**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I'm pretty close to taking a hiatus from this team for a good while. This year isn't going to get any better, this team just flat out isn't good.

frown.gif

Jello B. Afro, not to say you aren't right, but about half of us that post in this thread were against D'Antoni since last year 
laugh.gif
. The thing is, D'Antoni was the only "known" guy who probably would've kept the majority of the fanbase quiet.

the first half of that game was good for us because we were getting alot of easy shots and our jumpers were falling, the 2nd half no easy shots and our jumpers were off. We cant win a game unless were knocking down shots for 4 quarters, its sad. We hardly have any half court execution with respect to driving to the hoop, we cant even get a PnR down pact with amare. We need a better system and to play Defense, D'antoni isn't the man for the job cause it seems hes ok with shooting 3's and chucking up jumpers all game long. The lost last night was disgusting, i dont want this team going to the playoffs if were gonna play with this system...

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

He could be a bad owner, but we should still be able to win games.

Rubio Will Begin Career With Wolves, Not Knicks

Nov 13, 2010 10:34 AM EST

The Timberwolves are convinced that Spanish point guard Ricky Rubio will make his NBA debut with the team next season.

Multiple sources within the Minnesota organization have guaranteed that Rubio won't be dealt to New York, according to a report in The New York Post.

Rubio was drafted by the Timberwolves with the fifth overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft.http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a..._career_with_wolves_not_knicks/#ixzz15BnqFQNf

I don't think anyone cares about Rubio anymore... son is bunz.com

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

I think it's stupid to say Dolan dosn't want to win. He just dosn't know what it takes. He's an idiot.
this is actually true. He even admit it himself that he doesn't follow basketball like that. He said he was a hockey guy.
He loves hockey so much he even hired Layden to be the GM of the Rangers at one point
laugh.gif

Ownership isn't really about knowing the sport well or not. It's about having a desire to win and winning at all costs. Dolan doesn't seem to have that type of urgency or lack of knowledge. Look at all the trades that he made Zeke pull off? When has Isiah Thomas REALLY been this bad of a GM? Not until he got to the Knicks; I'll tell you that much
laugh.gif

I'm going to say this now--Even if we land Melo somehow, Dolan will still find a way to mess it up for all of us.

Have you guys ever heard of the saying, "Once someone goes to play for the Knicks their career goes downhill from there."? It's no coincidence that plays tend to suck when coming here and just as they leave, they find a way to play good basketball again.

Also another concerning issue that I haven't really seen been brought up is the disagreements of D'antoni and Walsh. They both believe in playing two different styles of basketball and they like different type of players. A good GM/coach relationship is also VERY important to a teams success. There's def some disagreements within the team. One of them has to go and I'd rather let go of D'Antoni right now. Walsh is a seasoned veteran in the league and VERY well respected. This is something the Knicks need badly. With so much embarrassment through the years, we finally have a stand-up guy representing us which will equate in better relationships with other teams (can help us land better players through trades). Look at what Riley was able to pull off. Did it he do it because he suckered some idiot to take his trades? No, he's well respected.

We might've thought the Knicks were ready to win earlier in the season, but it looks like we're FAR from it. A lot of has to be re-done before we can seriously contend. Getting Melo won't change everything overnight like most of you are implying/hoping for.

disagree on the walsh D'antoni relationship. Wlash has always loved D'anphony and was on Boomer and Carton the other day saying even if we win 30 games D'Anphony is still gonna be the coach.

In other news Mozgov to start on Sunday and Will back to the bench. Here we go with the freaking juggling lineups.

I think it's more of a proving a point kind of thing. We can't fire D'Antoni right now. Coming out of the 2010 Summer and not getting LeBron is bad enough, but for us to fire D'Antoni right after would make us look even worse. There def is some sort of disagreement.

I'll say this much. When dude finally stopped 'mixing up' the lineup, we were like the 3rd most winning team in the L, December and January last year. Then we got rid of Jeffries and lost any sign of defense. So maybe when Turiaf gets back? Who knows.

So if we were to get Melo, would he be shooting more 3's than he usually does? Cuz i'm thinking.... Melo PNR w/ Amare would be sick. But you know the system.

Honestly i wanted Avery after i seen what he did with the Mavs.. he preached D and pushed EVERY player to the limit. but w.e

Before the T'wolves game.. my homeboy asked me if i think we were gonna win... I shook my head..
laugh.gif

YEEUPP wrote:

The Timberwolves are convinced that Spanish point guard Ricky Rubio will make his NBA debut with the team next season.

Multiple sources within the Minnesota organization have guaranteed that Rubio won't be dealt to New York, according to a report in The New York Post.

Rubio was drafted by the Timberwolves with the fifth overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft.http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a..._career_with_wolves_not_knicks/#ixzz15BnqFQNf

Welcome to 2009!

if you read my twitter before the wolves game, and I know you all did, I said love would grab 36 rebounds with Ronnie out. I can only imagine what Scola will do to us.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

if you read my twitter before the wolves game, and I know you all did, I said love would grab 36 rebounds with Ronnie out. I can only imagine what Scola will do to us.
laugh.gif
that part had me laughing

Originally Posted by JPZx

YEEUPP wrote:

Welcome to 2009!

I'll make a prediction for this yr season.. Lakers vs Celtics in the Finals and Lakers win their second straight chip.. And wait.. I think Perkins may get injured.

The fact that Kevin Love's performance was the first 30-30 in 28 years is amazing, when you consider the era of great centers in the 80s/90s

Think about it: Shaq, Hakeem, Patrick, David Robinson, Tim Duncan...etc.....none of them had a 30-30 night.

30t6p3b.gif

I wanter Avery from the start. Oh well.

and, Shaq got close with 26 unless im remembering wrong.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

im sopppp drtunnk rity nowww

efff da kicks son

eek.gif
laugh.gif
dont remember this at all

I was at a junior high school reunion (yea, you read right- JHS reunion lol) in williamsburg,bk.
(Tell me how those hipsters had monstermash playing and then the next song was Jay-Z , 99 problems lol )

But that quote makes me look like the knicks caused me to be alcoholic
laugh.gif
drinking the pain away
grin.gif
laugh.gif

and HTTB, don't do it, we need you lol

Are you guys ready for the L tonight again ? 
pimp.gif

+ I'll like to that that Dantoni is stubborn.. everybody knows but I remember when he was quick to point out "see my system can win you championships"
type talk during the WCF & ECF. He said PHX is in the WCF vs Lakers, & Magic are in the ECF vs. Boston.. And look what two teams got eliminated...
eyes.gif

Spoiler [+]
Yes. That system

Back
Top Bottom