Official 12/6: VIKINGS at CARDINALS Sunday Night Football Game Thread...

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Did anyone else see AP straight shrugging people off early in the season?
Or trucking dudes on the Steelers and using their chests for acceleration?
Or hitting those cuts when in the red zone and bringing it in for seven?

Yep, he's a non-factor. Any RB could do those things.
who said he isnt a freak talent? the fact is, the dude is not the vikings offense anymore, brett favre is ... peterson is garbage right now and if he didnt pile on his stats at the end of games when it was out of reach, statistically he'd be an average running back ...
Yeah, those 8 and 9 man boxes Peterson creates have nothing to do with it. It's all Favre.
eyes.gif

AP faced the same pressure in 2008 with Tarvaris Jackson at QB that he is facing right now with Brett Favre at QB. You'd think with the way Favre has beenplaying this year, AP wouldn't draw so much attention but teams STILL fear Peterson more than Favre so they continue to stack 8-9 guys in the box.Difference is...he's just not routinely getting positive yardage like he was in 2008, which is why the whole situation is pretty troubling.

Is he still having a good year statistically? Yeah.

But check this:

In the Seattle game a couple of weeks ago, AP's runs went like this in terms of yardage:

2, 1, 0, 2, -2, 0, -2, 31, 3, 1....

That's been the story the whole season, and it's just been very frustrating. If you only look at his season stats, you're not going to be able tosee any of that.

Peterson is definitely NOT a non-factor like Marley was suggesting, because he certainly draws a lot of attention which opens up things for Favre, but he isnot producing at a consistent rate which means Favre is depended on far more than anyone had planned.

He's just gotta work through this...the fumbles AND the inconsistency.

If Arizona pulls this game out, I can finally watch Sportscenter on a Sunday w/o having to watch Berman and Jackson put on their weekly Favre slurpfest.

Why are we still punting with nine minutes left in the 4th quarter down by 17?

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

If Arizona pulls this game out, I can finally watch Sportscenter on a Sunday w/o having to watch Berman and Jackson put on their weekly Favre slurpfest.
People still watch Sportscenter?

eek.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by Durden7

Its always been known that Minnesota wasnt as good as their record.
*Here they come*

Easy to say that now, huh?
laugh.gif

Anyway, I haven't seen anything tonight to make me believe we can make up 17 points in one quarter w/o letting up any points on the other side.

And as I'm typing this, we get lined up to punt.
ohwell.gif

Still haven't seen anything yet?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

Its always been known that Minnesota wasnt as good as their record.
*Here they come*

Easy to say that now, huh?
laugh.gif

dont matter when he say it its still the truth just makes your comments earlier today look silly

AP faced the same pressure in 2008 with Tarvaris Jackson at QB that he is facing right now with Brett Favre at QB. You'd think with the way Favre has been playing this year, AP wouldn't draw so much attention but teams STILL fear Peterson more than Favre so they continue to stack 8-9 guys in the box. Difference is...he's just not routinely getting positive yardage like he was in 2008, which is why the whole situation is pretty troubling.

Is he still having a good year statistically? Yeah.

But check this:

In the Seattle game a couple of weeks ago, AP's runs went like this in terms of yardage:

2, 1, 0, 2, -2, 0, -2, 31, 3, 1....

That's been the story the whole season, and it's just been very frustrating. If you only look at his season stats, you're not going to be able to see any of that.

Peterson is definitely NOT a non-factor like Marley was suggesting, because he certainly draws a lot of attention which opens up things for Favre, but he is not producing at a consistent rate which means Favre is depended on far more than anyone had planned.

He's just gotta work through this...the fumbles AND the inconsistency.

Fair enough, I haven't seen every single Vikings game so I can't act like I've seen everything he's done this year. Do you think it's moreon him or his offensive line? You can't expect a RB to bust off for 5 yards each and every run (see Chris Johnson), but they should at least maintain apositive rate of some sort. The fumbles are VERY concerning, but I have a feeling that those have to do with his running style (which I've said in the pastscares the crap outta me).

*shrugs* He seems like the AP I've watched since his college days, but maybe I'm just blinded because I admire his talent/ability.

(btw, I've had entirely too much to drink tonight so if what I say comes off as "*$$" then go ahead and let me know... I'll try to claify)

Originally Posted by nnarum

eek.gif
embarassed.gif

This game is why I hate our coach. I haven't seen any halftime adjustments and our prior possession is 4-down territory as far as I'm concerned.

Holy $#*! did anyone else see what just happened to the Vikings LB? His leg looked like it was partly disconnected at the knee and sort of dangling a bit.
eek.gif

Hope dude is OK. I think it was EJ Henderson.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Holy $#*! did anyone else see what just happened to the Vikings LB? His leg looked like it was partly disconnected at the knee and sort of dangling a bit.
eek.gif

Hope dude is OK. I think it was EJ Henderson.

yup.. that $!++ flew back in way

Originally Posted by Statis22

Originally Posted by nnarum

eek.gif
embarassed.gif

I'm not judging, but I think overall it's garbage now. Plus you can look up anything you want to see on the web, minus commercials and cornypunchlines.

BTW, that injury was
sick.gif

sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom