**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

yeah but i understand why Dolan pulled the trigger. he would look like a fool when NJ ended up with Melo. Plus hes making crazy renovations without taxpayer money and needed a way to recoup some of the funds with an excuse to raise tickets

What's done is done.

I didn't like it at the time of the Melo-saga, his greed most likely cost us the chance to sign a 3rd max, but dwelling about it won't do any good.

Same thing whenever one of the new Nuggets had a good game or we struggled, thinking about the past or playing the what if game isn't good for anyone.

Originally Posted by DubA169

yeah but i understand why Dolan pulled the trigger. he would look like a fool when NJ ended up with Melo. Plus hes making crazy renovations without taxpayer money and needed a way to recoup some of the funds with an excuse to raise tickets
Just for argument's sake he wouldn't look that bad if we ended up trading for DWill (and probably trading less of our assets), him possibly resigning here and taking less to accomdate a 3rd superstar but then again you kinda could look at Donnie for giving Amar'e the max since it did seem like it was a mini-panic move to at least get somebody of value during the LeBron sweepstakes.

I mean just looking at it from Melo's perspective in a simple way I'm gonna come to a team for less money to play with Amar'e when he got the max and everybody around me is saying there's no way STAT is the better player than me, so he shouldn't be getting paid more. So I can't really be mad at him for wanting the max even though I knew it'd hurt our future possibilities.

This honestly does come down to the planning of it all cuz Wade and Bron compromised on taking less and Bosh had to follow suit. Where as the idea of a Big 3 being possible for the Knicks was generated by Lebron's decision and the formation of it was a jerk reaction to get it done within 9 months.

With all that said I kinda just talked/thought myself back in to riding with our 2 stars and forming a good bench and complimentary starting lineup around them. Cuz Donnie's probably thinking the same. The draft and off season can't come quick enough.

*Hopes there's no bs lockout*

yeah well i hope he isn't dumb enough to publicly say that he needs more help because the media and fans will destroy him

I guess there is no point to dwell on it now but honestly I'd trade Melo & Stat to have Chris Paul/D-Will and Dwight Howard anyday, we got the wrong two stars. I'm just praying we can somehow get Howard, outside of Lebron James he would be the only other superstar to come to a team completely make them title contenders.
I've heard people say that a franchise resembles the owners personality, in this case, that seems to be true.
ohwell.gif

I'm pretty sure that multiple teams could have beaten us in a trade for Deron. Especially if you are saying that we could have save some assets. And quite honestly, Deron doesn't have the star power that Melo does for whatever reason. I know many casual basketball fans that would not know who Deron is

I'm gonna believe the Jazz GM when he said he would've went to the loser of the Melodrama and traded them DWill. If we're just gonna talk about better deals if the Jazz actively shopped DWill they could've got a better offer than what the Nets gave them. I'm just saying at least for the playoffs whoever we could've kept on the team would've been a help and in reality we probably would've just packaged them for a 3rd star anyway.

As far as star power so what? DWill would've definitely got it (and earned it) if he was a Knick. Dude would've been getting praised (by us) more than any other pg not named CP3. Besides that we got STAT for star power. It's not like the Knicks need star power. We're not the Nets uneasy about ticket sales when we move to BK.

Chalk up D Will lack of star power to playing in Utah.

And if a hard cap is set at $45MM-$48MM that means every team will have to alter all of their salaries. Who's to say that Melo, Stat, and CP/Dwill won't come together like the 3 non-blondes and take less money overall to benefit to the team?

Until the CBA is done, everything is pure speculation.

Jimmer is interested in the knicks because of our style of play (which I hate)

he will be doing a workout in Westchester. we would probbaly have to move up to get him . I hate that the media always tells everyone what the knicks want to do. We always lose out on who we want by a pick pr two.

I always felt like the knicks org has to many holes in it. They need to pull %$!$ like Bill Bellicheck

If any player in the draft from the top 7 has a chance of dropping to us (in a slightly realistic sense) who would yall want it to be?

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

My reaction to this is one of "furious anger" (Samuel L Jackson). What Melo did to the future progress and potential of the Knicks will make it nearly impossible to land another star free agent. We got rid of so many of our assets. I understand Melo wanted the money but seriously? He couldn't have waited till this summer and get paid $15 million a season? Melo really disappointed me. His decision will affect us for a long time. Not to mention after this year we won't have a first-round pick until 2016. 

Many of you applaud Donnie Walsh, well I don't; yes I know much of it has to do with Dolan but he can suck it too. I'm getting 2004 Knick Deja-vu, our front office decisions will haunt us for another 7 years. . 

Our organization continues to embarrass us, I'm not happy.

^
I cut out the parts I didn't agree with but overall I felt what you were saying as I was thinking the same thing. The trade was just stupid to give up 3/4 of your team for one player that you were going to get anyway, dumb. Not only was I pissed about how many players they give up but who they were, they could have at least kept Chandler (only well rounded player) and the duffy 7 foot center and instead gave up L. Fields.

yup 04 (or whatever year) all over again if one of them ever gets hurt (knock on wood) back to 20 wins and no cap space for 5+ years.

Also I don't understand why the want Chris Paul, yes it's a sexy pick but it don't really help Toney Douglas can avg. 10-10-5 .They need DWIGHT HOWARD

Originally Posted by wiseman299

My reaction to this is one of "furious anger" (Samuel L Jackson). What Melo did to the future progress and potential of the Knicks will make it nearly impossible to land another star free agent. We got rid of so many of our assets. I understand Melo wanted the money but seriously? He couldn't have waited till this summer and get paid $15 million a season? Melo really disappointed me. His decision will affect us for a long time. Not to mention after this year we won't have a first-round pick until 2016. 

Many of you applaud Donnie Walsh, well I don't; yes I know much of it has to do with Dolan but he can suck it too. I'm getting 2004 Knick Deja-vu, our front office decisions will haunt us for another 7 years. . 

Our organization continues to embarrass us, I'm not happy.

^
I cut out the parts I didn't agree with but overall I felt what you were saying as I was thinking the same thing. The trade was just stupid to give up 3/4 of your team for one player that you were going to get anyway, dumb. Not only was I pissed about how many players they give up but who they were, they could have at least kept Chandler (only well rounded player) and the duffy 7 foot center and instead gave up L. Fields.

yup 04 (or whatever year) all over again if one of them ever gets hurt (knock on wood) back to 20 wins and no cap space for 5+ years.

Also I don't understand why the want Chris Paul, yes it's a sexy pick but it don't really help Toney Douglas can avg. 10-10-5 .They need DWIGHT HOWARD

This is so refreshing to see. As a Nuggets fan. I remember when this trade happened and a lot of people talked about how Melo was the savior and how good NYC would be. But all us Nuggets fan knew deep down we got rid of our biggest problem in Melo. And in the process we got some quality talent. Yes in Denver we lack a scorer at this point and it was apparent in the playoff, but scoring comes in goes. You guys are locked into the Melo/Stat era for a while. So I hope you enjoy Melo, his bug eyed wife LaLa, and his son named after a spice...

laugh.gif
Damn. I honestly wish I watched more Nuggets games the past 7 years. I knew Melo couldn't ever get his team over the hump or consistently in contention for a title like KG in Minny but I thought with a move/fresh start he's succeed like KG in BOS. I'll still have hope.

If Jimmer really like are style of play he would've been better off not entering the draft and trying to sign here in FA
laugh.gif
So far sounds like every draft player form NY or played for a school in the NY area wants to play here but just like trade rumors using our name for leverage it's a pipe dream of any of them landing here.

@Couplet88 It may be time to give up the Dwight dream man. ORL don't want STAT. We have no cap space for him. What's done is done. The organization has made a lot of mistakes but I don't think this is anywhere near the level of '04. We got two legit stars not Starbury, Franchise, and a young immature ZBo.  
Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

If any player in the draft from the top 7 has a chance of dropping to us (in a slightly realistic sense) who would yall want it to be?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

not a single $%+@ was given that day
edit for JRS
Spoiler [+]
Yo, thank you so +**$#!# much for posting this!!!

I've been looking for this video for years. This is the Knicks I remember watching while growing up.

Y'all should find a way to download it, or at least watch it a million times. Once the NBA sees it, it'll go down. One of the hardest videos to track down.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

And if a hard cap is set at $45MM-$48MM that means every team will have to alter all of their salaries. Who's to say that Melo, Stat, and CP/Dwill won't come together like the 3 non-blondes and take less money overall to benefit to the team?

1) You can't restructure a deal until the 3rd year of a contract
2) Even if it were possible, considering Melo's actions during the Melo drama, you think he's going to want to be paid less now?

It's sad to say but many of us wanted Melo because we just wanted to fill the void of not getting LeBron James. Melo & Stat won't work, there is no fluidity and cohesiveness. 

Maybe the Magic wouldn't want STAT, but maybe they would, we should at least try. Yes Stat would feel cheated but he'd be going back to Central Florida, I'm sure he wouldn't be as devastated. 

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

1) You can't restructure a deal until the 3rd year of a contract
2) Even if it were possible, considering Melo's actions during the Melo drama, you think he's going to want to be paid less now?

It's sad to say but many of us wanted Melo because we just wanted to fill the void of not getting LeBron James. Melo & Stat won't work, there is no fluidity and cohesiveness. 

Maybe the Magic wouldn't want STAT, but maybe they would, we should at least try. Yes Stat would feel cheated but he'd be going back to Central Florida, I'm sure he wouldn't be as devastated. 
laugh.gif
 i got ripped in this thread for saying the same $##@. i do think stat and melo will find a way though. if they have a brain they should be watching every game of the heat to see how those guys co-exist on the court

Originally Posted by DubA169

only way you get dwight is trading melo

Fine then trade Melo, but I'm assuming the Magic rather have Stat, he would fill in the D12 void better than Melo would.

Amare isn't filling the void of Dwight. He can't rebound or play defense. plus you go for the player without a history of injury

Back
Top Bottom