OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters

I really wanted Bismack on this team last year too, him and Kristaps protecting the rim weakside and strongside would've been beautiful.
jeromejames1.jpg

First thought. No thanks.
Exactly. No thanks.
laugh.gif

Would def take bismack. Much better back up center than KOQ. We had zero defensive bigs in the second unit and bismack has been playing real well anytime Jonas has been out (including the regular season).

Would def take bismack. Much better back up center than KOQ. We had zero defensive bigs in the second unit and bismack has been playing real well anytime Jonas has been out (including the regular season).

He's not gonna want backup money.

Melo too slim! He looking anorexic in these streets. Son using the last hole in the belt to buckle his pants to keep them pants from falling.

No more bully ball :stoneface: What was he thinking?!

#DeathofMeloFat #BirthofMeloAnorexia

Emaciated Melo going to average 7 3-pt FGA

dude was never fat. he just wore a **** ton of gear. he might as well play in football pads.

I've noticed this when he started playing for NY. IDK about other players, but he's usually wearing rib protectors under his jersey. Given the beating he takes, without fouls being called--I can understand why.

Those successful nuggets teams and our 54 win squad was top 5 in pace and launched a ton of threes. He will thrive in hornys system

Yeah, but we're going to need actual shooters. Those teams you mentioned all had sharpshooters.

This might come back to bite me in the *** but i'm really excited for next season. Can't wait to see us running & gunning :smokin

Quoted for future use. I admire the positivity though.

Bismack is about to get PAID. Deservedly so. He's been playing out of his mind. If he had LeBron on his team, he'd easily be getting paid $90 million :lol:

Last edited:
don't know if he would've accepted the offer but we should've offered Biyombo the 4/$16M deal we gave KOQ

don't know if he would've accepted the offer but we should've offered Biyombo the 4/$16M deal we gave KOQ
Even if we offered him everything, Fisher wouldn't have played him, it was Fisher, I can see being in a situation where a big man was needed and Fisher would've put in Sasha to protect the paint.

He's really only playing this my minutes b/c JV got hurt though.

Next man up. Doesn't matter why he's playing. All that matters is what he's doing on the floor. He may have his offensive deficiencies, but the guy is a presence on the defensive end. If you can rebound and defend the paint, there is always a place and premium paid for you in the NBA.

He's really only playing this my minutes b/c JV got hurt though.

Next man up. Doesn't matter why he's playing. All that matters is what he's doing on the floor. He may have his offensive deficiencies, but the guy is a presence on the defensive end. If you can rebound and defend the paint, there is always a place and premium paid for you in the NBA.

My point is you can't assume that Fisher wouldn't have played him when the reason he's playing is b/c of an injury.

exactly. him an tristan thompson are the same. both are very limited offensively, but both are great rebounders. i would say that bismack is a much better defender though. i wouldnt be surprised if he gets anything less than 12mil per. this postseason really raised his stock.

i think a lot of you are forgetting how well rolo and KP worked together. i dont wanna break that up. melo, KP, and rolo should remain our starting frontcourt for the next 2-3 years. rolo does all the dirty work and is much better offensively than im sure most of us thought. he was a steal IMO. i mean just look at how much tyson is getting paid in phoenix...

Last edited:

exactly. him an tristan thompson are the same. both are very limited offensively, but both are great rebounders. i would say that bismack is a much better defender though. i wouldnt be surprised if he gets anything less than 12mil per. this postseason really raised his stock.

i think a lot of you are forgetting how well rolo and KP worked together. i dont wanna break that up. melo, KP, and rolo should remain our starting frontcourt for the next 2-3 years. rolo does all the dirty work and is much better offensively than im sure most of us thought. he was a steal IMO. i mean just look at how much tyson is getting paid in phoenix.

I agree with all of this.

I was just talking Knicks with my boy and called Lance 'Pookie' by mistake.

He looked at me like he was reevaluating our friendship.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom