OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
We got Pooh's bird rights in this deal right? So we can spend 30 mill next year and bring back Rose on top of that?
He would eat into the cap room as a FA, but the cap jumps again so there's plenty of room. @d3simet has it right.

But now we reach the conundrum with Rose. The positives are it *should* make you better in the immediate short-term, he *should* plug a long running weakness on the team, it provides more space and opens up more time at 4/5 for Melo/KP, and he's a good PG in a very friendly PG system so the elements are there for success.

So what happens if he balls out? Let's say he continues the upward trend from 2nd half of last season and flourishes here.

Do you then feel comfortable giving a big money/long term deal to a 29 year old Derrick Rose? Because I don't.

Last edited:
A player doesn't lose his bird rights when he gets traded

A player only loses his bird rights once he signs with a new team as a free agent

Just a tweet that Wizards are planning to offer Noah a max contract

[emoji]128529[/emoji]

I just read in the NBA thread that OKC with their latest move could renounce the rights to Ilyasova & let dion waiters Walk... they could have 20 Mil in cap space and then resign KD because of his Bird rights... As a Lakers fan in the same sweepstakes as you Knick fans there is absolutely no way he leaves now.

OKC already has a top 5 player just entering his prime who he's familiar with & now you tell me that they have the cap to add another significant AS caliber player or just two really good role players to that team :smh:. Unless Russ is hellbent on leaving and he already told KD this, he's not going anywhere. and that's w/o adding in the fact that he could get 200+ M's from OKC

Word on the e streets is Durant will have a meeting in the Hamptons...you know where Dolan has his annual parties

Durant will also be meeting with the lakers in L.A

:lol: lets see....I'm not expecting much but whatever

Word on the e streets is Durant will have a meeting in the Hamptons...you know where Dolan has his annual parties

Durant will also be meeting with the lakers in L.A

:lol: lets see....I'm not expecting much but whatever

I valet parked (actually just directed traffic bc there were too many cars to valet) at Dolans 4th of July party when I was in hs. It was at his home in Oyster Bay, he's got a whole complex of houses and puts on his own firework show every year with 2-4 barges in the LI sound/Oyster Bay. We were expecting all the Knicks to show up but the only one who did was Allan Houston. Not that I expect KD to sign, but it's not that great a party, it was mostly families and old people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom