**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

SVG is a good coach... yall are tripping... id trade dantoni for him in a heartbeat if trading head coaches was actually possible... mikes system is all gimmick... his teams just play offense and shoot 3s all day... theres like no set plays, no defense and he overplays his team with his small ball mentality and short rotation...if shots are not falling its a rap compared to other teams that actually play defense....and i agree about mike not having a full season with 1 team but at the same time this franchise/team needs to move on without him just so it makes it quicker to win a chip without him....

I'll give SVG this much...he lost 3 of his best defenders (Barnes, Pietrus, Gortat) before the deadline. And he's had to deal with human garbage (unroided Shard, VC, bad Turk, unarmed Gil). But kinda like Dantoni, dude's had real Shaq, D-Whistle and D12 as a crutch.

ohwell.gif
I dunno. I don't love the idea.

We have about a .009% chance to get a good center by 2012...After all the complaining D12 does about getting the ball enough in Orlando, our chances are about .000000000000001% with SVG as coach

[h3]http://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...id=000d07f48bdca482a5187f2298a257a9#p27761685[/h3]
[h3]Knick Players calling out Dantoni[/h3]It is not easy to call for the exodus of a coach who averaged 58 wins a season in his previous job, who is as kind and decent as they come. Nor does it seem fair to call for the head of a coach who, some would say, helped resurrect this franchise and made the Knicks relevant again. But when players are devoid of respect for a coach's basketball acumen, when the opposition laughs over the transparency of his game plan -- so much so that D'Antoni's players intimated they had instituted their own changes at halftime of a close-out game -- the need for a change simply cannot be denied.

The rare display of heart and guts the Knicks exhibited in the second half of Sunday's Game 4 didn't happen just because they started hitting shots and the Celtics suddenly forgot how to defend them. "We got tired of the way things were going," one player explained in the wee hours of Sunday night, long after everyone had departed from the Garden.

"We walked in at halftime and said 'We can't go out this way.' We were pretty ticked off, especially at us not seeming to have any answers scheme-wise. We knew Boston knew everything we were going to do, how we were going to do it, so we needed to do something differently. We just couldn't keep going the way we were going."

"Coach knows offense," one player explained. "It would be nice to set plays, control pace and not jack up shots just because you're open. But that's what Coach does. You could live with it if we played defense. But obviously, we haven't done that much. Good, bad or otherwise, all I can say is that I've never seen anything like this."

A stat that shows a coach encouraging players to chuck.... in 127 minutes played Anthony Randolph shot 31% from the field and shot 4 three's in Minny playing 463 minutes Randolph shot 49% and didn't attempt a three.

Just in case you missed it, Charles Barkley just said that New York City is overrated when it comes to basketball.

charles barkley is functionally ******ed. he's always saying stupid !!#%. as far as players calling out pringles,
grin.gif

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Sounds like AC and Billups to me...

Those were my first 2 guesses after read the SAS article. How about Mase though? He flourished under Pop, I wouldn't put it past him either.

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Sounds like AC and Billups to me...

Those were my first 2 guesses after read the SAS article. How about Mase though? He flourished under Pop, I wouldn't put it past him either.

Word , any combo of those three.

^^^ Always felt Gallo had so much more to his game to offer. Clearly Pringles didn't know how to get the rest of his skill set out of him.
Love to see Rooster out there getting hype too.

Anyone think Wilson's performance this series is going to cost him some $ this summer? Feel bad for him too he's barely played tonight, he's looked so lost this whole series.

you mean he shouldn't just camp at the 3 point line?

seriously tho it's the first game in a while where he has shown anything

Originally Posted by DubA169

seriously tho it's the first game in a while where he has shown anything

IMO Gallo just can't cut it athletically with certain dudes in the L but he definitely doesn't get as much credit as he deserves as far as checking ppl on D. I thought he picked KD pretty clean when he got whistled and he does some good stuff showing on help and rotating. I always felt he was one of the few dudes we had that knew where to be on D and when help at the right times but..Pringles is our coach.

OT but I've never seen Westbrook kind of ignore KD like he did tonight - aside from that last shot. There were so many times when big momentum buckets were needed and his decisions were just @*$. IMO this is the only way KD/Westbrook combo falls apart.

What a surprise, Gallo has a good game and it's D'Antoni's fault

But when he has bad games, no one makes a peep

Gallo was D'Antoni's golden boy, if he wanted to step up and try to take over, coach wasn't going to pull him. He's got plenty of potential and he was my favorite Knick since he got drafted, but he's just too inconsistent right now... don't be surprised when he has 6 points next game and you don't even notice he's playing.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Gallo was D'Antoni's golden boy, if he wanted to step up and try to take over, coach wasn't going to pull him. He's got plenty of potential and he was my favorite Knick since he got drafted, but he's just too inconsistent right now... don't be surprised when he has 6 points next game and you don't even notice he's playing.

I agree w/ all that but it ain't about blaming Pringles when it comes to Gallo. Dude always raised other parts of his game to another level when he got things rolling, felt good, and his confidence was up. It isn't about inconsistency right now, dude is just flat out inconsistent, and he's yet to prove otherwise, his whole career so far. Point is when he feels it and is going well he does more than just shoot 3's, which is what his godfather was grooming him to be, a dead eye shooter, that's it. Tonight was one of those nights.

Back
Top Bottom