**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

It's crazy how no teams have made any moves recently since this saga has continued and been at the forefront.

I would have expected a lot of minor moves getting done.

Also, is it clear that shorty is wearing a Knick jersey if you didn't see the video before and were just seeing the avy for the first time ? Wanted "New York" to have some more "pop".
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

It's crazy how no teams have made any moves recently since this saga has continued and been at the forefront.

Also, is it clear that shorty is wearing a Knick jersey if you didn't see the video before and were just seeing the avy for the first time ? Wanted "New York" to have some more "pop".
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

yea i think keeping chandler is more important than keeping gallanari. chandler can guard different positions.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
what jersey?

Funny how a new report comes out with a "proposal" that the Knicks supposedly turned down. As well as states other teams still having a chance to get a deal done for Melo.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
what jersey?

laugh.gif
Not sure if serious.

But just in case. My avy...

Originally Posted by DubA169

yea i think keeping chandler is more important than keeping gallanari. chandler can guard different positions.
Neither one of them are great defenders. Chandler can guard more positions but that aint really a huge asset when you look at the results. I'd guess only reason Chandler does guard more positions is cuz D'Antoni doesn't want Gallo in foul trouble.

I mean are we really gonna say S. Williams can guard multiple positions?
laugh.gif

I can't say keeping Chandler is more important. Dude has showed he will go ghost when there are trade rumors about him. What about pressure in the playoffs? If we keeping him out of this trade, hope it's to put him in another.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by DubA169

Neither one of them are great defenders. Chandler can guard more positions but that aint really a huge asset when you look at the results. I'd guess only reason Chandler does guard more positions is cuz D'Antoni doesn't want Gallo in foul trouble.

I mean are we really gonna say S. Williams can guard multiple positions?
laugh.gif

I can't say keeping Chandler is more important. Dude has showed he will go ghost when there are trade rumors about him. What about pressure in the playoffs? If we keeping him out of this trade, hope it's to put him in another.

eek.gif
Didn't even think of that. We could probably get a great piece for Chandler too.

but
laugh.gif
@ us ready to give EVERYBODY up now.

embarassed.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Amare might sit out the ASG...
tired.gif

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- New York Knicks big man Amare Stoudemire is ready and raring to go for Wednesday night's game against Al Horford and the Atlanta Hawks, though he is unsure if he'll play Sunday in the NBA All-Star Game.

"We'll see how the toe feels after the game tomorrow and go from there," Stoudemire said Tuesday.

Three days after missing his first game of the season with a sprained right big toe, Stoudemire participated in a full-contact scrimmage with the Knicks as they prepared to play their final game prior to the All-Star break.

[h4]"The toe is a little sore still, but I was able to persevere through the soreness and practice today, so I feel pretty good," Stoudemire said. "It feels much better than three days ago. Three days ago I could hardly walk on it. Now I can run and jump. I haven't tried to really jump explosive yet, I'm going to try more tomorrow. But it's so far, so good."[/h4]

The NBA traditionally frowns upon players sitting out the All-Star Game if they have played in their team's final game prior to the break, and Stoudemire would be entering touchy territory if he declines to play Sunday in the league's showcase event.

"If I don't play, I will definitely have to participate, which is fine with me. I wouldn't mind playing a few minutes. But if my toe feels great then I'll play," Stoudemire said.

But first, Stoudemire will be matched up against fellow All-Star Horford for the first time since Jan. 28, when the Hawks and Knicks played an intense game in Atlanta. In that game, Hawks forward Marvin Williams and Knicks forward Shawne Williams got into an altercation, Marvin Williams drawing a two-game suspension and Shawne Williams getting a one-game penalty for throwing punches.

Horford was particularly vocal and demonstrative in Atlanta's 111-102 victory last month, and Stoudemire was clearly relishing the prospect of going up against him again.

"It's going to be a very, very intense game after what happened in Atlanta," said Stoudemire, who took umbrage at Horford's histrionics. "He don't want to see me. I watched him play in Florida, and I've seen him play a few years in Atlanta. We've got two different games, and we'll see how it plays out tomorrow."

Coincidentally, the Knicks got a guest visit at practice Tuesday by boxer Shane Mosley, who is prepping for an upcoming fight against Manny Pacquiao. (Mosley also showed he is adept at spinning a basketball on his fingertip.)

The Hawks have won two straight on the road and four of their past six games overall to move percentage points ahead of Chicago into fourth place in the Eastern Conference. The Knicks' hold on the sixth spot in the East has weakened, having lost four of their past six games.

"I feel like we owe them guys from last game," Williams said. "Ain't nothing personal, like I said that day. We were competing in the heat of the moment and it got out of hand. There's no hard feelings after. You play the game and you get caught up in the moment and things happen sometimes. It's not like it's premeditated or anything. Everything's good."

Personally, he should sit out tomorrow's game esp if he's planning on going full speed against Horford. We need variety at the ASG...it's already bad enough that it's basically Heat/Celtics Vs. the West.

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
what jersey?

laugh.gif
Not sure if serious.

i mean all i see are boobs

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
This trade talk is OD right now. Now we're on to who to keep due to the fact they can guard multiple positions, y'all know we don't play any D anyways
laugh.gif

OT - Modell's running 40% off till the 17th, I wanna pull the trigger on one of those authentic throwbacks that we been wearing, unis looking crisp as ##*. Saves about $100 on the jersey so it's kinda a no brainer IMO.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Wish the sale ran thru the trade deadline though
laugh.gif
I'd cop a Fields if I knew he was gonna definitely be on the team next week, obviously STAT is gonna be the choice if I decide to play it safe. Feedback?
nerd.gif

That's what I've always had my mind on when I see Donnie doesn't want to include all 3 of our pieces. I just want to keep Fields and Mozgov to a lesser extent if the rumors of him being traded are true. So if we are giving up Gallo and Chandler, one's for Melo and then there's a whole bunch of other rumors for Brooks, Nash w/Hill, Mayo, Pryzbilla where we could then add in TD, Walker, Mason Jr., etc. especially if we'd be giving up Felton in that Melo deal since I don't think Chauncey wants to play for us.

eek.gif
Didn't even think of that. We could probably get a great piece for Chandler too.

but
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
   I knew that if some triggers weren't pulled soon, we would finally be okay with giving up damn near anyone.
Now we kind of feeling like our backs are against the wall in a way.

But honestly, I do not believe that the knicks turned down BOTH billups and melo for that package they stated. Even if they said that it's 3 starters.
sound's too good to be true. and I really didnt believe the story once i read it...
but 3 starters & a first rounder...
hmm idk. wouldnt they have to move AR for that 1st rounder first?

wait, when is the next 1st round draft pick that actually belongs to us?

I just really hope we don't play cat and mouse and we end up getting burned in the end.

and gabe the only AVY i see you have is of amare dunking on the clips.

Originally Posted by throwback1718

eek.gif

but
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
   I knew that if some triggers weren't pulled soon, we would finally be okay with giving up damn near anyone.

But honestly, I do not believe that the knicks turned down BOTH billups and melo for that package they stated. Even if they said that it's 3 starters.
sound's too good to be true. and I really didnt believe the story once i read it...

I just really hope we don't play cat and mouse and we end up getting burned in the end.

Our next draft pic that can be traded is 2012/'13 I think.

Not even with us giving up our roster though. It's just how Donnie works. Last summer he made moves that didn't necessarily have just LeBron in mind. So I'm sure he has stuff to do if we get Melo and a lot more moves to be made if we don't get him.

Plus I'm forgetting that Donnie is just waiting until after all of this to sign Barron.

Originally Posted by throwback1718

eek.gif

but
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Well, you should be in for a nice surprise when your browser updates my update.
pimp.gif

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
what jersey?

laugh.gif
Not sure if serious.

i mean all i see are boobs

Figured that. Just in cased it though...
laugh.gif

that knicks jersey at modells is tempting... what would yall cop? white swingman amare or blue? or what about the all star swingman? the swingman is 48 but no free shipping because free shipping is 49 and up 
indifferent.gif
... and the all star is 60 shipped for a swingman... i want the knicks throwback authentic and put amare on there but im not sure on sizing... and you can't return customized jerseys so i might pass on the authenic 

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Amare might sit out the ASG...
tired.gif

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- New York Knicks big man Amare Stoudemire is ready and raring to go for Wednesday night's game against Al Horford and the Atlanta Hawks, though he is unsure if he'll play Sunday in the NBA All-Star Game.

"We'll see how the toe feels after the game tomorrow and go from there," Stoudemire said Tuesday.

Three days after missing his first game of the season with a sprained right big toe, Stoudemire participated in a full-contact scrimmage with the Knicks as they prepared to play their final game prior to the All-Star break.

[h4]"The toe is a little sore still, but I was able to persevere through the soreness and practice today, so I feel pretty good," Stoudemire said. "It feels much better than three days ago. Three days ago I could hardly walk on it. Now I can run and jump. I haven't tried to really jump explosive yet, I'm going to try more tomorrow. But it's so far, so good."[/h4]

The NBA traditionally frowns upon players sitting out the All-Star Game if they have played in their team's final game prior to the break, and Stoudemire would be entering touchy territory if he declines to play Sunday in the league's showcase event.

"If I don't play, I will definitely have to participate, which is fine with me. I wouldn't mind playing a few minutes. But if my toe feels great then I'll play," Stoudemire said.

But first, Stoudemire will be matched up against fellow All-Star Horford for the first time since Jan. 28, when the Hawks and Knicks played an intense game in Atlanta. In that game, Hawks forward Marvin Williams and Knicks forward Shawne Williams got into an altercation, Marvin Williams drawing a two-game suspension and Shawne Williams getting a one-game penalty for throwing punches.

Horford was particularly vocal and demonstrative in Atlanta's 111-102 victory last month, and Stoudemire was clearly relishing the prospect of going up against him again.

"It's going to be a very, very intense game after what happened in Atlanta," said Stoudemire, who took umbrage at Horford's histrionics. "He don't want to see me. I watched him play in Florida, and I've seen him play a few years in Atlanta. We've got two different games, and we'll see how it plays out tomorrow."

Coincidentally, the Knicks got a guest visit at practice Tuesday by boxer Shane Mosley, who is prepping for an upcoming fight against Manny Pacquiao. (Mosley also showed he is adept at spinning a basketball on his fingertip.)

The Hawks have won two straight on the road and four of their past six games overall to move percentage points ahead of Chicago into fourth place in the Eastern Conference. The Knicks' hold on the sixth spot in the East has weakened, having lost four of their past six games.

"I feel like we owe them guys from last game," Williams said. "Ain't nothing personal, like I said that day. We were competing in the heat of the moment and it got out of hand. There's no hard feelings after. You play the game and you get caught up in the moment and things happen sometimes. It's not like it's premeditated or anything. Everything's good."
Personally, he should sit out tomorrow's game esp if he's planning on going full speed against Horford. We need variety at the ASG...it's already bad enough that it's basically Heat/Celtics Vs. the West.

frown.gif
@ Amare being even a LITTLE hurt.

glasses.gif
@ going at Horford like this. Or anybody else in the league for that manner. I like this edge he's shown.

Originally Posted by you go boy

that knicks jersey at modells is tempting... what would yall cop? white swingman amare or blue? or what about the all star swingman? the swingman is 48 but no free shipping because free shipping is 49 and up 
indifferent.gif
... and the all star is 60 shipped for a swingman... i want the knicks throwback authentic and put amare on there but im not sure on sizing... and you can't return customized jerseys so i might pass on the authenic 

its free shipping on anything over $49 before the 40%. The "Nueva York" swing man is $48 shipped

Originally Posted by you go boy

indifferent.gif

its free shipping on anything over $49 before the 40%. The "Nueva York" swing man is $48 shipped
thanks for the clarification... makes me want to cop even more... just not sure which swingman
laugh.gif

wow i'm shocked. so far on both jim rome and around the horn everyone was applauding the knicks for declining the deal. most of them said it was terrible

^^copped an Amar'e throwback, came out to $149.99 size 44. People said that fits like a M. Went to Mo's the other day to look at em just to make sure I got the fit right before dropping that much on a jersey. I know the price still is
30t6p3b.gif
but those joints looked extra
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom