**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Really wish we didn't pick up billups option and tried to go after a pg in the draft and signed gasol in the offseason. We really need big men though

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

Really wish we didn't pick up billups option and tried to go after a pg in the draft and signed gasol in the offseason. We really need big men though

even if we didnt pick up his option, i seriously doubt we would be able to afford Gasol. And if we did, it's be just him we'd be able to sign this OS.

why the hell do people keep talking about gasol in this thread. theres no way in hell we're getting him. hes a restricted free agent. whatever we offer him will be matched my memphis. and yes, the city of memphis sucks, but marc went to high school there, and the team is potentially going to the WCF whereas we were swept in the first round.

the words gasol and free agent should never be in the same post inside this thread again.

I think I'm the only one not totally enamored with Gasol in the first place, forget the money we'd have to give him.

He re-shapes his body, okay...if not, not someone I want to hand a long-term contract to.

Nothing major. Just some insight on A'mare's view of Pringles.

rmmudj.jpg

i don't give a rat's %!$ about Amare having fun. he's making 100 million dollars

half of the reason amare sucks at defense is mike dantoni.

oh boxing out, hustling, rebounding and attention to detail aren't fun? duhhhhh

amare and melo can be consulted but they don't run the knicks. them having fun shouldn't be priority of the organization.

Not to beat a dead argument but just saw Beaubois in street clothes and I said !%+, found this real fast:

LOS ANGELES -- Roddy Beaubois, a starter until the regular-season finale, is a healthy scratch for Game 1 of the West semifinals.

Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle opted to make Corey Brewer active instead of Beaubois.

The 6-foot-9 Brewer gives the Mavs a long, athletic option as a defender against Kobe Bryant. Shawn Marion and DeShawn Stevenson will get most of the minutes on the Lakers' MVP candidate, and Jason Kidd will also occasionally be asked to defend him. If Brewer gets playing time, it's likely to come as a situational defender.

If Beaubois had a role in this series, it would be as an offensive spark off the bench. Beaubois had a couple of deer-in-the-headlights performances against the Lakers this season, averaging 3.5 points on 20-percent shooting.

Granted, Roddy buckets was just hurt and is playing like garbage right now but when Caron went down and there was speculation they'd make a deal to fill his role, if I am remembering correctly, Cuban deemed Buckets untouchable, and I think Carlisle agreed. So essentially Carlisle thinks Brew is a more important piece in Game 1 of the WC Semis than Roddy (who I'd take on our squad in 2 seconds btw)

Pringles
laugh.gif

D'Antoni honestly may be better at defense than he is at offense as pathetic as that is. Telling freakishly atheltic/talented NBA players to throw up shots and do whatever the %$+! they want and scoring 120 points is NOT being a good offensive coach. idk why people still view him as some sort of offensive guru. You want to show me your an offensive mastermind how about you draw up a +*%!%+% play that isnt so +*%!%+% stupid down the stretch and stop being so predictable on offense. And while your at it lets utilize our guys in different ways than just point guards and swingmen and have time outs when we need them. D'Antoni does nothing positive.

[h2][/h2]Knicks Management Puzzled As To Why Chauncey Billups Wants To Return
MAY 3, 2011 |

NIB-Knicks-Management-R_jpg_600x345_crop-smart_upscale_q85.jpg

NEW YORK—Several members of New York Knicks management expressed bewilderment Thursday as to why Chauncey Billups would openly express a desire to return for a second season with the organization. "He knows this is the New York Knicks, right?

idk why but i woke up with that robert randolph song in my head "FRIDAY NIGHT KNICKS YEAHHHHHHhhh !!!one1!1!"

sick.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

D'Antoni honestly may be better at defense than he is at offense as pathetic as that is. Telling freakishly atheltic/talented NBA players to throw up shots and do whatever the %$+! they want and scoring 120 points is NOT being a good offensive coach. idk why people still view him as some sort of offensive guru. You want to show me your an offensive mastermind how about you draw up a +*%!%+% play that isnt so +*%!%+% stupid down the stretch and stop being so predictable on offense. And while your at it lets utilize our guys in different ways than just point guards and swingmen and have time outs when we need them.

Whoa, THIS

Not sure if anyones seen this but Gallo Sr, Bob McAdoo & Pringles partying in Italy back in the day, Pringles from like 0:40 - end
eek.gif

Pringles
eek.gif

mike-d-antoni-o.gif%20

eek.gif

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom