**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Knick fans are ok with mediocrity and that is the main reason this team sucks. You would think 10 years of miserable basketball would have you guys accepting facts but some of y'all try seeing the positive in everything, this team is trash.
Once again, you're wrong. I don't know, perhaps you just haven't been paying attention to what people write in this thread for example, but your last comment makes you sound kind of smug like you think only you know what's up with the Knicks.

You're saying the fans are the MAIN reason why this team sucks.

The reason this team sucks IS NOT because Knick fans are ok with medicocrity. Fans have nothing to do with why this organization is a mess. Where did you get that from? The reason why this team sucks is because of the system established by people like James Dolan, Mike D'Antoni and the lineage of suits involved with the organization over the last x amount of years.

Why would you make such an absurd comment like that?

Why would you even make an absurd comment like there's zero talent on this team?

Originally Posted by xbiker47

And if by some Miracle we do get Melo the next step is CP3, and that trio would workout a lot better then the divas in Miami

I'm not saying we get them, I'm not even saying we're getting Melo.

But i agree

i cant even pick stat in a video game 
laugh.gif

oh you got nba jam too? i got it for my birthday lol (since it actually came out on my bday)

i've unlocked Patrick Ewing and John Starks
pimp.gif

what do u mean you can't pick Stat? I've been playing with him all the time

I'm sure its in the Memphis Grizzlies best interest to re-sign Marc Gasol.

Or is he unrestricted ?

If he is dude might just become a laker lol

blaming the fans for the woes of the orginization is ridiculous. blame the media if anything.

Amar’e Stoudemire(notes) has tried to stay positive during the New York Knicks’ early-season struggles, but admitted he didn’t think the team would labor this much after he took a five-year, $100 million contract to leave the Phoenix Suns.

“I was expecting a few more veteran players, to be honest with you,â€

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by xbiker47

And if by some Miracle we do get Melo the next step is CP3, and that trio would workout a lot better then the divas in Miami

I'm not saying we get them, I'm not even saying we're getting Melo.

But i agree

The divas have two of the best players in the league but both guys need the ball in there hands and thats why its not working

With CP3 and Melo together itll workout perfectly plus Stat to compliment
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jello B Afro

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Knick fans are ok with mediocrity and that is the main reason this team sucks. You would think 10 years of miserable basketball would have you guys accepting facts but some of y'all try seeing the positive in everything, this team is trash.
Once again, you're wrong. I don't know, perhaps you just haven't been paying attention to what people write in this thread for example, but your last comment makes you sound kind of smug like you think only you know what's up with the Knicks.

You're saying the fans are the MAIN reason why this team sucks.

The reason this team sucks IS NOT because Knick fans are ok with medicocrity. Fans have nothing to do with why this organization is a mess. Where did you get that from? The reason why this team sucks is because of the system established by people like James Dolan, Mike D'Antoni and the lineage of suits involved with the organization over the last x amount of years.

Why would you make such an absurd comment like that?

Why would you even make an absurd comment like there's zero talent on this team?
He has a point, but maybe not in the sense that he meant it.

MSG's ticket sales are among the highest in the NBA despite being a booty team.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

NYK is 6th overall in attendance this season.  Last season we were 5th.  In the past 10 seasons we haven't dropped from the top 10, usually staying in the 4-6 range. 

We have to stop giving them so much money.  Greed is the ultimate motivator.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

He has a point, but maybe not in the sense that he meant it.

MSG's ticket sales are among the highest in the NBA despite being a booty team.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

NYK is 6th overall in attendance this season.  Last season we were 5th.  In the past 10 seasons we haven't dropped from the top 10, usually staying in the 4-6 range. 

We have to stop giving them so much money.  Greed is the ultimate motivator.
I get what he means but New York City is a basketball town. I know others will claim that we're a baseball (i.e. Yankees) town first, but prior to '94, baseball was nowhere near basketball. Any time there's a slight chance this team gets better (the late 90's, trading for Stephon Marbury, signing STAT), this city gushes over basketball. I don't think this team doing well or doing bad will effect fans showing up for games.

The only thing I hope, and prayed for years ago was that a ton of fans show up and wear paper bags on their heads.

the thing is there are about 8.3 million people that live in new york city. the capacity for a basketball game at the garden is 19,763. so even if the die hards all decide to have some mass petition and never go the another game, the seats will still be full. too much business is done there.

now add the tourists who will come no matter what.

Originally Posted by DubA169

the thing is there are about 8.3 million people that live in new york city. the capacity for a basketball game at the garden is 19,763. so even if the die hards all decide to have some mass petition and never go the another game, the seats will still be full. too much business is done there.

Very true..I went to the Knicks/Warriors game 2 weeks ago and there were tons of random businessmen that knew NOTHING about basketball at the game..You sit in the good seats and look around you and majority of the people there are on their blackberry/iPhone paying no mind at all to the game..When we came back to tie it from being 19 down there were people screaming n pumped, these dudes with the
indifferent.gif
look while they continue to text/e-mail...There were rich tourists that were sitting courtside and a few rows behind courtside..Tickets will continue to sell no matter what

Saddest part of it all is when you sit in the good seats it's boring as hell, and you look up at the 300/400 rows and dudes are going wild, chanting DE-FENSE on every defensive play, and LETS-GO-KNICKS...And as long as the ticket prices stay as expensive as they are, these die-hards will never be able to sit close or let their kids experience that with them
tired.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Originally Posted by DubA169

Very true..I went to the Knicks/Warriors game 2 weeks ago and there were tons of random businessmen that knew NOTHING about basketball at the game..You sit in the good seats and look around you and majority of the people there are on their blackberry/iPhone paying no mind at all to the game..When we came back to tie it from being 19 down there were people screaming n pumped, these dudes with the
indifferent.gif
look while they continue to text/e-mail...There were rich tourists that were sitting courtside and a few rows behind courtside..Tickets will continue to sell no matter what

Saddest part of it all is when you sit in the good seats it's boring as hell, and you look up at the 300/400 rows and dudes are going wild, chanting DE-FENSE on every defensive play, and LETS-GO-KNICKS...And as long as the ticket prices stay as expensive as they are, these die-hards will never be able to sit close or let their kids experience that with them
tired.gif
tired.gif

You just described the Staples Center too...

Thats why the Golden State team when they beat the Mavs
pimp.gif
, they had the crazy crowd. Those were real fans.

* - In the post-practice scrimmage, which were three full court four-on-four games to seven or five minutes, which ever came first, was [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Kelenna Azubuike. The injured guard just started running full court, full contact basketball this week and he said he was close to being game ready.[/color] He predicted about another week, but considering the extent of the injury (torn patellar tendon in his left knee) and how long it has been since he last played in an NBA game (369 days ago), it seems doubtful he'll make that quick of a return. But the fact that he's back on the court and talking about being ready is encouraging. The Knicks can certainly use his athleticism, defense and three-point shot to bring depth to the two-guard position.

* - I guess it should be noted that Curry was part of the scrimmage and ran up and down the court, which tells you he is fully recovered from the hamstring injury from training camp. Curry certainly didn't move quickly and wasn't very active, but he did have one monster dunk around Anthony Randolph. Will he ever get into a game? Maybe, but most likely against a team that has big bodies to bang with, such as the Celtics.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

* - In the post-practice scrimmage, which were three full court four-on-four games to seven or five minutes, which ever came first, was Kelenna Azubuike. The injured guard just started running full court, full contact basketball this week and he said he was close to being game ready. He predicted about another week, but considering the extent of the injury (torn patellar tendon in his left knee) and how long it has been since he last played in an NBA game (369 days ago), it seems doubtful he'll make that quick of a return. But the fact that he's back on the court and talking about being ready is encouraging. The Knicks can certainly use his athleticism, defense and three-point shot to bring depth to the two-guard position.

* - I guess it should be noted that Curry was part of the scrimmage and ran up and down the court, which tells you he is fully recovered from the hamstring injury from training camp. Curry certainly didn't move quickly and wasn't very active, but he did have one monster dunk around Anthony Randolph. Will he ever get into a game? Maybe, but most likely against a team that has big bodies to bang with, such as the Celtics.

Id like to see Curry get a few garbage minutes tonight
embarassed.gif

If Curry is in last year's shape before he got hurt, he might be an upgrade from Mozgov.
+%#@ that piece of $+*@. We could've had LaMarcus Aldridge, Noah and a chance instead of him.

Timofey Mozgov will miss tonight’s game against the Warriors due to a sore calf, which could open up minutes for Anthony Randolph, who didn’t play in Wednesday’s game against the Kings. But there’s also a chance that Shawne Williams could get a look. Williams – selected 17th overall in the 2006 NBA Draft by then-Indiana general manager Donnie Walsh – has impressed Knick management with his work in practice, and might give the team some additional length and athleticism off the bench.

Thank god. What's the point in hyping him up just to sit him down? If AR can stay on the court, limit his mistakes, play within himself and the flow of the offense, maybe get into a good shooting rhythm... Nah, buck that %#%@$ too. He shouldn't be allowed to touch the ball in a half court set ever again. Not unless he's 2 feet from the rim, and even then if he misses another dunk, he better sit his *!# down. 
mad.gif

One player you might not be seeing on the Knick bench for much longer is rookie Andy Rautins. D’Antoni told reporters yesterday that the team is considering sending Rautins to the Knicks’ D-League affiliate in Springfield, Massachusetts so he’ll have an opportunity to get some experience playing point guard.

If Lance Stephenson didn't beat his girl and dropkick her down the stairs, I might feel some type of way. 
eyes.gif
 Watch Rautins really turn into JJ in a few years though...

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

indifferent.gif

tired.gif
tired.gif

^^ 100% right...i've been everywhere in the Garden from court side to all the way up in the 400s and the crowd is so dead up front.  Nothing but corporate dudes who could careless about basketball.  I prefer sitting in the 300s then feeling awkward cheering because everyone around me is quiet up in the front, they look at you as if you're stupid for having a good time.  

I can't believe this organization, errrr..D'Antoni thinks Rautins can play PG in the NBA.

And to be honest, it's not like Curry can do any worse than Mozgov at this point. But he'll pull something 30 seconds in if he ever sees the floor, so it's not even worth discussing.

sorry, i'm not helping eddy curry get in shape so he can take his talents to miami next year. i would rot him on the bench

its been a long time since i posted here, but damn i have to say landry fields has really impressed me alot, if blake griffin or wall wasn't having a good season i think he might have a shot at ROY. but then again we got about 70 games left we'll see.

[h2]Knicks' Walker, Williams Fight At Practice[/h2]
Nov 19, 2010 6:00 PM EST

nyk_40.gif
Knicks reserves Bill Walker and Shawne Williams had to be separated during practice on Thursday.

Williams was driving to the basket when Walker took him down hard. Williams shot up from the floor and lunged at Walker.

Teammates broke the pair apart, but Williams kept going at Walker and was even restrained by Eddy Curry.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz15mInneaJ

Back
Top Bottom