OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Idk if he'll make the team, but we got JP Tokoto on our summer league roster. Was a fan of his at UNC, freak athlete and great defender, but he can't shoot. I hope he gets some playing time tho

Dudes acting like a line up of
Rose
???
Melo
Kp
d12
Wouldn't go anywhere , besides that next season it would be a good landing spot for free agents.
All I'm saying is, if we strike out on Noah. We need to get Dwight.

Ay I know it's been a few days, but I didn't want to let it pass without mentioning...
Couple weeks ago, I finally got some closure from my ex about where our relationship went wrong....she said that I told her, the Knicks winning a championship would be the happiest day of my life, over the birth our first born child and our future wedding.

She said she couldn't shake the thought
roll.gif

With that being said, my body is beyond ready for the Knicks to be competitve again.
nthat.gif
This right here might be the rawest post OF ALL TIME. I wasn't 'eem prepared for all this realness bro.
laugh.gif
**** is damn near sig worthy.

Literally had me like, "wow. well damn. wow. **** yeah."

One day, man...

full quote from Melo on Durant:

NEW YORK -- New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony told ESPN on Monday that his recruitment of marquee free agent Kevin Durant has already begun and will not be affected "whether he meets with the Knicks or not."

‎"I'm with KD now; he's right downstairs," Anthony told ESPN in an interview that will air later Monday on SportsCenter. "We've been together. We've been talking.

Durant has been in New York for several days in advance of Monday afternoon's official unveilng of the 12-man squad that will represent USA Basketball at the Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.

That has given Anthony and Durant an opportunity to work out together some in recent days and likewise afforded Anthony a chance to start selling Durant on the merits of the Knicks.

Free agency doesn't officially start until Friday at 12:01 a.m., but the league office typically does not police such player interactions, since Anthony and Durant are obviously longtime friends who stay in frequent contact during the season.

To date, only five teams besides the incumbent Oklahoma City Thunder have secured face-to-face recruiting meetings with Durant and his agent Rich Kleiman for the first few days of free agency at an undisclosed location: Golden State, San Antonio‎, Miami, Boston and the Los Angeles Clippers.

‎"You know, for me, it's more just about just laying it all out for him," Anthony said, "giving him the real.

"Being in that situation before and knowing how much he has to think about‎ and what he has go through, him not wanting to leave Oklahoma ‎[after] all the time that he spent there, ‎I felt the same way when I was in Denver, spending 7½ years there and then to have to make a decision‎. But you leave it up to him. He's going to make the best decision for him. I think that's the most important thing‎."

Last edited:
full quote from Melo on Durant:

NEW YORK -- New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony told ESPN on Monday that his recruitment of marquee free agent Kevin Durant has already begun and will not be affected "whether he meets with the Knicks or not."

‎"I'm with KD now; he's right downstairs," Anthony told ESPN in an interview that will air later Monday on SportsCenter. "We've been together. We've been talking.

the Knicks," Anthony continued, "so that meeting has already taken place."

Durant has been in New York for several days in advance of Monday afternoon's official unveilng of the 12-man squad that will represent USA Basketball at the Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.

That has given Anthony and Durant an opportunity to work out together some in recent days and likewise afforded Anthony a chance to start selling Durant on the merits of the Knicks.

Free agency doesn't officially start until Friday at 12:01 a.m., but the league office typically does not police such player interactions, since Anthony and Durant are obviously longtime friends who stay in frequent contact during the season.

To date, only five teams besides the incumbent Oklahoma City Thunder have secured face-to-face recruiting meetings with Durant and his agent Rich Kleiman for the first few days of free agency at an undisclosed location: Golden State, San Antonio‎, Miami, Boston and the Los Angeles Clippers.

‎"You know, for me, it's more just about just laying it all out for him," Anthony said, "giving him the real.

"Being in that situation before and knowing how much he has to think about‎ and what he has go through, him not wanting to leave Oklahoma ‎[after] all the time that he spent there, ‎I felt the same way when I was in Denver, spending 7½ years there and then to have to make a decision‎. But you leave it up to him. He's going to make the best decision for him. I think that's the most important thing‎."
Isn't that tampering ???
They can't do that until July 1st no ?

I just hope that were all still alive, handsome, and could still get it up when we do win a championship.

Knicks not winning **** in our lifetime.

Dwight is a cancer, don't want him. He'll do to this team what Isiah did.

WNBA is awful. Women go overseas and get way more money. They've been struggling to keep it around for the last few years. Can't believe it's still around. Only people that seem to care about it are father's with daughters and that's it. I don't know any broads that watch that ****.

I'm glad I'm not the only one looking at D12 as a viable option. I said last week that something was brewing with Durant. I honestly think we have just as good of a chance than any other team besides OKC to get him

Last edited:
yeah, dwight is still a good defender and rebounder, but he's gonna want to be more than just that on our squad. he's gonna want touches and to be involved in the offense. he's pretty quick for his size and would be ideal for hornacek's system, but we already have that in KP. if we didn't have KP, then i would be cool with dwight coming here. he just doesn't fit. that's like having rose and rondo on the same time. it just doesn't make sense.

if we don't get noah, i think our next top target should be gasol. solid defender, can still get double digit rebounds, can score, and is a good playmaker. he definitely fits our new style over dwight. he will also be cheaper as well and isnt a premadona.

if we don't get noah, i think our next top target should be gasol. solid defender, can still get double digit rebounds, can score, and is a good playmaker. he definitely fits our new style over dwight. he will also be cheaper as well and isnt a premadona.

Gasol better sign on for the low low. Otherwise its a no go.

i'd give him 15mil per at most. thats double his last season's earnings and he averaged 17 and 11 in 72 games. he's probably the most durable between him, noah, and dwight.

If NYK had to choose between Noah & Fournier, I would take Fournier. I like Noah, but I think SG is a bigger need than the 5. Rather pay an underrated C for the low because KP gonna close out games at the 5
I'd offer both, one year 5 mil.

Mr. Krabs, is that you? :lol:
Fine, 5.5 mil and throw in some Knicks merch.

Not gonna lie tho....I did watch the first inaugural season out of curiosity and once in a while in the past, if a liberty game was on MSG while changing channels, I would watch it for Becky Hammon.
I've never bought tickets to a game but one time the Liberty had a day game and I get off the train with my boy and I swear there were no security or ticket stops for the game :lol: We just waltzed all the way to the 2nd level :lol:

I feel like WNBA talk is only for talking about who I'd want to smash. Becky Hammond included.

Back
Top Bottom