**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

it really is sad that you pick a headcase who keeps getting arrested over ewing jr. just another dumb move by an awful franchise

I would say I'm surprised Shawne Williams was kept, but I just remembered Walsh drafted him in Indiana.

--Troubled former Indiana Pacers forward Shawne Williams has been arrested after police found marijuana and a loaded gun in the car he was driving.
-- Indiana suspended him three games after he was arrested when police found marijuana in the SUV he was driving.
-- He left early from a Pacers game when a murder suspect in Tennessee was arrested shortly after leaving Williams' suburban Indianapolis home.
-- Police arrested a passenger in Williams' car for marijuana possession, a move that led the Pacers to trade Williams to Dallas.
-- He appeared in just 15 games over two seasons and was told essentially to stay away from the Mavericks because of behavioral issues.
-- The Mavericks traded Williams to New Jersey in January, but he was quickly waived after coach Kiki Vandeweghe said he was "way out of shape."
-- Hours later, Williams was indicted in Memphis on eight counts of possession and conspiracy to sell a codeine-based syrup.

laugh.gif

Are you kidding? I been waiting to see Patrick JR get a chance in the A.. this team is sorta well composed with nobodys, which is cool.. do we really need the headcase.. smh

Originally Posted by Proshares

Thank you to whoever took CP3 and left me Bron.
I wasn't home during the draft. I ahd the 3rd pick so im guessing it was a random pick from Yahoo.. My whole team is random. SMH

I'll trade you CP3 for Bron.
frown.gif

If we were gonna dump Ewing II and keep a @#*#-head like Williams, we shoulda just took Stephenson instead of Rautins.

exactly. that's why i'm mad. how do you not draft someone because he's a headcase and then throw out ewing's son for another headcase who will never play anyway. not one unlikeable person on this team until now

you only take on a headcase if they have immense talent. maks no sense

This was a 'Donnie pick'...neither had affiliations to PE JR, so there you go. He was the fans charity case. Shawne is a Donnie charity case. Rautins was a Mike charity case. Those win out.

To the bigger picture, I don't like the give and take that has been going on between Donnie and Mike.

It's like Donnie let him have Gallo, let him have Rautins, let him have Mason...and then Donnie gets to have his pick of guys like Randolph, Williams and keeping a guy like Will around it.

I think will LeBron in the fold, blending their two basketball philosophies would have been a perfect marriage to surround him with.. Athleticism and length (Donnie) matched with skills and shooting (Mike). Now, they have to figure out the right mix without the best player in the world. We'll see..right now the team is dividen into three parts. A) The Compromises. B) The Mike's. C) The Donnie's.

A needs to be greater than B+C combined. Getting there, but not quite.

i used to think you were reaching with the "donnie guys" vs. "mike guys" but i think you hit it on the head

and i'm pretty damn nervous about this season. i think the melo talk is gonna destroy the team slowly because i promise you we are gonna get off to a shaky start.

[table][tr][td]
[font=times new roman, times, serif]SCHOENE on 2010-11[/font]
Final Projections

by Kevin Pelton
[/td][td][/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
On the eve of the 2010-11 season, Basketball Prospectus offers the final update to the SCHOENE projections originally found in�Pro Basketball Prospectus 2010-11. These standings factor in the most recent estimates of injuries and playing time and utilize Bradford Doolittle's simulator (run 1,000 times) to account for the variability in projections. The percentages shown reflect the frequency with which each team won its division, a conference title and an NBA championship.
Code:
East Playoffs Win%    W L     Play  Con  NBA ORating    DRating---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Miami         .709 58.2 23.8 1.000 .534 .373 113.3 (5)  106.3 (1)Orlando       .652 53.5 28.5 1.000 .268 .148 112.6 (7)  107.7 (5)Chicago       .605 49.6 32.4 .997  .110 .043 110.6 (13) 107.5 (3)New York      .538 44.1 37.9 .930  .031 .010 113.7 (4)  112.5 (29)Boston        .528 43.3 38.7 .900  .023 .010 109.3 (21) 108.7 (10)Milwaukee     .517 42.4 39.6 .855  .021 .006 108.7 (22) 108.2 (9)New Jersey    .498 40.9 41.1 .766  .006 .000 110.4 (15) 110.8 (20)Cleveland     .489 40.1 41.9 .699  .005 .000 110.0 (17) 110.6 (19)
[/td][/tr][/table]

Pelton is up there with Hollinger. According to this we got a 93% change of making the playoffs, 3% chance of the Finals, 1% of winning it.

That defensive rating though... �
sick.gif

And the grain is obvious. NJ AND Ohire in...�
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I don't understand why anyone cares about a 15th man getting cut
laugh.gif

I still prolly would have kept him over Rautins and maybe Williams but it makes zero difference.
Pat Ewing Jr. is the only way we'll reverse the curse.

Seriously, Shawne Williams made the roster? While watching the NBATV practice & Open Practice, I thought the dude was a practice squad player (like in the NFL). Dude is really on the roster?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by viiheaven

laugh.gif

I still prolly would have kept him over Rautins and maybe Williams but it makes zero difference.

Seriously, Shawne Williams made the roster? While watching the NBATV practice & Open Practice, I thought the dude was a practice squad player (like in the NFL). Dude is really on the roster?
indifferent.gif
What curse, you mean getting a connection to Ewing a guy who was ultimately not good enough to get us over the hump? Donnie Walsh choose his guy, he drafted Shawne in Indiana and obviously has a soft spot for the kid.  Donnie gets his one pointless roster spot (Shawne), D'antoni gets his (Rautins)...both players won't touch the court this season so it makes zero difference.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
What curse, you mean getting a connection to Ewing a guy who was ultimately not good enough to get us over the hump? Donnie Walsh choose his guy, he drafted Shawne in Indiana and obviously has a soft spot for the kid.  Donnie gets his one pointless roster spot (Shawne), D'antoni gets his (Rautins)...both players won't touch the court this season so it makes zero difference.
That's right, Donnie got his selfish pick, Mike got his selfish pick. Neither matter. But nevermind the fans, who you've sold a pipe dream to for the past 2-years with an unspoken promise that we'll land a franchise-changing player (and by all accounts, everyone obviously knows it was LeBron). And after you failed to land him and the fans have nothing to revel in but the fact that we gave a $100-million contract to the "bottom of the top-tier" of the free-agent list.

And then you trade one of two fan favorites (Nate was already traded during the season) in David Lee for basically Anthony Randolph who has shown us nothing and is another "Donnie pick". And so far, the guy has shown nothing. Oh, and by the way, he's starting the season on the bench. And for the record, I haven't given up on A. Randolph, having a bad pre-season doesn't mean much. Though, it would have been nice to see those brilliant flashes everyone keeps talking about.

The one guy though Knicks fans were excited to see in a Knicks uniform, even if he was going to warm the bench all season, you decide to cut. Not sure if you were at the open practice, but the guy who got the biggest ovation at the open practice after Amar'e & Gallo, was Pat Ewing Jr.. Why not give the fans this little bit of nostalgia? You already traded away David Lee, you already got rid of Nate Robinson. If none of the last 3 players are going to make a difference, why not give the fans something for once?

In fairness to Pat, where he took this franchise was pretty damn good considering John Starks was his #2 during his prime. (and I think fans have realized such since his departure)

Call me late, ive finally noticed these "Donnie picks" and "Mike picks".

Lets move on guys.

I swear the sentimentalism for bums Knicks fans have is bewildering to me
30t6p3b.gif
. The supports we give and hype up wack player is the same reason they hike up the price every year.  If Knicks fans didn't get so emotionally attached to guys like Nate we wouldn't have been here in the first place.  The fans are a huge part of the reason the Knicks are where they are right now.  Regardless, Donnie has done a great job clearing the cap and making moves.  If you thought we were a lock to get LeBron I don't know where you got that from.  Donnie sure did everything he could to make it happen, he can have his 15th man imo.

And we'll save the Ewing talks for another day
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom