OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Last edited:
he didn't say no but he said someone with knowledge of the triangle is a big factor

honoestly i'd be concerned about players with nagging injuries like carmelo plying under thibbs. he's known to run players into the ground. see what d'antoni did a few years back. thibbs is kinda worse in that regard

honoestly i'd be concerned about players with nagging injuries like carmelo plying under thibbs. he's known to run players into the ground. see what d'antoni did a few years back. thibbs is kinda worse in that regard
I think that D'antoni attributed to the break down of STAT and Nash with the SSOL, but damn it was entertaining ball. I think Thibs would be alright though, he has had to have learned his lesson with Chicago. He is a plus because he isn't a mental ******. Like he has the eggs to hold players accountable and not give pep rally type speeches, he'd get in someone's *** 

How does Phil not realize that the Triangle offense and its success is COMPLETELY dependent on THE PLAYERS.

Isn't this basketball 101? Acknowledge your team's individuals strengths and tweak the offense to suit the personnel.
C'mon Phil.

Phil's success as a coach had more to do with the players he was given and not that damn offense.

Any " speculation" or "rumor" right now is straight b.s. If they had this inside information why weren't any reports coming out before today? This came out of nowhere and the casual fan and media guy that covered the Knicks pretty much thought Fisher was doing a fair job considering our record last year. This came out of no where and there's no way any body will have any "scoop " right now. Walton is still doing his job in G.S. right now. Is Shaw even working?

Just relax wit assumptions on the coach for now. We got Rambus and he talking playoffs, that's all you can ask for.

I'm interesting in seeing the next game now. With Fisher there, I would not. I'm pleased.

Last edited:
All of the former coaches outside of Riles and JVG have been kind of passive, I think whoever is at the helm needs to be a little bit of an a-hole, also Popovich. I can't see anywhere outside of the two coaches I names that demanded the players attention and respect, it could backfire like George Karl, but if our next a-hole coach is successful we'd be fine.

Totally down to let Rambis ride it out and hire Walton in the offseason. Not interested in Thibbs. We have a team with a young player who's never played as many minutes as he's played already and Melo with a nagging knee problem. We have a stagnant offense. Thibbs won't fix that offense and he'll overwork the assets we have.

Jimmy Butler is leading the league in minutes right now without Thibbs. I don't care if Thibbs works his players hard, they're supposed to work hard.

I have no clue if Walton is a good coach or bad coach.

edit: 'sources' are saying Jeff Hornacek could be a candidate

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom