**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

had fun at the practice, took a couple pics,

Amare received a lot of love today, every move he made fans were screaming and cheering

mad that all does 10$ tickets were gone before i hit the booth

[h1]Ewing Jr. hopeful, nostalgic about Knicks[/h1]
Originally published: October 10, 2010 7:53 PM
Updated: October 10, 2010 8:10 PM
By ALAN HAHN  [email protected]
image.JPG

Photo credit: Photo by Christopher Pasatieri | September 24, 2010; Tarrytown, NY, USA; New York Knicks forward Patrick Ewing (20) poses for a photo during Media Day at the training facility in Tarrytown, NY. Photo By: Christopher Pasatieri

The stall sits two spots in from the left corner of the Knicks' locker room at the Garden. There is nothing visually extraordinary about it, but there is tangible history there. It is the locker where Patrick Ewing spent most of his Hall of Fame career, sitting after games with both knees packed in ice and both feet submerged in buckets of frozen water. From there he guaranteed successes and solemnly explained failures.

And here now sits his son, a living legacy who allows himself to revel in the nostalgia as he attempts for the second time in three years to make the team.

"No one else in here remembers our history," said Patrick Ewing Jr., who literally grew up in that locker room with his father and among doting uncles such as Charles Oakley, Derek Harper and Herb Williams. "I don't ever remember this team being bad. We were always in the playoffs. I remember this building way before . . . "

His voice trailed off. No need to bring up what has happened since then. No need to remind him that before he took over his father's old locker, the nameplate read "Marbury."

That would be Stephon Marbury, whose presence on the roster in 2008 was the reason why Ewing Jr. was the final cut before the regular season. It was a decision the coaching staff lamented.

Ewing Jr. came back for another try here because he really doesn't see himself anywhere else. "Even if I make the team, I'll be struggling to get minutes," he said. "But the fact that I have so much fan support, it's tremendous."

He received some of the loudest cheers Sunday at the Garden as the Knicks held an open practice attended by about 6,500. Amar'e Stoudemire was the obvious favorite and Russian center Timofey Mozgov already seems to have a cult following (fans were shouting, "Drago!" in reference to the "Rocky IV" character). But there is a special place in the heart of most Knicks fans for Ewing Jr., and he knows why.

"I look at the team the same way the fans do," the 26-year-old said. "Any fan that's my age is going to remember the same things I remember. I'm not sure these guys in [this locker room] were Knicks fans back then, but everyone in New York was a Knick fan back then, and they remember what it was like at the Garden . . . This place was jumping."

In the last decade, such talk of the good old days often has been lost on players who have passed through here with more rapidity than wins. But Ewing Jr. says he often talks about it with his new mates, who seem interested.

"I tell them about when Larry [Johnson] hit the four-point play or the time we beat the Bulls or beat the Pacers to get to the Finals," Ewing Jr. said. "But there's nothing like the experience. I think to fully understand it, we're going to have to experience it ourselves."

Ewing Jr. just wants to experience opening night in a Knicks uniform. Unlike 2008, he has a signed contract, which means all he has to do is make the team to lock it in. There are 16 players on the roster and the lone training-camp invitee, Shawn Williams, has been solid. There's also Eddy Curry. So, naturally, Ewing Jr. doesn't believe anything is a given yet.

"I'm confident, but at the same time, they're looking at everybody," he said. "If they want me here, they'll have me here. If they don't, that's just how it is."

lol i was rolling when they had the shooting contest and the winners of the section got free cokes
roll.gif

edit

did anyone hear that guy when he said mad loud " dont hurt him mozgov we need him " ? when he hard foul andy,  had me
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Originally Posted by RaY MuLLa

had fun at the practice, took a couple pics,

Amare received a lot of love today, every move he made fans were screaming and cheering

mad that all does 10$ tickets were gone before i hit the booth

http://tinypic.com/?ref=riudxs
http://tinypic.com/?ref=wwkqo9

What games were you trying to get?

I was able to get orlando and dallas around 3 when most people left

i wanted the lakers game and heat
mad.gif

roll.gif

I knew 100% there was no chance they were gona have heat or lakers

Im still searchin for tickets for those game at a reasonable price
nerd.gif

The practice was pretty cool, I know im never going to afford to sit that low again...

There was a kid like 2 rows in front of me that brought a Lebron East ASG jersey and took pictures w/ a piece of paper sayin "U MAD", seemed like something someone on NT would do...
laugh.gif

^ LMAO that was my little brother, I am about to post those pics up.
Some pics......(will post videos later):

...will post vids later.

Originally Posted by RaY MuLLa

lmao @ the joker on the subway
ohhh yeah...Comic Con
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I was thinking that was kinda random...but then I remembered that Comic con was a few blocks away from MSG

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

The practice was pretty cool, I know im never going to afford to sit that low again...

There was a kid like 2 rows in front of me that brought a Lebron East ASG jersey and took pictures w/ a piece of paper sayin "U MAD", seemed like something someone on NT would do...
laugh.gif
Damn, you were in the same section as all of us... Me, Mez, HTTB, ViiHeaven...

Forgot my camera
indifferent.gif

Open practice was pretty good, Rautins & Mason have ratchet's as expected.
pimp.gif

Ewing was solid, Gallo was solid, Amare had an off practice but w/e.

FIELDS DOES NOT PASS
laugh.gif

MozGOD!!!

Nice seeing you guys yesterday.

MOZGOD looked great! I honestly think if he can keep his fouls in check, he has a shot at being a top-10 rookie this season. His ball handling skills look good, knows how to finish around the rim and looks all-around athletic. I've been high on him since the FIBA games, he'll be a real bright spot.

Landry Fields
indifferent.gif
dude made approximately one pass the entire game. Dude has his hands ready for jumpshots during the entire scrimmage
laugh.gif
Trying to shoot his way into the rotations.

Rautins looks nice. I don't know jack about him but I'm pleasantly surprised.

Felton still looks sluggish.

Amar'e looked
grin.gif
he got a ton of love, but had a bad practice IMO. Then again, it's just practice, I'm sure he'll be giving 100% during the games.

Ewing Jr. probably got the loudest ovation after Gallo & Amar'e.

Wilson Chandler
frown.gif
Either he's still not close to 100% or he's still his timid self. Hope he looks better during the season.

Knicks City Dancers
devil.gif
Yo! The entire crowd got quiet once they came out.
roll.gif
@ that dude me true 3 blue and HarlemToTheBronx saw who literally stopped typing on his BlackBerry when they came out. Son was in awe, and went back to typing once they left.

Shawne Williams
laugh.gif
bum.

I'll post the vid of the opening introduction in about an hour.

Oh and no offense Mez but when I saw your brother posing, I was hoping someone threw a water bottle at him or something
roll.gif

Next time theres open practice tickets, someone please be sure to hit me up where i can cop a few.
frown.gif

And damn, Toney looked amazing out there
laugh.gif

Is this open practice free every year?

I heard them yesterday say annual open practice 

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Is this open practice free every year?

I heard them yesterday say annual open practice 

yeah, man..where you've been the last few years

lol but seriously, the last one that they held it at the Garden was in 2005 (that was my last time there)...all the other years, they held it upstate somewhere in a school campus

Back
Top Bottom