Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

Larry Foote and Joey Porter both need to be signed by AZ.
 Stop being Pittsburgh West!!!!
laugh.gif

Foote may be back with Pitt actually.  We shall see though

and the packers are gonna unveil their throwback uniforms from the 1920's on friday

this should be interesting

Marlin Jackson visiting with the Jets.
Always liked this guy as a Wolverine, hopefully he gets back to his ways.
Most likely will be in the nickel/dime package... or even at FS at times.

And now some parting shots from the Cardinals newest Safety, Kerry Rhodes:

In an interview this afternoon with Michael Kay on ESPN radio, former Jets S Kerry Rhodes unloaded on his old team.

Basically, Rhodes said the defensive coaching staff played favorites, giving their former Raven players more opportunities than him to make plays. He took that as "a slap in the face." He also accused the coaches of not making him feel comfortable, and he ripped the organization for a smear campaign, claiming it leaked stuff about him being too preoccupied with his off-the-field interests.

"The D coordinator and the rest of those guys didn't feel like I was the focal point -- or one of the focal points -- on the defense," Rhodes said. "It was more like, 'Oh, we brought in our guys ... and our guys know the system, so we're going to let them run things and you guys just learn it and fill in with them,'" Rhodes said. "To me, it doesn't work that way. Not to sound arrogant, but I've always been the guy that coaches would say, 'Okay, you run the defense, you help them get lined up and make plays. It was kind of a slap in the face."

Obviously, Rhodes was referring to Bart Scott, Jim Leonhard and Marques Douglas, the former Ravens. But if Rhodes' theory is right, how do you explain that the two best defensive players -- Darrelle Revis and David Harris -- were holdovers from the previous staff?

"In the beginning, they didn't make me feel the way I think you should make people feel," Rhodes said. "It just didn't work."

Rhodes seemed particularly offended by those who have questioned his commitment to football. Coordinator Mike Pettine, who clashed with Rhodes, said after Rhodes' benching that he wanted the safety to spend more time at the facility.

"Ridiculous," Rhodes said. "It's an easy way to place blame or shift the situation to something you want it geared to ... Whenever you have something that's not going the way you think it should, people always try to lay blame. I guess some stuff was said. I was an easy target. I was an easy scapegoat for somebody to say, 'He's worried about other stuff. He's not putting his all into it and doing what he should be doing on the field.' It gave those guys an easy way out, just to blame it on that.

"To hear that stuff kind of bothers me, but I never let it be known until now."

Rhodes didn't buy the Jets' rationale for making the trade. He said GM Mike Tannenbaum told him they needed extra draft picks.

"They told me I was the only player they could use to get picks," Rhodes said. "I still take that as an excuse. You can get picks for anybody. You can get picks for Mark Sanchez if you want them, but he's still there."

My take: For the first 10 games, Rhodes had as many interceptions, sacks, forced fumbles and fumble recoveries as I did -- zip. He fell out of favor with this coaching staff and, although Eric Mangini never will admit it publicly, he, too, was down on Rhodes and regrets the long-term extension he gave him in 2008.

Is it a coincidence that Rhodes failed to live up to the expectations of two entirely different coaching staffs? I think you know the answer to that question.

By the way, Browns S Brodney Pool will make a free-agent visit Wednesday to the Jets. He's a restricted free agent, but didn't receive a tender and it free to sign with no compensation owed to the Browns.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif
@ this guy's ego...

You got ALL KINDS of people wanting to play for Rex & Mike, but this is only dummy (minus Channing Crowder) that has a problem with the coaching staff.

I had held out hope for Kerry, but if this guy is really that egotistical, good !$@!%@% riddance.

Marlin Jackson visiting with the Jets.
Always liked this guy as a Wolverine, hopefully he gets back to his ways.
Most likely will be in the nickel/dime package... or even at FS at times.
sick.gif
torn ACL's in each knee (Jackson) or 4 concussions in 5 years (Pool).... Hopefully its just due diligence
ohwell.gif

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter
Adam_Schefter Sounds like anyonewaiting for Cincinnati to pick its new WR tonight - A. Bryant, T.O. orB. Marshall - can resume the hunt Wednesday.
Does that mean Cincinnati isn't going after any of them?
Adam_Schefter Filed to ESPN:Tennessee signed former Rams and Eagles LB Will Witherspoon with a3-year, $11 million deal that includes $5 million gtd.
ProFootballTalk: Derek Anderson says "ruthless" Browns fans "don't deserve a winner"
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Adam_Schefter Sounds like anyone waiting for Cincinnati to pick its new WR tonight - A. Bryant, T.O. or B. Marshall - can resume the hunt Wednesday.

Well, Bryant visited today and left town without a contract. They said on the local news he was looking for $8 mil a year.
sick.gif

TO arrived tonight and had dinner with the coaching staff, and is taking a tour of the stadium tomorrow.

Nothing new mith Marshall.

I expect TO to be a Bengal by tomorrow afternoon.

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Adam_Schefter Sounds like anyone waiting for Cincinnati to pick its new WR tonight - A. Bryant, T.O. or B. Marshall - can resume the hunt Wednesday.

Well, Bryant visited today and left town without a contract. They said on the local news he was looking for $8 mil a year.
sick.gif

TO arrived tonight and had dinner with the coaching staff, and is taking a tour of the stadium tomorrow.

Nothing new mith Marshall.

I expect TO to be a Bengal by tomorrow afternoon.

They ate a Jeff Rubys' place...

He was @ Jeff Ruby's tonight having dinner w/ Marvin. Some dude brought his popcorn up to TO to sign, and Owens was all smiles. They were overheard talking about how good the defense was going to be this year, etc.
From Twitter:

terrellowens @OGOchoCinco Holy dancing shoes Robin/Roker!! How's the rehearsals goin out there? Should i call u Robin, Roker or Ochocinco?

terrellowens @OGOchoCinco Holy macadamian nuts Robin or Roker!! I got a meet & greet 2morr w/the owner, wr coach & OC. My days starts @ 745am Roker!

OGOchoCinco @terrellowens wait a minute i am ROBIN and the JOKER rolled in one, so my name is ROKER<--%+@?

laugh.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif
Bryant out of his mind. I know he played with a terrible offense, but there's no way in hell Mike Brown is giving him 8 mill. I guess TO is our short term answer as a deep threat. Ryan Fitzpatrick was pretty adamant in an article on Bengals.com saying that TO can still flat out run by guys. Still need to make moves in the draft for a WR in the second round.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

TO still got a good amount left in that tank...

Unfortunately, Carson Palmer isn't a good QB either...

I don't agree with that at all. He may not be the Palmer that he showed in his first few years, but he still has the ability to be a good QB. He had no help at the WR/TE position last year outside of Chad, and the offense was geared towards running the ball. That's what wins the AFCN. I hope that this year we'll see a different Palmer with added threats catching the ball.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

TO still got a good amount left in that tank...

Unfortunately, Carson Palmer isn't a good QB either...

To keep it 100, I don't expect the Bengals to have over 6 wins next year.
Do me a favor? Headbutt the wall until it says "ouch".
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Bryant out of his mind. I know he played with a terrible offense, but there's no way in hell Mike Brown is giving him 8 mill. I guess TO is our short term answer as a deep threat. Ryan Fitzpatrick was pretty adamant in an article on Bengals.com saying that TO can still flat out run by guys. Still need to make moves in the draft for a WR in the second round.
With the 21st pick, is it really worth it to stay right there? Who can really fill our needs at that spot?

Honestly, I'd rather trade for more picks or players. Like if we can get Greg Olsen and some extras, that would really help us. Or trade with someone who has a few 2nd rounders.

laugh.gif
 Let me get this str8, TO is the new guy on the team and he's batman?

...........I like it!!!

If they were downtown they should've gone to The Precinct instead, best Ruby restaurant in my opinion....

Seriously though I'm guessing he signs today

If they were downtown they should've gone to The Precinct instead, best Ruby restaurant in my opinion....

Seriously though I'm guessing he signs today

Back
Top Bottom