**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

I'm not an I told you so type of guy, but I was wondering how long it would take some people on this board to realize that Mike D'Antoni's performance as New York Knicks coach has been consistently dismal and/or underachieving at best. I said this like 5 games ago in this thread and some people disagreed, but have believed this since about a quarter of the way into the season last year. The only reason he's gotten a pass for so long is because the excuse of rebuilding the team has taken away the focus from his bad coaching job. 

He doesn't seem to know his players very well. His experimentation and back and forth with lineups and rotations kills the potential for cohesiveness on the team. His defense is abysmal. He relies way too heavily on quick transition and outside of the paint offense. His plays after time outs are caca. He's stubborn, has a tremendous ego and will hold a grudge just to prove a point or make an example out of someone.

He's not a good coach for this team.

Jello, I been on the same **+$ since last year. I guess he got a free pass cause the players weren't "fit" for his system. This *%$%@***!$*+ been doing the same **+$ for the last 2 years and it's a goddamn joke. I'm not saying cause I got season tix I know everything but I go to !%%%*#@ damn near every game and D'Antoni is abysmal. It isn't even experimentation with him, he comes out on opening night with Landry on Dre Miller and Felton on Batum. That isn't even experimentation my !%%%*#@ GF even goes why is the PG guarding someone 6'10 with arms down to the !%%%*#@ floor? Then what happens, Batum, quick 6 to open the game, we lose 100-95. Yeah that's not why we lost opening night but still 6 points single handily came cause this !%%%*#@ idiot thinks for some reason, WHEN HE DOES THINK ABOUT DEFENSE, that it's all about neutralizing the PG. ie. Jeffries guarding every !%%%*#@ PG last year creating every mismatch you saw last year. Clearly the D'Antoni bashing isn't gonna stop so while we're on it let's bring up another great D'Antonism: the concept of switching. WHY DO WE !%%%*#@ SWITCH EVERYTHING?????? Seriously, we switch every !%%%*#@ screen it's ridiculous, that's not on the players, anyone that's played basketball knows this. So basically with great Mike D, the only !%%%*#@ consistent defensive principle that we have is....SWITCH EVERY PICK!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I hate this man.

I wish Jerry Jones was our owner. Lol... or at least somebody that actually cares about winning and not the revenue that the Knicks rake in... Mike really isn't cutting it.. this team has good talents.. but I don't see Dantoni leading them into the right(win) direction.

Like Fab said: "+%*+%* get to New York with losses, Dantoni"

I've BEEN telling y'all. Our problems go way past management, players, personnel. We have an OWNERSHIP problem and until Dolan+Cablevision sells the Knicks to someone who wants to WIN--We wont be anything.

The funny thing about all this is the Knicks REALLY started to go downhill when the team was sold to Cablevision in 1997. Sure we made it to the finals and had solid 97-00 teams, but we just could never recover. Jim Doland is NOT a basketball person the least bit. He is a BUSINESSMAN who only inherited the Knicks, because his dad didn't want to have anything to do with the team and decided to leave his son a basketball team. All Dolan really wants is to make profit off the team. He's showing that this season by the outrageous ticket prices.

Also, losing guys like Dave Checketts and Ernie Grunfield won't help an organization as well. Not to mention that fact that Dolan single-handily ran Jeff Van Gundy out of town and called him a "quitter".

Throughout all the years us Knick fans have been placing the blame towards the wrong person. There's a long laundry list of names...

1. Scott Layden
2. Isiah Thomas
3. Stephan Marbury
4. Larry Brown
5. Don Cheney

We all believed these men were cancers to the team, but the whole time the one man who truly was and still is is this man...

james-dolan.jpg

He knows how much the fans hate him and he doesn't care. He really doesn't. The better owners in the league honestly have a concern for fan reaction i.e. Jerry Buss, Mark Cuban etc.

Until he decides to either sell the team to someone who wants to win or just takes a HUGE step back away from having his hands in the Knicks cookie jar we will not win anything any time soon...EVEN IF WE GET MELO AS WELL.

GOODNIGHT AND GOODLUCK, MY FELLOW KNICK BRETHREN.

edit: How the Hell are we any different from the Raiders? How the Hell is Dolan any different from Tom Cable? Really?

nyc makes a good point.

We've had two proven coaches in D'Antoni and Brown come to NY only to disappoint.

I don't think we're going to be good for a very long time.

I'm pretty close to taking a hiatus from this team for a good while. This year isn't going to get any better, this team just flat out isn't good.

I think it's stupid to say Dolan dosn't want to win. He just dosn't know what it takes. He's an idiot.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

eddy curry, shawne williams, & mozgov to the bulls
rose and noah to to denver
melo to the knicks

easyyyyy.
I walked into that 
laugh.gif

like that aint fair after the first eddy trade ... and DuDu ...
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

I think it's stupid to say Dolan dosn't want to win. He just dosn't know what it takes. He's an idiot.
this is actually true. He even admit it himself that he doesn't follow basketball like that. He said he was a hockey guy.

He could be a bad owner, but we should still be able to win games.

Rubio Will Begin Career With Wolves, Not Knicks

Nov 13, 2010 10:34 AM EST

The Timberwolves are convinced that Spanish point guard Ricky Rubio will make his NBA debut with the team next season.

Multiple sources within the Minnesota organization have guaranteed that Rubio won't be dealt to New York, according to a report in The New York Post.

Rubio was drafted by the Timberwolves with the fifth overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft.http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a..._career_with_wolves_not_knicks/#ixzz15BnqFQNf

Back
Top Bottom