**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I'm okay with Shumpert.

but NOT over Singleton/Faired.

he will defend from Day 1, though.
My feelings exactly
Don't have a problem only bc I don't think Singleton/Faried would see the floor much...I know there's a 'best player available' philosophy sometimes, but the only 2 spots we don't need a player is at the 3 and 4...we got melo/landry, and stat/shawne (i think he'll be back)....gotta fill the other positions with talent....I wanted Brooks though

Now I've had my eye on Shumpert and figured he'd be late 1st round/early 2nd for another team. I felt a guy like Brooks would've been a better pick but a defensive combo guard isn't that bad and we'll see how it works out and what moves we make from here.

I'm sure a lot of you guys are mad
laugh.gif
or use to another unknown.

Why yall mad ? Haven't even seen dude play. A Douglas and Shumpert backcourt is gonna lock down defensively when they play together. Ive already heard people compare him to Russel Westbrook in terms of being an athlete

Cant be mad at a defensive minded player. But why a guard? Singleton woulda made more sense, no?

Does Shumpert even have a decent jumper?

Im not mad at the shupert pick, we now have some one who can play defense at the two instead of the undersized toney douglas.

As far as I'm concerned Singleton really aint a factor. Dude is the next Othello Harrington.

Faried is just undersized. Never was a huge fan of him but I do see how yall would want him over Imam.

the curse lives on with terrible draft picks with the knicks
30t6p3b.gif
... one negative on donnie is that hes terrible in drafting... maybe its just the knicks he sucks on that... because he did have 1 good pick with reggie at indy 
laugh.gif
... and no i didn't want that guy from morehead state... dude looks overrated imo... i wanted the knicks to get the center from usc but it was too late for that just like how we missed out on curry 2 years ago 
eyes.gif
... i thought we were at least going to get a point guard first...

I figure the reasoning is to be that he's the guy who can check Rondo/Wade/Rose for us.

With Singleton, it still pushes Amare to the 5 (if you think he becomes one of your top 5 players)

I still would have taken Singleton (or Faired or Jackson) and don't even necessarily like the Shumpert pick, but I get the reasoning.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Josh Selby is a damn undersized 2 guard I don't even know why you guys would be looking at him unless you want a replacement for Fields. He has terrible character and the reason why he left his first high school was because he beat his girlfriend over there. That kid is going to be in trouble at some point in his career guaranteed. If you want a point guard project that could turn into a Westbrook type reward yall need to be looking at Iman Shumpert.

^ 6/1/2011

Don't really understand the pick. I'll wait to see him in summer camp before I make judgements.
I have a feeling it will be him and Fields at the 2 and toney douglas will be traded.

Back
Top Bottom