**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

i got drafted by the kings. just dropped 31 on the knicks
laugh.gif

i simulated an entire season though on 2k and they didnt have the knicks making the playoffs. i was surprised. they had miami beating the spurs in 7 for the chip. the knicks didnt make the playoffs cause they had alot of injuries though. amare, gallo, felton, and chandler were all injured through the season

side note...no one got pics of the dancers? i was slacking. they started dancing right behind me and was literally face to face with them and didn't think about taking pics. they were younger than i expected though. i thought they would be around 22-26. shorties was 18-21.

Mo mama roses is in Penn station. By the A/C/E line. I'm going to try and be there an hour before the game to eat and have a beer(s)

I got drafted by the Knicks, too.

Right now we're 3rd in the east (about halfway through the season behind Miami and Atlanta).

I'm averaging 18ppg/10apg/8rpg.
laugh.gif

NYPost_Berman

Eddy Curry is doing shooting drills on his own here at #Knicks practice. Looking OK. Probably back sooner than later. 25 minutes ago via web

Can't wait til this man is gone.

[h1]Mozgov starts, seeks to avenge Drago[/h1]

44 m ago By Alan Hahn

Timofey Mozgov will start Wednesday night against the Celtics in a preseason game at the Garden. Mike D'Antoni made the inevitable official after practice today. Mozgov said his game plan was pretty simple:

"Run, run, run, defense and work, defense, defense," he said. "If I get the ball, shoot sometimes, maybe."

OK, so his English hasn't developed nearly as quickly as his game, but, really, if you're the Knicks, would you want it any other way? Shaq (hip) isn't playing for the Celtics tonight in Philadelphia and he might not be available for tomorrow night's game, either. But that doesn't mean it'll be any less stressful for the Knicks, because Mozgov maybe be their best option at center right now, but he's still a work in progress.

The main issue will be foul trouble, which is typical of any European big man who makes the move to the NBA. Mozgov succinctly explained the most important adjustment he needs to make is in setting screens.

"I get two or three fouls in the first game because I turn [into a defender] and take them back, like I do in Europe," he said, essentially admitting that moving screens mostly go undetected in the Euro-game. "I think I do OK if I try not to do that and turn. I stay and not touch anybody."

He'll also need to adjust to NBA referees. Mozgov did an awful lot of complaining to officials at the FIBA World Championships and was very demonstrative when he would look toward Russian coach David Blatt. In other words, he has a lot of David Lee in him, only without the ability to schmooze the refs. This year, with the NBA cracking down on any type of backlash toward officials -- Grant Hill, Mr. Humanitarian, was already tossed from a game for showing his displeasure with a call -- Mozgov not only has to figure out how not to get into foul trouble, but he also has to resist the tendency to plead his case.

In other words, he needs to find his inner stoicism, which was so much a part of the old Russia that he's too young to recall.

Even when I asked him to say, "I must break you," he couldn't help but laugh.

Have you seen Rocky IV?

"Rocky IV?" he asked.

Yes, the movie.

"Movie?"

Then it clicked. He rolled punches. "Rocky?"

That's it. So you saw the one with the Russian?

"Drago," he then said. "Yeah."

Do you know the fans at the Garden started calling you that at Sunday's practice?

"The fans?"

Yes, the fans.

He smiled, laughed and shrugged.

It's only a matter of time before this becomes a feature on GardenVision:

i cant believe that 2k11 got you guys scared hahaha

los i might meet you at that pizza spot opening night. i love that place because you can drink there. never knew the name of it

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Mo, you find someone to go with you to the home opener?
nerd.gif
I'm taking a lady. I still have a ticket for GS on November 11th (I think that's the date) though.

I did want Moz to be the starting C.

Now i wouldn't even be mad if Douglas is the starting PG..

But I'll give Felton time, new environment, new coach, new offense, new players, new city

i'm pretty damn scared about felton here. probably just paranoid knick fan in me talking

D’Antoni Adjusts Knicks’ Game-Day Schedule
By HOWARD BECK
The Knicks will probably not win an N.B.A. championship this season, but at least they can dream about it, without an alarm clock disrupting their R.E.M. cycles.

There will be no morning shootarounds in New York this season, continuing an experiment that Coach Mike D’Antoni started last fall. But D’Antoni is tweaking the game-day schedule again, admitting that some parts of the routine did not work out so well.

Last season the Knicks dropped the shootaround in favor of a late-afternoon walk-through, followed by a team meal. It reduced the commute time and ensured that players ate a healthy pregame dinner — a main goal of the medical staff.

The drawback was that players had to arrive by 4 p.m., three and a half hours before a typical 7:30 p.m. game. While some took advantage of the extra time to shoot or warm up, most of them merely loitered, or napped. The feedback was generally negative.

“You have that hour and a half, and instead of just sitting around, you could see them dozing off,

GREENBURGH, N.Y. - Danilo Gallinari said what he admires most about Celtics All-Star Paul Pierce's game is that he doesn't go full speed the entire time, but instead picks his spots where he suddenly, and effectively, strikes. Gallinari has the same tendencies in his game: He can go several plays without being seemingly involved and then quickly turn it on.

But while the 22-year-old still has some growing to do into the role of a primary scorer and offensive focal point, the Knicks want to see him engage more and not allow the game to go away from him.

"I think he needs to be more aggressive on his catching and shooting, catching and ripping, passing the ball, going to the basket, yeah," Mike D'Antoni said after yesterday's practice at MSG Training Center. "And we talked about that. For him to go to the next level, it's not changing his game. It's changing your focus and not wait for the game to get close and now I'm going to really turn it on. When you play 25 to 30 minutes, it has to be the hardest 30 minutes you've played in your life. That will get him up one more level."

BLOG: Alan Hahn's 'The Knicks Fix'

Gallinari, however, is quick to debate this issue, saying his aggressiveness "is definitely better than the beginning of last year" and added that in D'Antoni's option-loaded system "you can have a different protagonist every game."

But the most successful NBA teams are generally anchored by one or two main guys who carry the offense. Pierce and Ray Allen do it for Boston. Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol do it for the Lakers. The Knicks have Amar'e Stoudemire, but the reason they remain very interested in Carmelo Anthony is because he brings that go-to scorer's mentality every night. Gallinari, however, doesn't believe that will work here.

"We are trying to build a chemistry together and being aggressive does not mean you have to go and take whatever your man gives you," he said. "You have to also respect your teammates . . . We have some plays that we want to go to certain players and we want to do certain things. Your defender gives you something, gives you a back door, but you don't do it because you want to stay in the play."

D'Antoni still raves about Gallinari's potential, yet wants to see him become a more effective post-up scorer. That will come in time, but right now the emphasis is for Gallinari to focus more on attacking the offensive glass.

Gallinari is the Knicks' prized possession and a player they'd rather not have to give up in a trade for Anthony, who remains with the Nuggets but is likely to be moved before the February trade deadline. Anthony Randolph, another young talent on the Knicks, has yet to find himself in this system and presently appears to be a bench player, which could diminish his trade value. Randolph has put up decent numbers in the first two preseason games, averaging 15 points in 20.5 minutes per game, but his role remains undefined.

Notes & quotes: D'Antoni made it official that Russian rookie Timofey Mozgov will start at center Wednesday night against the Celtics at Madison Square Garden. Mozgov, however, may not face Shaquille O'Neal, who did not play last night against the 76ers because of a hip issue. According to multiple sources with knowledge of the situation, the Knicks had serious internal discussions about making a contract offer to O'Neal early in the free-agency process . . . Eddy Curry (hamstring) and Kelenna Azubuike (knee) worked out on a side court during practice and did some light

i'm not feeling what gallo is saying.

The Knicks have enlisted former Knicks defensive stalwart Anthony Mason to work with Eddy Curry and try to motivate him to save his career, The Post has learned.

Mason, a former Knicks forward who embodied the team's defense and toughness from the 1991-1996 glory days, wore a Knicks coaching shirt yesterday and appeared briefly on the court. But mostly Mason's work with Curry will be behind the scenes, in the weight room where they will be workout partners.

Curry, who could be cleared for practice in the next two weeks, is out with a right hamstring strain, but the Knicks also want him to lose more weight and Mase is on the case.

Curry was not permitted to go to Milan and Paris, partly to work out with Mason.

Mason, out of Springfield Gardens, is trying to get back into the league as a coach/special instructor.

Knicks team president Donnie Walsh said he is amenable to seeing what Mason can do with Curry.

Walsh did not want to categorize it a coaching "tryout," but told The Post that he was a fan of Mason's when he was with the Knicks.

"I admired Mason as a player and I'm trying to help him," Walsh said. "He wants to get back into the league. I don't know if it's going to [be] us who hires him, but if someone calls, I'll help him."

Walsh said the Curry idea made sense because Mason, also trying to drop a few pounds, already was using the team's practice facility to work out.

The Knicks often have been accused of not aligning themselves with their glorious past by failing to hire assistant Patrick Ewing. People close to Mason believe he has coaching potential, because he carved a career from hard work. He rose from the CBA, improved every season, was coachable and played smart.

Mason's son, Anthony Mason Jr., formerly of St. John's, was cut yesterday by the Heat and likely will play in the D-League.

According to Knicks sources, because the Blazers turned down the club's offer of two second-round picks for disgruntled guard Rudy Fernandez two months ago, they have not heard back.

The Knicks are not willing to increase the offer but are willing to listen if Portland calls. The Knicks still are concerned about having Wilson Chandler at the team's starting shooting guard.

In fact, one starting lineup permutation that D'Antoni is considering, according to a source, is moving Amar'e Stoudemire to center, Chandler to power forward and inserting Roger Mason at shooting guard.

Knicks rookie C Timofey Mozgov , in his starting debut, will likely miss Shaquille O'Neal , who sat out last night's game in Philly with a sore hip. Doc Rivers said after the game he was leaning toward him not playing tonight.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/s...&FEEDNAME=#ixzz12GJTX2kU

If Gallo plays more like Pierce this season nobody is going to want to trade for him
laugh.gif

Would've preferred Charles Oakley working out Curry since Mason always seemed like the type to get you mad as #+%* or make you want to fight him over some dumb $+%%.

Back
Top Bottom