**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

i thought they're working on a 62 mil cap w/ no lux tax
That was the latest offer from the owners, which obviously the players have disagreed with. The owners have "threatened" to only offer a 45 million hard cap once we are officially locked out, but who knows if that's just them bluffing.

it's definitively a bluff. the NBA isn't going to have a smaller cap than hockey. that would seem embarrassing

When it comes to free agency and trades.. I'm gonna ignore that article. Lol. I'm pretty pissed about the new logo. It looks naked.

espn named jim dolan as one of the 4 main guys on the owners side

that worry's me even tho it should be a good thing

sooo...i had a dream that somehow melo and amare were on the warriors with both morris twins and 6th man d. rose and one of the morris twins broke the hoop on a dunk and as it was breaking just stood there posing but was somehow didnt get hit by the hoop
roll.gif

then i woke up and immediately went on NT like !$@ is going on, and i see a thread on that $%%@ happening i was OD confused.

afterwards went to nyc and got in a hostage crisis by russians. my bro got murked but i was somehow able to escape $%%@ was intense.now the only question remaining is....am i still dreaming?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

I can't see Dolan wanting a hard cap though. That would just kill the knicks. And I am pretty sure he wouldn't want to share any of his revenue either.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by DubA169

I can't see Dolan wanting a hard cap though. That would just kill the knicks. And I am pretty sure he wouldn't want to share any of his revenue either.
I agree but u no Dolan, does the opposite of what everybody thinks hell do or what everybody wants him 2 do

At least according to Roger Mason, Dolan has "expressed a willingness to share more of his revenue with smaller markets"

I can see Dolan being smart and saying he wants to share more revenue with poor owners. If he gives up that I'm sure he'd be looking for a higher cap so he can spend more on completing a big 3 and having a good bench here.

MSG is currently undergoing a pretty large renovation, and Dolan needs the revenue from an NBA season to pay off the loan MSG just took out for it. He's going to do everything possible to try to make sure there is a season next year. The teams with positive cash flows that have taken out loans for capital expenditures (like the Knicks, or any other team with a new stadium and people in seats) will push hard to try to get something done. If anything, it can only be a positive thing that he's there, and I've read in other articles people saying that he advocated for a revenue sharing system to help support smaller market teams.

all u dudes complaining about the lockout...i just have one question...how did you survive the '98 lockout?

that thing was brutal for me when i was younger
grin.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
  then that one cold morning, i remember seeing the newspaper with Allan Houston on the cover...the nba was back...i thought i would never see the nba again
laugh.gif

oh and Ewing being locked out the players meeting just to get things worked out with the owners.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

all u dudes complaining about the lockout...i just have one question...how did you survive the '98 lockout?

that thing was brutal for me when i was younger
grin.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
  then that one cold morning, i remember seeing the newspaper with Allan Houston on the cover...the nba was back...i thought i would never see the nba again
laugh.gif

oh and Ewing being locked out the players meeting just to get things worked out with the owners.
ohwell.gif

roll.gif
Pat Ewing stay takin' L's.

Man, it was weird fr me going to V.I.M. and seeing the XIV's, Penny IV, and not seeing them on an NBA court first.  We had the Wayans Bros, NFL to divert our attention.

the XIV's from '99...those sneakers were nice...not like the retros they came out a few years ago 
sick.gif

Matter of fact, I remember seeing the ad in NBA Inside stuff, the magazine
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
you remember that mag?

How I dealt with that 1998-1999 lockout...
nba_live_99_frontcover_large_pDut3FmkclAFIIp.jpg

...yeah I remember them XIV's with the crazy green colorways. All the cool kids had them, but we were broke at the time so my moms copped me some And 1's when they first dropped for 59.99 and we called it a year.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

How I dealt with that 1998-1999 lockout...
nba_live_99_frontcover_large_pDut3FmkclAFIIp.jpg

...yeah I remember them XIV's with the crazy green colorways. All the cool kids had them, but we were broke at the time so my moms copped me some And 1's when they first dropped for 59.99 and we called it a year.

and I remember, (well at least in NYC) Footlocker actually had all Jordans on sale. They reduced it to 100 dollars for the XIV's right after Jordan announced his retirement during that lockout year. Team Jordans were reduced as well.  I remember that time, sold out quick.

and KingJay, I remember when Marlon had on the white/black XIV's in a wayan bros episode too. I wanted that sneaker badly back then lol.

I think Redman had them on too in one of his music videos lol

I had the Blue/black/yellow Air Max Plus back then. Still one of my favorite sneakers ever, I wish Nike would retro them with tuned air...Am I the only one who never bought Jordans bc he was on the Bulls? I hated him as a kid. First Jordans I ever bought were Olympic 7s in like 2004.And NBA2K on dreamcast was >>>>>everything, lol

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

MSG is currently undergoing a pretty large renovation, and Dolan needs the revenue from an NBA season to pay off the loan MSG just took out for it. He's going to do everything possible to try to make sure there is a season next year. The teams with positive cash flows that have taken out loans for capital expenditures (like the Knicks, or any other team with a new stadium and people in seats) will push hard to try to get something done. If anything, it can only be a positive thing that he's there, and I've read in other articles people saying that he advocated for a revenue sharing system to help support smaller market teams.

Agreed. Good post.

Back
Top Bottom