Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

I believe it is safe to assume that Charles "Blow Eeeeyday" Rogers doesnt have $6.1 million lying around.

smh.gif
McNabb lookin like The Head Detective from In Living Color during that pc.

[h1]At three years and $16 million, Haynesworth contract is now very tradeable[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on April 6, 2010 11:03 PM ET

With the ******** paying defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth a $21 million bonus last week, we're told that the practical length and value of his contract is three years, $16 million, with $9 million guaranteed.

As a league source opined, "Every team in the NFL would have interest in that."

The question is whether and to what extent the ******** would want reimbursement of the money paid last week.  And that question depends on whether the ******** prefer cash or draft picks -- and whether the teams that want him are willing to give up cash or draft picks. 

In our view, coach Mike Shanahan likely would prefer to stockpile picks.

We've confirmed that the ******** definitely attempted to trade Haynesworth before the $21 million payment came due.  Others have reported that the efforts continue, with the Titans and Rams the teams most frequently mentioned.  Now that the financial package has been reduced to a ridiculously affordable $16 million over three years, someone will bite if the price is right.

Originally Posted by h3at23

[h1]At three years and $16 million, Haynesworth contract is now very tradeable[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on April 6, 2010 11:03 PM ET

With the ******** paying defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth a $21 million bonus last week, we're told that the practical length and value of his contract is three years, $16 million, with $9 million guaranteed.

As a league source opined, "Every team in the NFL would have interest in that."

The question is whether and to what extent the ******** would want reimbursement of the money paid last week.  And that question depends on whether the ******** prefer cash or draft picks -- and whether the teams that want him are willing to give up cash or draft picks. 

In our view, coach Mike Shanahan likely would prefer to stockpile picks.

We've confirmed that the ******** definitely attempted to trade Haynesworth before the $21 million payment came due.  Others have reported that the efforts continue, with the Titans and Rams the teams most frequently mentioned.  Now that the financial package has been reduced to a ridiculously affordable $16 million over three years, someone will bite if the price is right.

ravens pick him up

Flozell Adams-T-Cowboys Apr. 6 - 7:46 pm et

******** GM Bruce Allen revealed that the team has contacted the player rep for free agent OT Flozell Adams.
The ******** don't have a serious left tackle candidate on their current roster. Should they draft Oklahoma's Russell Okung at No. 4 overall, they could move Adams to right tackle in place of underwhelming Stephon Heyer.
Source: CSNWashington.com

...I'd complain, but it's pretty much useless. 
laugh.gif
Just gotta accept these moves and hope for the best. 
ohwell.gif

I think we should keep haynesworth for atleast for another yr 21 mil is a lot of money
eek.gif

And this Flozell Adams news is good to me....I know he's not the best but he is def an upgrade from Heyer bum %#+
laugh.gif

[h2]Agent: Jason Taylor visiting the Jets [/h2]
by: Mike Berardino April 7th, 2010 | 10:10 AM

Somehow you always knew it would come to this.

According to his agent Gary Wichard,  Miami Dolphins free agent linebacker Jason Taylor is visiting the New York Jets today. Wichard shared that itinerary with WQAM’s Joe Rose this morning.

A personal call from Jets coach Rex Ryan last week — first to Wichard, then to Taylor — helped get the ball rolling.

“Rex Ryan called me … and he said, ‘Hey, we’re looking for one guy and it’s Jason Taylor,’

No, no, no...

Keep his @+@ in Miami.

I can't be supportive of this move at all.
smh.gif

According to the New York Post, the Jets have contacted Jason Taylor togauge his interest in coming to the Big Apple, but apparently the freeagent defensive end would rather urinate glass than wear green andwhite.

“It’d be very, very, very difficult,

flozell at RT and okung at #4 (assuming hes as good as advertised) would probably put the ******** over the top ... they will have addressed every single need they had with solid players ... it's almost laughable how much sense they are making as compared to other teams ... i dont think mcnabb is that good, but damn if the skins arent trying to win ... as opposed to certain other teams in the NFC east ... smh

The thought of Jason Taylor on the Jets makes me
sick.gif
. I like how he doesn't really like the idea of it either, at least he knows the deal.

++*@ that, he could bring a lot of help to our d-line pass rush which is pretty weak...
If we sign JT, safe to assume we go Reciever in the draft?

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

++*@ that, he could bring a lot of help to our d-line pass rush which is pretty weak...
If we sign JT, safe to assume we go Reciever in the draft?
Co-sign. He can still play. And if he doesn't do well, just sit his *%% on the bench. Regardless the Jets win. It's not like he'll be expensive.

We are gonna look for a DE in the draft, and Taylor would play LB any way. I just don't see how the Jets lose. At worst we lose a roster spot...

my mistake. forgot the jets ran a 3-4. i still dont think much of JT but if hes playing as a stand up outside OLB then i think he can contribute.

also question for jets fans. whats up with vernon gholston. most people on here dont think much of him.

was he just overhyped coming out of the draft? not gotten his chance yet? or just a plain out bust with no future in ny?

Vernon has no future with the Jets. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane, still can't grasp being an OLB and he can't be a DE in our system. I still think he has a chance with another team where he can play DE, but in terms of a Jets future, he has none.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Vernon has no future with the Jets. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane, still can't grasp being an OLB and he can't be a DE in our system. I still think he has a chance with another team where he can play DE, but in terms of a Jets future, he has none.
you're absolutely right vernons a 4-3 de  

Back
Top Bottom