**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Knicks need to get either nene or D.Howard. Alot of people here acting like billups is done. Smh

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
@ the knicks website right now

Like another nter here said and I agree "its sad to have a lockout when we actually have a good team" first tme in a decade. And I'm still hyped abot the melo trade. I have watched every game since he's been here. Its fun to watch melo play with amare because its 2 legit superstars when healthy. I have always supported the knicks but I would skip out on some games when they were losing. because it was hard to watch.

IF yall can get Chris Paul, I can see yall being up there and probably better than the Heat, as long as you guys get a few guys around them.

Unlike the Heat, if you guys got Chris Paul, you wouldn't need to have to worry about who has the ball. Chris Paul would take care of that.

But you'd need a defensive minded coach, someone like Mike Brown, definitely not D'Antoni. Don't gotta worry about your offense when you got CP3, Melo, and Amare out there.

I'd have more respect for the Knicks than I would the Heat, just because I simply hate their antics, and I got mad respect for Carmelo. Still think he's capable of being an MVP.

You also have to draft smartly too though. I don't know if I see anyone they drafted this year that could ever make an impact on this team, especially if CP3 comes into town. Miami got young talent like Chalmers and drafting Cole. It ain't time to be stashing projects away in Europe. That was 3 years ago. Need guys who can contribute now, when your superstars are here.

Originally Posted by you go boy

Like another nter here said and I agree "its sad to have a lockout when we actually have a good team" first tme in a decade. And I'm still hyped abot the melo trade. I have watched every game since he's been here. Its fun to watch melo play with amare because its 2 legit superstars when healthy. I have always supported the knicks but I would skip out on some games when they were losing. because it was hard to watch.
If it's anything like the last lockout we're gonna be in the finals when the season eventually starts
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Probably lose to OKC
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

IF yall can get Chris Paul, I can see yall being up there and probably better than the Heat, as long as you guys get a few guys around them.

Unlike the Heat, if you guys got Chris Paul, you wouldn't need to have to worry about who has the ball. Chris Paul would take care of that.

But you'd need a defensive minded coach, someone like Mike Brown, definitely not D'Antoni. Don't gotta worry about your offense when you got CP3, Melo, and Amare out there.

I'd have more respect for the Knicks than I would the Heat, just because I simply hate their antics, and I got mad respect for Carmelo. Still think he's capable of being an MVP.

You also have to draft smartly too though. I don't know if I see anyone they drafted this year that could ever make an impact on this team, especially if CP3 comes into town. Miami got young talent like Chalmers and drafting Cole. It ain't time to be stashing projects away in Europe. That was 3 years ago. Need guys who can contribute now, when your superstars are here.
I agree with your points on CP3 and why adding him as a 3rd superstar would be a perfect fit and a situation where I believe three superstars can work perfectly.

cp, melo, amare fit together better than the more talented wade,lebron,bosh.

wothout a doubt. It would come to coaching and the supporting cast. Main problem would be defense for the knicks. amare and cp both are injury prone but i can see wade getting hurt as well the way he throws his body around

melo better not get fat during the lockout. I know amare takes very good care of his body so I hope he gets melo's chubby cheeks in the gym

not that it matters now but I wonder how it would have been if Melo didn't get traded and we would have to wait until this lockout was over...imagine that

Alan Hahn summed it up in this piece

At this point, however, with the NBA in a lockout and free agency in a deep freeze while the league and union battle over a new collective bargaining agreement, Melo's move looks like the right one. At least for him.

"That's just something that I really didn't want to have to deal with, not knowing what the CBA will be like," Carmelo said in April. ". . . I'm glad it happened, I don't regret anything or the decision I made."

Had the CBA not expired this summer, perhaps Carmelo would have had less apprehension about waiting it out. Under the old system, the Knicks would have had the cap space to sign him right now. Without a no-trade, Melo still might have had to endure the short-term inconvenience of a trade to another team because the Nuggets seemed determined to not be LeBroned by their star player.

But Carmelo did have a little bit of veto power with the contract extension and if he didn't have the CBA fears that came with this summer, he could have refused to sign an extension with any team, thus ensuring his free agency status in July.

This could come up again very soon, when Chris Paul can opt out of his contract in 2012. Under the NBA's latest salary cap proposal, the Knicks would most likely have enough space to make an offer to the all-star point guard as a free agent. But the New Orleans Hornets will almost certainly want to trade Paul if he declines a contract extension with the intention to test free agency.

Do the Knicks give up whatever young assets and draft picks they have left to offer? The cupboard is pretty bare, though it has been slightly improved with first round pick Iman Shumpert. The Knicks have Chauncey Billups' expiring to offer and will then need to get extremely creative. And Paul will have to follow Melo's script as well and make it clear the only extension he plans on signing is with the Knicks.

[For those asking, 'What about Deron Williams?' my response is that I don't believe he'll be a legitimate option. While the chances he'll stay with the Nets are minimal, the indications I get from various sources is he has the Mavericks and Lakers on his radar first.]

Paul's best move is to say he doesn't want to sign an extension with anyone and let the Hornets trade him anywhere so his financially-strapped team can get the most they can for him while the Knicks don't lose any more talent off their roster.

Now, I do hear the cries that the Knicks don't need another star, they don't need Chris Paul. OK, true. If Billups, at 35, comes back this season without any injury issues that plagued him at the end of last season, you could consider signing him to an extension at an affordable number and use the 2012 cap space to improve other areas of the roster. The best case scenario there is that Billups proves he can give you a Jason Kidd-type performance in his late 30s while Shumpert develops into a dynamic combo guard.

Personally, I still think you need a playmaker, a catalyst, who can feed your two stars, Carmelo and Amar'e Stoudemire. Does perhaps a run at Steve Nash on a discount work better in 2012?

There will be plenty of options. Or will there? A lot depends on what the new salary cap system is in the new CBA. The Knicks will have to wait until then to figure out what they can do.

Carmelo didn't want to risk waiting and the Knicks felt they couldn't afford to risk losing him if they asked him to wait.

so I was at my parents house the other day and I remembered I kept a newspaper from that lockout 12 years ago....so I found it stashed away in the basement (along with some other knick stuff...i'll probably post some of that some other time lol)....here's some pics lol

Spoiler [+]
mk7vyg.jpg

2eevrqa.jpg

jzb2uu.jpg

2njhl7b.jpg

yes. yes he does

the latest is mark jackson getting a coaching job before he can even get a legitimate interview

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

How I dealt with that 1998-1999 lockout...
nba_live_99_frontcover_large_pDut3FmkclAFIIp.jpg

...yeah I remember them XIV's with the crazy green colorways. All the cool kids had them, but we were broke at the time so my moms copped me some And 1's when they first dropped for 59.99 and we called it a year.

and I remember, (well at least in NYC) Footlocker actually had all Jordans on sale. They reduced it to 100 dollars for the XIV's right after Jordan announced his retirement during that lockout year. Team Jordans were reduced as well.  I remember that time, sold out quick.

and KingJay, I remember when Marlon had on the white/black XIV's in a wayan bros episode too. I wanted that sneaker badly back then lol.

I think Redman had them on too in one of his music videos lol

roll.gif
Word, Red Man had them in that video where that female crashed her bike in to a parked car.

And yo this was the worst Live game evert. None of the rookies were in the game.

Back
Top Bottom