**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

mez i personally don't think we have a homecourt and haven't for quite some time.

honestly the whole notion of "getting" calls is #%#%*#! ridiculous and unacceptable. it gets harder and harder to enjoy the NBA every year

melo gets the worst "star" treatment I have ever seen

didn't even mention what happened to chauncey. it's a damn joke.

i would love to see the knicks injure a celtic and not get a foul called on them at MSG.

it won't happen

Originally Posted by Pysch

that bad call leads me to believe that the spirit of Tim Donaghy still lives on in the league

This.....

The ref that called that off. foul on Melo, was taht teh same oen in teh vicinity of teh Garnet "screen"?

The Melo shot I have no problem with because we all know he can hit that shot. Believe it or not it was actually a good look. He could of passed it to t-doug for an even better shot. My problem is the inconsistent calling. If the Celtics wanna play physical. We have to play even rougher. Nobody on the C's want it with STAT and Melo in a confrontation. First chance T-doug get he should break Garnett's right leg. I mean he could of gotten hurt on the "screen"

See the thing is that the Knicks were not getting any foul calls, so imagine if they would of been more physical (even though they were)than the the celtics get the foul and the Knicks would of been assed out. To be honest i im not even mad Melo took that shot cause hes been hitting those, we just didnt get the calls that we needed.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Doc Rivers on Ray Allen fouling Melo on final shot of the game "We got away with one ... we got away with one"

so the homer bill simmons and boston's coach both feel like there was some fishy stuff happening. I guess knicks fans are just delusional. Garbage offensive foul. garnett with an illegal screen. melo fouled on the 3 but not called.

NBA where refs happen
Truth.

And Chauncey getting mauled going for the layup by Jermaine....what the hell?!?!?!

all i wanna see is melo hit the game winner in game 7 and take a bow on their floor ..

been wanting that since the beginning of this season

Game 2, we need to take. I want success for my team, but at an added incentive of the Celtics taking the L. Paul Pierce is undoubtedly the biggest b!tch player in the league. Did you see how often HE was crying to the refs? I know STAT & Melo cry to them often, but damn, dude didn't give it a rest once. What a @!#+%@% actor.

I woke up today really, really mad.

Playing teams like Boston you know they will get all the favorable calls, we will eventually get those calls once we start winning.
Unfortunately thats the league in a nutshell, which is why its hard to watch these games sometimes.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

mad.gif
eyes.gif
frown.gif
grin.gif
... im starting to believe the whole new york being blackballed thing, Maybe its a move to push the Knicks out and the Nets in?

Billups is still uncertain for game 2.

"I went to the basket and as i took off on my leg it just kind of buckled on me, i really dont have a clue if i would be sideline. Im not in a lot of pain right now, but thats to be expected".

Pringles
"I know hes hurting right now and we will find out monday i guess, i dont think its anything more than its going to hurt. If it hurts too much, he cant play and if it doesnt he will be ready to go".

Billups said he tried to walk it out but it just gave out on him.

Aside from that go ahead 3 to make it 75-72, Chauncey had a BAD game. I love his toughness and attitude, but i honestly think Toney Douglas will be ready to perform if Chauncey cant go.

Chauncey for the long haul is important if the Knicks are going to try to steal this series, it would be a lot to overcome if he is out for ANY amount of games. A lot of guys had bad shooting nights since it was a good defensive battle, but Chauncey was in control of everything last night.

I hope Shawne Williams gets a little more burn for Game 2.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

This. I thought i'd be able to sleep on it, but it feels horrible being robbed.
Ditto. And I had a headache to go with it. I don't even feel like making any sort of small talk with anybody.

I'm find with sitting Chauncy for game no.2 no reason to foce it if he can't really help us, plus Toney has been fine.

We really are going to need a spark off the bench though offensively, someone is going to have to bring it. Hoping that guy can be Shawne Williams.

And I know everyone hates him on here but I thought Jefferies played great yesterday.

Billups was chucking up jumpers a lot of times in Game 1 so even though I'm gonna get flamed for it, we might be better off w/o him...TD can force jumpers sometimes but they're usually heat check jumpers after he hit a few in a row..Chauncey is bad defensively on Rondo so with Chauncey out, we don't have to use him as a shooting guard since he can't stop Rondo...Now we can put TD in as the PG and use someone like Bill Walker in as SG which helps us defensively and doesn't hurt us on offense...Plus, I feel like Billups sometimes just passes the ball to Melo more in his sweet spot on the wing than he does for Amar'e..With TD in the game, there will be less of that

One positive that I took from this game was that this Knicks squad is tougher than most of us thought, especially the media and critics...The Celtics came out in the 3rd and took it at us, fouling hard, setting strong (sometimes illegal) screens, and blocking shots in the paint..At first it lead to the team forcing up jumpers, but by the 4th quarter, we answered the challenge..Turiaf started getting big rebounds, fighting down low, scoring, blocking shots...Then Amar'e was taking it at KG/Glen Davis/Jermaine like they were a bunch of NCAA Div 2 players, and he even had KG with the
ohwell.gif
look on his face because he knew he got handled...Even TD came through with a big jumper in a pressure moment where other young players would choke...It's a shame we have nothing to show for it but if we use this heartbreaker as fuel for Game 2, we can definitely steal 1

Jefferies was EVERYWHERE yesterday on D. On Offense...another story. But his Defense was AWESOME yesterday.

Bill Walker was big in the 1st half. D'Antoni decided to keep him out the 2nd half.
30t6p3b.gif

T.D. impressed me being that this was his first playoff game and he looked like he always looks.

Billups had a rough game, but I agree with Mez about him controlling the game. He's one of the best at putting pressure on the refs to make calls that wouldn't usually get called. He was trying for the HR too much though last night. Hope he's straight, we def. need him to win this series. But I got a lot of faith in T.D. after that span when Billups went out in the season.

Amare was beasty and I knew he would be. In the playoffs he turns it up.

But I really did wake up and the first thing I said was "Damn! We had them nukkas!"

Back
Top Bottom