Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

I like what the ******** are doing, but all you hype-trains should listen to Gift. He at least has intelligent hindsight about the situation and isn't too caught up in the initial hype.

Having said that, the NFC East has gotten that much more interesting. I'll be pulling for McNabb, because I like these kind of stories, but both the Cowboys and Giants aren't going anywhere, and we have no idea how the Eagles will be at this point.

I live in the DMV I really don't hear people talkin SB. The most outlandish thing I heard was winning the division.

Maybe I need to put my ear to the streets more *kanye shrug*

[h1]D.A. to announce decision in Roethlisberger case on Monday[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on April 9, 2010 11:25 AM ET

On Thursday, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette suggested that a decision as to whether Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will face sexual assault charges could be months away.

As it turns out, a decision has been made in less than a week.

Per multiple reports, Ocmulgee (Ga.) Judicial Circuit District Attorney Fred Bright will unveil his intended course of action three days from today.

"The investigation, interviews and report in the Roethlisberger matter have completed and reviewed," Bright said, per the Milledgeville Union-Recorder.  "We will be announcing the decision in this case at a news conference to be held on Monday, April 12, 2010 at 2 p.m. in the Baldwin County Courthouse."

Typically, state-court prosecutors don't hold press conferences to explain that charges won't be filed.  Prosecutors are typically elected, and the victim typically is a voter.  It would make no sense, in our view, for Bright to essentially declare to the world via press conference that he doesn't believe the alleged victim's account, which thereby will alienate the alleged victim and her family -- and create a cluster of folks motivated to recruit and support an opponent the next time Bright runs for re-election.  If, on the other hand, Bright will announce an intention to pursue an indictment, he won't have to worry about ticking off any members of the electorate, since Roethsliberger doesn't live there.

Bright, a Democrat, faced no opposition in the 2008 general election; he has occupied the position since at least 2005.  If the office holds (as it typically does) a four-year term, Bright would be up for re-election again in 2012, assuming that he plans to run and that no term limits apply.

Regardless of whether he'll be running again in as little as two years, Bright's position is, at a certain level, inherently political.  And it simply wouldn't be politically prudent to hold a press conference aimed at telling the world that one of the locals is lying.

Also, the fact that Roethlisberger has opted not to submit to a follow up interview leaves Bright with a potentially skewed version of the facts.  If he believes the alleged victim's account, and if Roethlisberger has said nothing that plausibly contradicts her, there's no reason to do anything other than pursue an indictment.

probably won't happen but just passing along something that's been talked about on the bucs forum the past couple days..
Originally Posted by Axel Freed 

I'm not going to make a thread like Jawbreaker would.......

but, a little birdie....Who is really close to Rah....

Says a trade for Brandon Marshall is very, very likely.

That's all I'm saying....

And I ain't BSing

Originally Posted by h3at23

[h1]D.A. to announce decision in Roethlisberger case on Monday[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on April 9, 2010 11:25 AM ET

On Thursday, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette suggested that a decision as to whether Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will face sexual assault charges could be months away.

As it turns out, a decision has been made in less than a week.

Per multiple reports, Ocmulgee (Ga.) Judicial Circuit District Attorney Fred Bright will unveil his intended course of action three days from today.

"The investigation, interviews and report in the Roethlisberger matter have completed and reviewed," Bright said, per the Milledgeville Union-Recorder.  "We will be announcing the decision in this case at a news conference to be held on Monday, April 12, 2010 at 2 p.m. in the Baldwin County Courthouse."

Typically, state-court prosecutors don't hold press conferences to explain that charges won't be filed.  Prosecutors are typically elected, and the victim typically is a voter.  It would make no sense, in our view, for Bright to essentially declare to the world via press conference that he doesn't believe the alleged victim's account, which thereby will alienate the alleged victim and her family -- and create a cluster of folks motivated to recruit and support an opponent the next time Bright runs for re-election.  If, on the other hand, Bright will announce an intention to pursue an indictment, he won't have to worry about ticking off any members of the electorate, since Roethsliberger doesn't live there.

Bright, a Democrat, faced no opposition in the 2008 general election; he has occupied the position since at least 2005.  If the office holds (as it typically does) a four-year term, Bright would be up for re-election again in 2012, assuming that he plans to run and that no term limits apply.

Regardless of whether he'll be running again in as little as two years, Bright's position is, at a certain level, inherently political.  And it simply wouldn't be politically prudent to hold a press conference aimed at telling the world that one of the locals is lying.

Also, the fact that Roethlisberger has opted not to submit to a follow up interview leaves Bright with a potentially skewed version of the facts.  If he believes the alleged victim's account, and if Roethlisberger has said nothing that plausibly contradicts her, there's no reason to do anything other than pursue an indictment.

Makes you wonder if there really is going to be charges pressed against big ben....if it was as simple as the charges being dropped, why wouldn't they just do that already? 

This looks weird :

15gur21.jpg

Adam_Schefter

After speaking with people involved in case, it is opinion of ESPN's Roger Cossack that Ben Roethlisberger won't be arrested or indicted.

yuku better not be acting up like this during the draft

Rumor....look into this how little, or how much you want

Lavar Arrington on his radio show today was talking about the Lions being trading partners w. the Skins for Albert Haynesworth. What it would be is AH for the Lions #2 straight up. The Lions (Ford family) are notoriously cheap and would probably balk at having to pay a DT like Suh or McCoy the money that a top #2 pick would make (remember...they shelled out BIG bucks for Stafford last year). Anyways...the Skins would have to eat the 21 million they would owe Haynesworth, so he would end up going to the Lions at a fraction of the cost that it would if they were to bring in Suh or McCoy. Haynesworth solves their DT problems they've had since Shaun Rogers left to go to the Browns. Skins would have the #2 and #4 overall picks....They can draft a QB (Bradford) and take a OT (Okung, Bulaga, Williams, etc etc....) within the first 5 picks....OR....if Bradford is there at #2, they could entertain trade offers and recoup some of their other picks that were lost....

very interesting.

Js they got that from an email from a listener/viewer of the show and just ran with it
laugh.gif
(I was listening)...I don't believe for a second the Lions would give us the # 2 overall (No matter how cheap they are)...it'd put us in a dream scenario if it were too happen though.

From Comcasts Twitter :

26 mins ago
RT @DCFanaticRadio: Wow. Aikman says he's 'heard' Cowboys will open season on road in Washington! On Dallas 103.3 ESPN radio just now.
God knows I haven't forgetten the last time we opened the season vs them in Fedex
mad.gif

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Js they got that from an email from a listener/viewer of the show and just ran with it
laugh.gif
(I was listening)...I don't believe for a second the Lions would give us the # 2 overall (No matter how cheap they are)...it'd put us in a dream scenario if it were too happen though.

From Comcasts Twitter :

26 mins ago
RT @DCFanaticRadio: Wow. Aikman says he's 'heard' Cowboys will open season on road in Washington! On Dallas 103.3 ESPN radio just now.
God knows I haven't forgetten the last time we opened the season vs them in Fedex
mad.gif

laugh.gif
I tuned in a little ways in...I had no clue it was from a listener
roll.gif
honestly....they stayed on this topic for over an hour.  I thought the rumor had some legs....

An interesting (and I think realistic) scenario I read over on ES (In this thread) :

Jim Miller host of Late Hits on Sirius NFL radio said he has heard RUMORS the Vikings could be interested in AH they have the 30th overall pick and are looking to add a DT due to the ages of the Williams brothers. Just something to consider..

RyGuy would Love this...

[h2] In Mad Rush To Be 1st, ESPN Botches The Details[/h2]
Posted by Brooks on Apr. 09, 2010, 8:04pm

In a series of conflicting reports Friday, ESPN claimed Ben Roethlisberger will not be charged by Georgia authorities for sexual assault stemming from an incident at a Milledgeville, GA. bar on March 5.

(Why Suddenly Block Sharing? #rhetorical)

Between 7-8pm ET on Friday, an ESPN News anchor reported of ESPN legal analyst Roger Cossack:
“ESPN legal analyst Roger Cossack told me earlier that based on his legal expertise and sources familiar with the case, charges would not be filed.

ESPN.
laugh.gif

smh.gif

I wonder how they'll spin if their is "source" is wrong?

Haynesworth to the Jets looks
eek.gif
 on paper but could he and Jenkins play together? And LT looks weird as hell in that Jets uniform.

Well its obivious he wont be charged because you dont have a news conference to charge a guy, you just charge him. They are holding a press ocnference to explain why they arent charging him. I didnt have to go to Harvard Law School to know that.

if haynesworth goes to the jets ...
eek.gif

roth ... he should get at least a 4 game suspension ... but watch nothing happen to him ...

Originally Posted by TheGift23

An interesting (and I think realistic) scenario I read over on ES (In this thread) :

Jim Miller host of Late Hits on Sirius NFL radio said he has heard RUMORS the Vikings could be interested in AH they have the 30th overall pick and are looking to add a DT due to the ages of the Williams brothers. Just something to consider..

No reason it shouldn't happen if it's that possible. Vikings won't get anywhere near the production of an AH with the 30th pick. Especially because their window is right now.

AH to the jets? isnt it known that AH doesnt like the 3-4?

im assuming he would be the NT and Jenkins the End...........

I dont see lions doing #2 for AH straight up.... while they said they might take Suh/Mcoy they also said they may trade down and grab an OL....

And i dont care what anyone says, the Rams are takin sam bradford, all this smoke their blowing talking about they may or may not is BS.....

Back
Top Bottom