OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
I know Ima probably get laughed at, but is there ever any WNBA discussion anywhere in s&t?

Only reason I ask is cause I went to the Liberty game yesterday for 20th anniversary. They played the Phoenix Mercury and it was a GREAT game.

I have been to others before but this was a quality game. Liberty got robbed by a horrible phantom foul on Diana Taurasi 3 pointer. Liberty were up 3 and she tied it with 3 FTs. It felt very close to superstar NBA treatment she got from the refs. She was constantly talking to the refs. No other player on either team spoke to the refs on dead balls or free throws.

Awesome game tho, anybody catch it or the highlights? Phoenix got some talent and Tina Charles is like the Dirk of the NBA with her fading one legged jumpers.

Not gonna lie tho....I did watch the first inaugural season out of curiosity and once in a while in the past, if a liberty game was on MSG while changing channels, I would watch it for Becky Hammon.

I want Noah.

Don't want Fournier, at all. We've seen enough players with man buns come here and fail. **** him.

I wouldn't mind taking a shot at Rondo. Don't think he would be a good fit with Hornacek though.
Yoooooooo sd;fkjfakln;dsgjlfgldf 
roll.gif
roll.gif

It doesn't get any more Ballerific-ish than that quote.
roll.gif

If NYK had to choose between Noah & Fournier, I would take Fournier. I like Noah, but I think SG is a bigger need than the 5. Rather pay an underrated C for the low because KP gonna close out games at the 5
I'd offer both, one year 5 mil.
Mr. Krabs, is that you?
laugh.gif
Dog I'm Cryyyyyyyyying. Bruh said he was Mr. Krabs after that measly *** offer. LOOOOOOOOOL 
roll.gif

I legit have tears in my eyes from y'all posts.
laugh.gif

Everything is funny!

I know Ima probably get laughed at, but is there ever any WNBA discussion anywhere in s&t?

Only reason I ask is cause I went to the Liberty game yesterday for 20th anniversary. They played the Phoenix Mercury and it was a GREAT game.

I have been to others before but this was a quality game. Liberty got robbed by a horrible phantom foul on Diana Taurasi 3 pointer. Liberty were up 3 and she tied it with 3 FTs. It felt very close to superstar NBA treatment she got from the refs. She was constantly talking to the refs. No other player on either team spoke to the refs on dead balls or free throws.

Awesome game tho, anybody catch it or the highlights? Phoenix got some talent and Tina Charles is like the Dirk of the NBA with her fading one legged jumpers.

I watch the games occasionally when they are on TV

Its usually Phoenix, LA, or Minnesota.

Its cool watching the players that were stars in college on the next level. I dont know what it would take to bring the league to the next level but I think they are dying.

I think you should've kept that to yourself
FIRST REPLY asdfl;sjdf;lsjfl;fsdgs

Man I'm howling, y'all are too much for me right now. 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dwight put up 14/12 on 62% shooting in 32 minutes last season.
he makes 62 percent of his layups[emoji]128517[/emoji][emoji]128517[/emoji][emoji]128517[/emoji]

:lol: :lol:

I'll root for Rose but i'll never be a fan of what it took to get him
If Phil really had his sights set on Rose he could've waited a week & took him in a salary dump.

Grant & Calderon could be replaced but it'll cost more than $7M to do so. Lopez could also be replaced but it'll cost ~$20M/year for an older, worse player.

My original thought was we made this trade so Porzingis could play the 5 but now we're going after Noah & Howard so i have no clue what we're thinking. Either Phil dramatically changed his thoughts in the last month or someone else is calling the shots.
so Phil Jackson sucks because he traded Rolo??? Rolo was gonna get us to the promise land, ok...... [emoji]128530[/emoji]

At this point in my life I would be satisfied seeing the Knicks being a competitive first Rd knockout team.

Its cool watching the players that were stars in college on the next level. I dont know what it would take to bring the league to the next level but I think they are dying.

I feel you. I have a special respect for the women because my daughter is playing ball right now and I would hate for the WNBA to go down before she able to accomplish her goals as a basketball player. The WNBA is the ultimate for these girls right now even though there is always overseas, but a lot of girls aren't built for that different country stuff.

Very important for the WNBA to be a standard so that even if she's doesn't make the league she held her goals high as she improved during every level.

Last edited:
Dwight put up 14/12 on 62% shooting in 32 minutes last season.
he makes 62 percent of his layups[emoji]128517[/emoji][emoji]128517[/emoji][emoji]128517[/emoji]

:lol: :lol:

I'll root for Rose but i'll never be a fan of what it took to get him
If Phil really had his sights set on Rose he could've waited a week & took him in a salary dump.

Grant & Calderon could be replaced but it'll cost more than $7M to do so. Lopez could also be replaced but it'll cost ~$20M/year for an older, worse player.

My original thought was we made this trade so Porzingis could play the 5 but now we're going after Noah & Howard so i have no clue what we're thinking. Either Phil dramatically changed his thoughts in the last month or someone else is calling the shots.
so Phil Jackson sucks because he traded Rolo??? Rolo was gonna get us to the promise land, ok...... [emoji]128530[/emoji]

- I don't want Dwight Howard on this team. I was just saying he could still play.

- Never said Phil sucks or RoLo was the future but good, smart teams don't trade controllable assets for damaged goods. All 3 players we traded could be replaced but it'll cost a lot more money than what they were making. Lopez, Grant, & Calderon were making ~$20M combined this season. Now it'll cost ~$20M just for a center.

I'm done addressing the Rose trade. I know i'm in the minority & it's not worth discussing every day.

I feel you. I have a special respect for the women because my daughter is playing ball right now and I would hate for the WNBA to go down before she able to accomplish her goals as a basketball player. The WNBA is the ultimate for these girls right now even though there is always overseas, but a lot of girls aren't built for that different country stuff.

Very important for the WNBA to be a standard so that even if she's doesn't make the league she held her goals high as she improved during every level.

They need more girls like your daughter to become fans and even girls who dont play but are fans of the game.

I remember reading something about some of the girls playing overseas and in the WNBA to have another income because they dont make enough.

I found something

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201404/brittney-griner-made-12-times-more-playing-china-us

Same way I feel about my daughter and softball. I know she's 4 but she definitely has a interest in it. Already got her signed up for a rookie tee ball league. She deadass watches these girls play when the college world series is going on i just wish there was a pro softball league she can watch

flame suit on: I think it's worth a shot to roll the dice on Dwight. His potential will be maxed playing in the East again. In 09 he dropped 40 on Lebrons Cavs and went to the finals. His shot blocking would take the load off KP and allow him to spend more energy on offense.

View media item 2082991

flame suit on: I think it's worth a shot to roll the dice on Dwight. His potential will be maxed playing in the East again. In 09 he dropped 40 on Lebrons Cavs and went to the finals. His shot blocking would take the load off KP and allow him to spend more energy on offense.

View media item 2082991

In 7 years, his health, specifically his back, is not the same. He doesnt have the physical, psychological, nor testicular ability to play in a Knicks uniform.

View media item 2082991

In 7 years, his health, specifically his back, is not the same. He doesnt have the physical, psychological, nor testicular ability to play in a Knicks uniform.
So he can't play here? :lol: one thing is playing with Kobe another thing is playing in a big city .
He can play here and he will play really good for us. Only thing is I believe Noah is a better fit. But if the money is there you turn down Dwight ?? Chill.
We were mocking Tyson for not putting any effort and us getting dogged in the inside.
So y'all really want the inside to be soft with a booty *** center as long as we got a solid 2 guard .
Who btw none of the 2s available are as good as we hype them up to be. Who's to say we can't get a 2 guard besides having Dwight

Back
Top Bottom