OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Herring says he’s hearing that the Knicks main priority this offseason is a wing player. Not willing to max Conley & may wait for ’17 PG FA

Also, there’s no shot Calderon starts if he stays. Seemed obvious but good to hear.

Sounds like Grant may get a crack at starting PG which is smart thing to. Have him be the stopgap until 2017.

Herring says he’s hearing that the Knicks main priority this offseason is a wing player. Not willing to max Conley & may wait for ’17 PG FA

Also, there’s no shot Calderon starts if he stays. Seemed obvious but good to hear.

Sounds like Grant may get a crack at starting PG which is smart thing to. Have him be the stopgap until 2017.

I like this idea a lot.

Mentioned it before, but I'd be happy w/ overpaying Allen Crabbe. 3 and D guy who hustles and can really score when given the opportunity. We'd have to overpay since the Blazers can match, but I think his upside would be worth it. I'd rather overpay for a young guy w/ upside than a Conley or Rondo, and I like him more than Evan Turner or Kent Bazemore (both Unrestricted). Only other guards I can think of that will be available are Courtney Lee and Lance Stepehenson. Fornier is a restricted FA but I'm not a fan.

We really need Afflalo to opt out tho. I hope Rambis did enough to piss him off so he leaves.

I feel like i need to write Phil a letter apologizing
laugh.gif
Not yet. Still need to see more progress this summer, more upward trending moves.

I only like the fact that Rambis is not coaching.

I will reserve judgement when were halfway into the season under .500 with no chance of playoff contention. Then we can all join hands and hope Hornacek gets fired :lol:

Last edited:

Robin Lopez for Lou Williams and #32 pick!

Robin Lopez for Lou Williams and #32 pick!

throw in D'Angelo & we'll throw in Sasha cause he knows the Laker way :nerd:

Those PHX Suns teams were overachieving in the West though
I'm sick and tired of people saying how teams overachieve. How the Hell can you overachieve? You can most certainly underachieve, but it's like overachieving is a bad thing
laugh.gif

NT is ******* ridiculous sometimes
[h1]What does hiring Jeff Hornacek mean for the Knicks?[/h1]
By bgibberman - Published: 05/19/2016 - 93 Comments

Until about a week ago I was convinced Knicks president Phil Jackson was going to remove the interim tag

and keep Kurt Rambis on a full time basis. The other choices seemed to be David Blatt, Frank Vogel and Hornacek.

I would have bet all my money (so pretty much nothing) on either of the two not named Hornacek.  A litte bit of background here. I live in Phoenix and I covered the Suns on a semi-regular basis during Hornacek’s two years and change with the organization. I’ve interviewed him during the draft workout process, at practices, plus before and after games. Hornacek was always open and honest regarding his philosophies and the players on the roster.

Even with all of this exposure to him I’m not totally sure what to make of the hire.

Hornacek’s time with the Suns got off to a tremendous start when they overachieved in 2013-14 going 48-34 and just missing the playoffs. They were even better than those 48 wins too. Phoenix was 28-15 with Eric Bledsoe in the lineup and 20-19 when he wasn’t, and he Suns ranked eighth offensively (offensive rating per 100 possessions) and 13th defensively.
You just asked how can teams overachieve then said it's like overachieving is a bad thing meaning you know how teams can overachieve. And clearly the same term was used in the article posted after my comment, just analyze that team and you'll see.
laugh.gif

NT is ******* ridiculous sometimes

Last edited:
I'm already salivating at Melo being back at the 4 and KP at the 5 in an uptempo offense with Wroten, Grant, and Galloway playing to their strengths :pimp: We also need to sign Allen Crabbe and bring back D Will

If The Knicks don't use a "Make New York Horny Again" tag line somewhere, any where. Then that was a missed opportunity

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom