OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
He isn't wearing sleeves on all of his limbs either. Who did the art for this?
mean.gif

Man, I'm so relieved that Phil has seemingly gotten over himself and is doing what is best for the Knicks. I was beginning to lose faith...

I vividly remember what Hornacek had Phoenix lookin like his first year. He had that boy Bledsoe looking like PG LeBron. Now watch what he does with Wroten...who before his injury was the 2nd best statistical penetrator in the game. He gets to the cup effortlessly, and Hornacek's offense is based on driving and floor spacing. It's gonna work wonders for Grant too.

Melo and KP are brilliant offensive talents and we wasted a year with them. Now watch Melo turn the scoring back on this year. No less than 26pts, you'll see. No more last second bailout shots on every possession. No more long *** twos...midrange 15ft'ers are better and that's cake for him. He will kill those and you just know he's training right now working on his 3pt jumper. He never got it back post injury and in this offense, I look for him to get back to that near 40% from three range.

Hornacek had Channing Frye looking like a beast! Imagine what he is gonna do with KP. Lord Jesus

We bout to get buckets this season at the very least, and with Lopez and KP protecting the rim, and Wroten/Grant using their athleticism to guard the perimeter...we will be improved defensively off that alone. No more Calderon ole defense

We need a SG bad. I like yalls mention of Crabbe from Portland. Would not be mad at all if we could grab him. Fournier is also a great fit.

Who else can shoot in he NBA? We need them ASAP. Bring back Novak lol
you got me hype..... lol

Seen some 'sources' say Brandon Knight or Eric Bledsoe would like to reunite with Hornacek in NY :nerd:

Our only asset is Rolo lol, which is not enough. If we were to get Bledsoe though and sign Eric Gordon on a one year deal, wouldn't be so bad.

So essentially we would pay Gordon just to be hurt and Bledsoe would play half the season. Pass on Both. Waste of cap space.

Last edited:
I'd rather take a chance on Seth Curry, Dion Waiters and Noah. That's if we couldn't get Batum or any of the upper tier free agents.

Not interested in Bledsoe either. Too injury prone. And hell no to Eric Gordon. No way I wanna pay someone to shoot 35% for 28 games.

Only way we'll sign Noah is if RoLo is shipped.

I mean if Afflalo don't opt out of the contract he can be an asset along with Rolo + Gallo for Bledsoe and we would still have cap for Batum. I'm honestly not sure what the value of our rosters is

Last edited:
no to any of the phoenix guards except booker. thats obviously not happening, but no to noah unless he wants to come off the bench. idk why some of you wanna get rid of rolo so bad.

Do we try and get a starting guard by using RoLo as bait and then slide KP to center and Melo at the 4 and the try and sign another big man?

Do we try and get a starting guard by using RoLo as bait and then slide KP to center and Melo at the 4 and the try and sign another big man?
I dont see KP being the 5 and think Rolo was a decent center. If we can drastically improve. What could we realistically get for Rolo that would mak us better? Anything of value wont be interested in him imo

Biyombo is still very young, doesn't have any problems, and His TRB% would put him top 12, block % would put him top 3 from last season if he played in enough games. He's non-existent offensively but he did 6.5 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in 19 minutes last season and has a league average PER. I'd have no problem giving him a reasonable offer. I'm still a believer.
From the offseason thread. Granted, he might not have gotten the playing time or shown his potential for us.. and even if he did, who's to say we would/should match his next contract.. but yeah.. 3 million on a talent like his was a steal.

Back
Top Bottom