Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

As bad as Jake D. has been the past couple years, he's always been a stand up dude. Always accountable for his play....

I understand the Lions wanted a Vet WR but Burleson for 25 Mil. I dont understand that one.

what the Lions wanted was a WR with speed who could be accounted for to lift the all the attention that was thrown CJ's way last year, and Bryant Johnson flopped (might be released).

...dont think Nate Burleson is capable of that tho, his career year was 6 years ago. But I think they're banking on how bad SEA's QB situation was last year and thinking with that he still managed to put up solid #2 option numbers anyway, so let's roll the dice. Eh...really like their other moves though, especially Corey Williams. He was used wrong in Cleveland.

There's talk now that with the Williams & Kyle moves, they might snatch Eric Berry up....they're also tryna get one of Carolina's RB's...

Originally Posted by JPZx

If I'm being serious though, I really would rather have Thomas Jones as a backup rather than Tomlinson

14 TDs, 1400 yards last year for TJ...he's obviously still got a lot left in the tank even though there is a lot of tread on the tires. Just two fumbles last season too, would be a GREAT change of pace back to AP. I'm not sure how well he would take being a backup though even with splitting time w/ Greene near the end in NY.

I also like Sproles too but by reports it sounds like SD is hanging on to him.

Order I would prefer:

Thomas Jones > Darren Sproles > Ladanian Tomlinson > Brian Westbrook

By a long shot

^ Obviously, and I just wanted to make that clear since I posted the picture of LT/AP and people told me that wouldn't work. It's not like that would be my first choice

Originally Posted by franchise3

Big Ben accused of sexual assault. ...again

Let's see how ESPN reports/don't report this one

eek.gif
  Where is this at?

Sounding like Okung is going to be the guy Detroit looks at #2 now. Love it. Move Backus inside to LG and that becomes a much better OL. It should be quite a few options for Detroit from now until the 22nd. Now with 2 very solid DL's, we can look into trading down since the need for DT is a little less now.
As bad as I want Suh, I have to agree that trading down a few spots and taking Okung would be our best bet. Just please get Backus out of that LT spot.

But the idea of a Delmas/Berry secondary sounds too amazing.. aah the possibilities!

Originally Posted by Kalamazoo52

Sounding like Okung is going to be the guy Detroit looks at #2 now. Love it. Move Backus inside to LG and that becomes a much better OL. It should be quite a few options for Detroit from now until the 22nd. Now with 2 very solid DL's, we can look into trading down since the need for DT is a little less now.
As bad as I want Suh, I have to agree that trading down a few spots and taking Okung would be our best bet. Just please get Backus out of that LT spot.

But the idea of a Delmas/Berry secondary sounds too amazing.. aah the possibilities!
Agreed. Berry for the Lions would be ideal for me but getting some blind side protection for Matty is what I want first and foremost. If they work out Okung and he is legit, I would have no qualms taking him. Should have done it with Oher last year but hopefully Petti can get healthy and become a threat even if he is slow. 

[h1]Finally, Browns and Cribbs strike a new deal[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on March 5, 2010 3:30 PM ET

After weeks and months of stress and strain and accusations and frustrations, Browns receiver, running back, quarterback, kickoff returner, punt returner, and all-around warrior Josh Cribbs is finally a man.

A man who has been paid.

A league source tells us that the three remaining years on Cribbs' contract have been replaced with a new deal that includes $7 million in guaranteed money.  (Some of that money isn't guaranteed in the traditional sense, but as a practical matter it will be earned.)

The full value, we're told, of the three years exceeds $18 million, if Cribbs continues to play like he has.  And that's more than Bears overrated returner/underperforming receiver Devin Hester will make over the next three seasons.

The negotiation was a challenge, we're told, because of the 30-percent rule.  Still, both sides worked through the issues and worked out a new deal.

The problem arose because Cribbs signed a long-term deal too early in his career, before he became a star player.  Once he did, he hired a new agent and tried in earnest to get a new contract.

So rejoice, Cleveland.  The best player on your team will be present and happy for the next three years.

Originally Posted by h3at23

[h1]Finally, Browns and Cribbs strike a new deal[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on March 5, 2010 3:30 PM ET

After weeks and months of stress and strain and accusations and frustrations, Browns receiver, running back, quarterback, kickoff returner, punt returner, and all-around warrior Josh Cribbs is finally a man.

A man who has been paid.

A league source tells us that the three remaining years on Cribbs' contract have been replaced with a new deal that includes $7 million in guaranteed money.  (Some of that money isn't guaranteed in the traditional sense, but as a practical matter it will be earned.)

The full value, we're told, of the three years exceeds $18 million, if Cribbs continues to play like he has.  And that's more than Bears overrated returner/underperforming receiver Devin Hester will make over the next three seasons.

The negotiation was a challenge, we're told, because of the 30-percent rule.  Still, both sides worked through the issues and worked out a new deal.

The problem arose because Cribbs signed a long-term deal too early in his career, before he became a star player.  Once he did, he hired a new agent and tried in earnest to get a new contract.

So rejoice, Cleveland.  The best player on your team will be present and happy for the next three years.

The @#$%? 

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kalamazoo52

You guys are CRAZY, I swear if Detroit doesn't draft Suh or McCoy I might just give up on this damn team.  They need to develop a pass rush, Corey Williams isn't the answer at DT.  For Vanden Bosh to excel the Lions need to put a solid tackle in there that is going to garner alot of attention.  As bad as the O-Line is, that can be addressed in later rounds.  You guys are talking about passing up on 2 players that are obviously the best players in the draft.  Luckily Schwartz is a defensive coach, and I think he realizes that it doesn't matter how good your O-Line is, if your defense can't stop anyone you aren't going to win games.  Best thing to do is take the best player this year(Suh or McCoy) make big strides on improving the defense and see how that works out and if they can at least keep games close for the offense to have a shot.  Then if it doesnt work out with a late round O-lineman, next years draft use a first round pick on one(but pick the best one available at that spot, instead of pulling a Rod Marinelli and picking the 3rd best still up on the board).

[h1]Ben Roethlisberger Accused of Sexual Assault[/h1]
Posted Mar 5th 2010 3:15PM by TMZ Staff

0305_ben_roethlisberger_getty_95606888_ex2.jpg
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual assault by a young woman in Georgia, TMZ has learned.

The alleged incident occurred early this morning at Capital City -- a club in Milledgeville, Georgia.

According to law enforcement sources, the alleged victim -- who has already been interviewed by police -- was treated at a local hospital and released.

We're told in addition to the alleged victim, witnesses are being interviewed -- and one law enforcement source says they will attempt to interview Roethlisberger.

In addition to the Milledgeville Police Dept, we've learned the Georgia Bureau of Investigations is also investigating.

As we previously reported, Roethlisberger is being sued by a Reno woman, Andrea McNulty, who claims the QB sexually assaulted her in 2008.

UPDATE: We're told Roethlisberger has already been interviewed by police. We're also told no formal charges have been filed at this point.

UPDATE 3:30 PM EST: A rep from the Steelers tells TMZ, "We are gathering information on this incident - until then we have no further comment."

Good. I do not care for Big Ben. Always thought he came off as an arrogant bastard. Dude needs to clam the eff down though

On second thought, I should probably pull that back. I know a lot of females in Milledgeville...

Still, I can't fathom why Ben would be in that %#*! bar in that nowhere town.

Back
Top Bottom