cedric benson

He was never brought in to compete with Cedric Benson.. It was more for insurance in case Benson got hurt since he had a career high for carries. He showed that he still has something left in the tank though for sure.

soo my problem is simply, why do you think it is absurd that people will question mathews?
Again, never said anything about questioning him for using... Just that your main argument is that he played LB for USC the same time that Brian Cushing played LB for USC.

pimp.gif

yessir! 

laugh.gif
I'll never live that down...

Williams, IMO is the 2nd best RB in the 2011 class behind Ingram.  He'll go in that 15-25 range....

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Originally Posted by h3at23

Adam_Schefter

Here it is: Brian Cushing tested positive for slightly elevated levels of hCG (a non-steroidal substance produced naturally by the body).   

More hCG: it is in seminal fluid and slightly elevated levels can be discovered in the event that a test occurs soon after ejaculation  

Flip side RT @mortreport: hCG can be produced naturally; however it is also on banned lists 'cause it is known agent during steroid cycling.

grazdanny

Re Cushing: hCG is also used after steroid cycles to restore normal testosterone production. Which is why it's on the banned list.

judybattista

hCG is a well-known masking agent. It's what Manny Ramirez got nailed for
all Cush had to do was resist smashing or fapping for like 2 weeks before his test, and this would of never came up 
laugh.gif

You dont think he tested because of a sexaul act do you?! Forgive me if you were being sarcastic, my meter is malfuntioning
laugh.gif

Speaking of Ben finished his behavior evaluations, now waits to see when he can return to training with the team

Its dumb for the AP to revote, if i remeber correctly Peppers tested that late in his first season and STILL won it......

he had like 12 sacks thru 12 games......

it doesnt matter though, the same time around it was a blow out, hes still gonna win this time, it may be a little bit closer...

Texans
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

the difference is, the AP voted for Peppers while knowing Peppers had a positive test for ephedra.

They didnt have access to the knowledge of Cush and his cycle on and off

Look for Lattimore to be real mediocre without his goodies.
Hope he's got some good chemists on his team who got the latest undetectable PEDs.

Still
laugh.gif
to me that Merriman had 17.5 sacks in 12 games back when he got busted for roids....dude was putting in WORK
roll.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Look for Lattimore to be real mediocre without his goodies.
Hope he's got some good chemists on his team who got the latest undetectable PEDs.
Ju' no like the prospects of 'Normal' Cushing? I think buddy can still be productive.

And yeah, Pep was a little bit different, because he was actually suspended for 4 games that year when he won the ROY.

Back
Top Bottom