OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
You are guys are gonna make me block myself and if @ptragic comes in here again with his Lakers stench acting like he's here to talk Knicks subjectively I'm gonna do a backflip out my bedroom window

You all know that I am a fan of the trade and the Rose gamble and getting rid of RoLo but I must say I would feel a lot better if the trade were just RoLo and Caldo and we held on to Grant. That was/is my only major drawback.

However that writer sounded like kind of a pretentious douche IMO. The kind of writer who thinks he is so much smarter than everyone else by throwing advanced analytics in your face and would look down on you if you didnt agree with his point of view that Rose is washed. Hate those kind of writers.

I mean sure Rose's driving numbers were not great last season, but look at the personnel. Bulls were one of the few teams in the league to almost always trot out two traditional big men. It's not optimal driving situations for him when he has 2 big men in the post and their defenders easily able to help out. Part of the reason why the Bulls were a dumpster fire. Rose will get alot more easy paths to the basket with KP at the 5 and Melo at the 4 and nobody bringing in help defense. That is how Horny ran his offense in Phoenix when it was successful (until they lost their stretch 5 and stretch 4, brought in Tyson Chandler to play center, and traded away 2 of their best PGs), and it requires a PG who can get to the hoop off of pick and rolls. Rose can still do that when he is healthy with the best of them. Calderon cant at all. 

And I hate when writers just mindlessly label Melo as "ball dominant." The Knicks will be a better team with Rose dominating the ball as the PG, KP as the primary pick and roll/pop option at the 5, and Melo playing the stretch 4 and operating at the point of attack for catch and shoot opportunities as well as working as a point forward type role like he did last season. That kind of offense can absolutely 100% work if Rose is healthy. Not everything is about some blind pecking order the media likes to create. Melo himself has even acknowledged multiple times that he is at his best when he plays with a PG who is able to dominate the ball and put him in easier positions. Doesnt mean Rose will necessarily average more PPG than Melo or KP but he will be the primary ball handler and that should be fine by all.

Last edited:
As far as I see it that is a gross overestimation of what we have up for Rose.

At worst it's a wash on both sides.

Robin Lopez kind of hindered what we wanted to do moving forward don't think a lot of y'all understand that. We're aiming for the tier 1 type max players and if we strike out on them we can still find Lopez caliber players or even better. This ***** didn't even play 4th quarters like stop crying about this **** already

Last edited:
I just wonder if we're the only team to hold our Rookies, no matter where they are picked, in such high regards.

If it was up to me Grant would've been the starting PG next season.

Grant
Crabbe/Bazemore/Lee/Fournier
Melo
Porzingis
Lopez

We're not close to a championship & Grant was never given a fair shot so next year would've been all about development. Solidify the 2 guard position, fill the bench, & continue to add on to what we got last summer. It's not the sexy thing to do but it's the right way to rebuild. If things don't work out we have our 1st round pick & some cap room to play with summer 2017.

What kind of "let's just barely sniff the playoffs" type of line-up are you trying to construct? [emoji]128514[/emoji]

We want to win. We have Phil Jackson. You use his name and clout and you swing for the fences. This team hasn't had any real success in decades. Whatever safe BS we have done in the past is not going to work. New era, new rules. Time to go hard or go home

Last edited:
What kind of "let's just barely sniff the playoffs" type of line-up are you trying to construct? [emoji]128514[/emoji]

We want to win. We have Phil Jackson. You use his name and clout and you swing for the fences. This team hasn't had any real success in decades. Whatever safe BS we have done in the past is not going to work. New era, new rules. Time to go hard or go home

Quite sure Nicks favorite Knicks team in recent memory was the Knicks pre Melo with felton, Chandler, and danilo, and stat. Their ceiling was the 6th seed and 45 wins but damn weren't they cute and cuddly to watch :D the little engines that could. That team > 54 win Knicks team in 2012

Quite sure Nicks favorite Knicks team in recent memory was the Knicks pre Melo with felton, Chandler, and danilo, and stat. Their ceiling was the 6th seed and 45 wins but damn weren't they cute and cuddly to watch :D the little engines that could. That team > 54 win Knicks team in 2012

That team was awesome :lol:

I just wonder if we're the only team to hold our Rookies, no matter where they are picked, in such high regards.
Dudes acting like Lopez aint is what he is.

As for Grant, the next time he shows up in the garden if he's playing like Gary Payton then I'll eat crow, **** on Phil and proclaim this the worst trade in sports history.

Until then I'm not gonna act like he had some super high ceiling.

On my phone so I can't embed, but listen in at 1:15 [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Few things:

1. Maybe we have a slight shot but I'm not getting hyped right now lol

2. Great Melo highlights from that asg

3. Looking forward to seeing Olympic Melo this summer

Y'all forgot the Lopez slander earlier last season. Idk how anyone thinks this is a bad trade. :lol: He turned it around but not like he was a superstar lol.

Last edited:
- We need at least one backup C/PF besides KOQ, I hope we keep KOQ, I don't think he was given a fair chance here under Fisher.

- Jamal Crawford really wanna join the Knicks again. 

- No to Dwight, even if we strike out on Noah & KD/Batum.

- "If" we get KD I think we should look at Crawford and maybe a Kris Humphries.

- IF we sign Noah, we should look into adding Kevin Martin or Lance Stephenson

What yall think about Greivis Vasquez? We also never really considered that Al Horford is out there....

Al Hordord - KP - Melo - Crawford - Rose. That sounds decent to me

Last edited:
Lance back home
pimp.gif
Or Lance and Noah back home. That can be a real tough lineup with Noah - KP - Melo - Stephenson - Rose

Back
Top Bottom