**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

if we were another down on their luck team like say the clippers, wolves, or kings the media would be singing praises for the team. that's just the way it is. it's a hated owner, a hated fanbase, and a hated team.

don't get hung up on the media. we could make the ECF and they would just talk about how we will lose in the finals. nature of the business.

voted a few times bout to do it again. lets do what we can to get stat to start. and end KGs starting streak
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Kings Samuel Dalembert Wants Out

spacer.gif

Posted: 1/6/2011 5:57:00 AM
Source: Ailene Voisin of The Sacramento Bee

Samuel Dalembert's stay in Sacramento has been short and anything but sweet. The Kings center has been injured, frustrated about the style of play and, of late, more than mildly upset about his diminishing role.

If he isn't exactly demanding a trade, his agent, Marc Cornstein, is in town seeking clarification of his client's role – and is more than a little receptive to a relocation.

"They have to let me know which direction they want to go," Dalembert said. "They know what I do best. I block shots, rebound, get us in the fast break. Am I going to play the next five years in a place that is a contender, or am I going to be here, helping this team get better? It's up to them. But I am not going to lie. This is very frustrating."

I remember a few weeks ago when I asked him if he was insulted by the notion that the Nuggets didn't want to make a trade with the Knicks because they felt there wasn't any valuable talent on the roster. Wilson looked up, shrugged and said, "No, I don't want to go to Denver." Newsday

Update: Nuggets, Nets Renew Carmelo Talks

spacer.gif

Posted: 1/6/2011 6:24:00 AM
Source: Ken Berger of CBS Sports

Talks between the Denver Nuggets and New Jersey Nets are back on. "The Nets, after backing away a week a week ago, are slowly starting to make progress again on a Carmelo [Anthony] deal. Most executives believe that will go right down to the deadline, because the Nuggets believe they can get the same deal then that they can get now. And the Nets aren't going anywhere either, they want Carmelo."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineS...YER_ID=&hd=20110106#STORY_30502#ixzz1AIDCic1P
http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineS...YER_ID=&hd=20110106#STORY_30502#ixzz1AIClhvW3

Offtopic once again, but i remember Proph posted an article stating the MTA wanted us to use our unlimited metros before January 10th if you bought it before the price increase, but what happens if we dont? Do they just become void?
nerd.gif

I'd LOVE Dalembert.
"They have to let me know which direction they want to go," Dalembert said. "They know what I do best. I block shots, rebound, get us in the fast break. Am I going to play the next five years in a place that is a contender, or am I going to be here, helping this team get better? It's up to them. But I am not going to lie. This is very frustrating."

Sounds PERFECT.
devil.gif

I remember a few weeks ago when I asked him if he was insulted by the notion that the Nuggets didn't want to make a trade with the Knicks because they felt there wasn't any valuable talent on the roster. Wilson looked up, shrugged and said, "No, I don't want to go to Denver." Newsday

This dude easily becoming my favorite Knick.
embarassed.gif

Need a big Chandler highlight for an avatar.
glasses.gif

if we cant get melo with curry contract at the deadline i want dalembert... i dont think he fits in the system as far as bigs that can shoot but i think he can be a defensive presence like turiaf but a little better

I was REALLY down on Chandler at the end of last year but dude seriously is my favorite Knick at the moment.
pimp.gif
Dude put in a lot of work this off season, clap for 'em.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Offtopic once again, but i remember Proph posted an article stating the MTA wanted us to use our unlimited metros before January 10th if you bought it before the price increase, but what happens if we dont? Do they just become void?
nerd.gif
if it isn't totally voided, you'd only get a couple of weeks out of it.

I slept on Will too. Dude is balling.

Originally Posted by BangDak

nerd.gif
yea, you answered your own question

but if you want to test it out..go ahead and tell us what happened lol

the first ever swipe has to be before the 10th

I'm probably reaching.
laugh.gif

Looks like he copied my research and analysis on "Wilson Chandler vs. Carmelo" a couple pages back.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Melo doesn't solve ANY need we have right now. He's not gonna run the point or guard Centers.

He's a legitimate 1b option to Stat when it comes to our offense. Chandlers played great last night, but he doesn't always have the ability to create his own shot like Melo does. When teams converge on Stat we suffer, unless our shooters are knocking down shots. Melo will help with that.
Don't get me wrong none of my opinion is just based of last night's game.

Chandler is not gonna do it like anybody but him. He does have the ability. Chandler gets 18 points on 13 shots a game. Melo gets 24 points on 19 shots. If Chandler gets those 6 more shots, being that he's close to 50% shooting he would almost always get to 24.
nerd.gif
Melo shooting 43%. Melo also gets 8 FT's a game and at his level he's probably getting 2-3 calls just cause he's Melo. Chandler gets 5 FT's a game because he get's fouled 3 times, nothing else. Couple more years and Chandler is getting the extra whistle or 2 as well.

Chandler get his shots in the flow of the game. Sometimes settles for jumpers, but it's a good mix most of the time. Melo will pound the ball most of the shot clock go one on one. Chandler is more efficient than Melo this year. Chandler is younger and will not demand a max. Chandler and Melo are redundant for the most part.

Money wise: Chandler and 2 other role pieces > Melo.

I don't want to turn this into a Chandler vs. Melo, because I
know Melo is the better individual player, but for the Knicks I like what we got and I think we keep the core and build around it.

Basically why try and fix the parts of the car that work instead of trying to cop new accessories to upgrade the car as a whole?
grin.gif

his post from RealGM.

not to mention chandler's improved perimeter play is a lot better than anthony's who doesn't have. i still want chandler to draw more fouls, that's the only thing separating him from being an elite player. he's improved so many things, including limiting the stupid mistakes he always used to do.

chandler takes 14 shots and averages 18 points while only going to the line 2 times a game. if he can get that to 5-6 then you have a 23+ point scorer.

grin.gif
My post was @ 5pm yesterday. His came 2:30am this morning.

Just wondering if it was someone on here.
nerd.gif

I forget my password for my realgm account, royal baller.
30t6p3b.gif
Haven't posted there for a long time.

Or you're reaching and that isn't that crazy of a coincidence. It isn't like he looked at game logs and advanced stats, it's FG% and FT's.

Turiaf almost busted his shoulder reaching like you is right now.
laugh.gif

If that was on this board...aight...but cmon now.

How old is that?
Bloomberg: Please Jim, do what's best for the city. Let my people go. Sell the team to me.

Melo commands a double or at the very least has defenses geared to stop him. Will doesn't. Making it easy for him to score more efficiently

Back
Top Bottom