**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by GJones712

Hope we come out playing well against Washington tomorrow. Amar'e needs to show up.
If Gallo keeps shooting the ball well teams will need to respect him and that should free up Amare a little in the post.

amare also doesn't seem to get some calls i've seen him get in the past. not to a crazy degree, but it's noticeable

Originally Posted by DubA169

THE KNICKS ARE BACK

laugh.gif
4 games in
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by GJones712

Hope we come out playing well against Washington tomorrow. Amar'e needs to show up.
If Gallo keeps shooting the ball well teams will need to respect him and that should free up Amare a little in the post.
They should be eating off each other every night

that's right 4 games in. the old knicks would have blown the lead in toronto and chicago. we just busted one of the better teams %%* on national television on their home court. we have blocked more shots in the last 4 games than we have in 2 years. playing with heart and pride

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Ayo DSK, serious question, how the hell did you become a Yankees and Knicks fan while living in Boston and rooting for the Patrios? You're like a mulatto in the 1860s.
roll.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I was raised in The City so Knicks + Yankees came first...didn't start watching football until I moved out to MA in '99...

We'll be fine, two wins, two lost.. Lost vs two of the top teams in the L. 5 points, 3 points.

Our next couple of games ...... Wiz, 76ers, Bucks, GS are all games we can and should win.

we shouldn't be any worse than 5-3 after our next 4 games

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Hol' up, this Toney Douglas cat been shooting over 50% so far. Did we come up on a steal?

Don't forget Fields. That's back to back late 1st, early 2nd steals. 
smokin.gif

It took our first 11 games to get this many wins last year. 
nerd.gif

The Knicks ain't back ... shut that %$!* up.
How can you guys be back if you never really won %%@+ though? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by bittersweet

nerd.gif

See .... Gallo knocked the 'sweet' off this one. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by bittersweet

nerd.gif
That's a lot of talk coming from someone who saw their team get WORKED. Trust me, Ya'll ain't win $@*% either after Y'all dogged MJ out of town, so we're on the same boat.

It's amazing how people STILL talk after talking so much $@*% before seeing their team lose. Just take this L and keep it moving till the next time we see each other at the Garden. 

Spoiler [+]
 Thursday, November 4, 2010
Isiah Thomas still wants Knicks title

ESPN.com news services 

Isiah Thomas still believes he can help the New York Knicks win a title."I want to be on the float and I want to get my ring," Thomas told ESPNNewYork.com.
[h4]More From ESPNNewYork.com[/h4]
oconnor_ian_m.jpg

Isiah Thomas believes that, with or without LeBron James, he will someday help the Knicks win their first NBA title since 1973, writes Ian O'Connor. Column
When Thomas took over the Knicks in 2003 he had planned to bring LeBron James to Madison Square Garden in free agency this past summer. But in 2008, Thomas lost his jobs as president and coach of the Knicks.Now, he is coaching college basketball at Florida International, just down the road from where James plays with Dwyane WadeChris Bosh and the Miami Heat."I do find it ironic that we all ended up here in Miami instead of us all ending up in New York," Thomas said. "But it's a four-year deal."It will be four years before James can opt out on the Heat.
roll.gif

Asked if he hopes to replace Donnie Walsh whenever the 69-year-old Knicks president retires, Thomas said, "Every single day of the week.""When I look at my GM/executive record, if I'm evaluated on that, then whoever's after Donnie, if you're not talking about some of the top people in the game, I'll put my draft evaluation record up against anyone's."

Well Zeke does have a point. He may have been a horrible GM and coach, but he drafted some nice talent around the league.

The whole Isaiah article if you can stomach it.
Spoiler [+]
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Exiled Isiah is itching for an encore

By Ian O'Connor
ESPNNewYork.com

[table][tr][td][/td][td]
ny_g_thomas_b3_576.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td][font=verdana, arial, geneva]Isiah Thomas told ESPNNewYork.com he believes he can still bring a title to Madison Square Garden.[/font][/td][/tr][/table]
MIAMI -- Isiah Thomas thought he would be dead by age 20, so at 49 he offers no apologies for betting on himself. Exiled in Miami, haunted by his proximity to LeBron James, Thomas embraces his articles of blind faith like one would a baby in a storm.

Isiah believes James (and perhaps Dwyane Wade) would be starting for the New York Knicks if Isiah had remained president of the team.

Isiah believes he can recruit James out of Miami and into Madison Square Garden in 2014.

Isiah believes that, with or without James, he will someday help the Knicks win their first NBA title since 1973.

"I want to be on the float and I want to get my ring," Thomas said.

As he stepped out of a soft South Florida rain and into a Coconut Grove restaurant the other day, Thomas, now the head coach of Florida International University, projected that familiar boyish vibe he maintained as a grown-up player, coach and executive in the NBA.

Wearing sneakers, sweatpants and a white T-shirt bearing the FIU name and teeth-baring Golden Panthers logo, Thomas looked fit enough to take an outlet pass from Dennis Rodman and lead a three-on-one break.
[table][tr][td][/td][td]
ny_g_thomas_b1_300.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td][font=verdana, arial, geneva]Thomas, who currently coaches at FIU, dreams of recruiting LeBron James to New York in 2014.[/font][/td][/tr][/table]
But in a wide-ranging two-hour interview with ESPNNewYork.com, Thomas spent far less time on his Hall of Fame playing days in Detroit than he did on his tumultuous time as an executive and coach in New York, where he believes a sexual harassment trial cost him a job he is driven to reclaim.

Asked if he hopes to replace Donnie Walsh whenever the 69-year-old Knicks president retires, Thomas said, "Every single day of the week.

"When I look at my GM/executive record, if I'm evaluated on that, then whoever's after Donnie, if you're not talking about some of the top people in the game, I'll put my draft evaluation record up against anyone's."

Thomas lost his jobs as president and coach of the Knicks in 2008, but had already suffered a more damaging defeat in the courtroom when a team executive, Anucha Browne Sanders, won her sexual harassment case against the Garden and Thomas and a jury award of $11.6 million in punitive damages (the Garden settled the case for $11.5 million before a hearing on potential compensatory damages).

Both the Garden and Thomas raged against the verdict, and the fallout from the trial and the loss of his career inspired a devastating choice on Oct. 24, 2008, when he overdosed on sleeping pills in the hours after his teenage daughter was hospitalized for an undisclosed medical issue.

"I was a deeply bruised and scarred person," Thomas said. "I wasn't trying to take my life, but I wanted and needed that day to be over."

If Isiah Thomas went to hell and back, it wasn't his first round trip. Growing up on the West Side of Chicago, Thomas said that he lost one drug-addicted brother to AIDS and that another brother "basically drank himself to death." His father, Isiah Sr., left the family when Isiah Jr. was 6, and when his mother, Mary, wasn't scrubbing floors in a local monastery and cooking for the priests and nuns, she was guarding her home with a sawed-off shotgun when gang members tried to recruit her sons.

[h4]Isiah Thomas Talks[/h4]
In our exclusive interview, Isiah Thomas shed light on his past, present and future. Isiah in Photos 
Photos: The Fall of the Knicks »

The youngest of the nine Thomas kids, Isiah literally hunted for discarded food on the street and figured he was living on borrowed time. "I was below the poverty line," he said. "I swear to you I never thought I would see 20 years old."

A month before his 20th birthday, Thomas won a national championship for Bob Knight at Indiana. He would claim two NBA titles for Chuck Daly in Detroit, and a place among the game's 50 greatest players of all time.

His playing legacy secured, Thomas is motivated to defend a coaching and front-office record that lies in a million little pieces, like the residue of a shattered backboard. He wants to build a winning program at FIU, but burns to find his way from the underbelly of Division I basketball back to the executive suites of the NBA.

So this is the frayed book of Isiah. These are his articles of blind faith.
[h3]ON CHASING LEBRON[/h3]
LeBron James would have taken his talents to the white lights of Broadway, not the white sand of South Beach, if Isiah Thomas had anything to do with it.

"I have to believe that," Thomas said, "because that was my plan. So I stick to it."

Hired as president of the Knicks in December of 2003, Thomas said he targeted James as the centerpiece of a future title winner in New York "from the first day he got in the league, as soon as I got the job."

Chuck Daly begged 
me not to take the Knick job. 
He said, 'You can't fix it. 
You'll probably fix it for somebody else.'

Man I was so happy last night. It was raining 3's from all over. Felton and Stat almost cost us with those damn turnovers. Toney definitely showed up big time game man ooooh man, good to see Gallo showing signs of life out there as well. I can see people being angry with Amare's play and you gotta understand he isn't gonna play the same like he was on the Suns. He doesn't have someone like Nash creating for him and feeding like no other. Nash is just a beast and that type of play won't be duplicated no matter who you bring on the knicks. Dude had a off night but in no way would I say Lee>Stat. I really hope this team continues to play like this.

btw where all the bulls fans go.....the ones talking ton of trash off/pre-season.....seymore cake?

Still don't like D'Antoni as a coach.

TD isn't really a steal. He has that ratchet at FSU, but because of his size no one knew how that would translate to the NBA. and zeke is from Chicago. He did the Knicks dirty on purpose. ie. Eddy Curry

xilegacy wrote:
where all the bulls fans go.....the ones talking ton of trash off/pre-season.....seymore cake? 

CAN I TALK MY !!@% AGAIN... (c) Kanye West

I had to log off last night as to not be the one who bot Banned.  Bottom line Y'all Came In Our Crib & Kicked Our @%!. I'm man enough to give credit where credit is due. With that being said I Hate Y'all... %!%* The Knicks As A Team, A Staff, & As A Mutha %!%* ing Crew!!! And I hope they all catch salmonella poisoning for the rest of the season.

*Ques Marsha Ambrosius "This Can't Be Real...."*

Back
Top Bottom